GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the problem is. We know the rules of our justice system. It might not be perfect but it's all we have.
Most of us understand the USA system is very different but is it any better?

What I do like about the American judiciary is in most cases the sentences match the crime. In Australia too many criminals get the well known 'slap on the wrist.'

What is there to slueth in regard to the Rowe family killings?
The alleged perpetrator has been arrested and is jail awaiting trial. He will have his day in court.
That's a lot better deal than the deceased members of the Rowe family are going to get.

Hopefully details of the 'hows & whys' of this crime will be made available from the trial.
At some future time the crime will probably feature in an Australian True Crime book or a television program like Crime Investigation Australian.

If you want something to slueth in the meantime why not try the Wanda Beach Killings. It is a cold case crying out for justice.

How do you know the dad was the first to be found?

because apparently his body was visible through the window of a front room. a co-worker of AR come over to see why he wasnt at work, front door was locked so he knocked, looked through the windows and alerted police

I'm bumping this post for those that continue to ask what can be sleuthed.

Here is a list of things you may discuss, put together and work on. As always, please be careful not to violate the suppression order or violate the TOS and rules.

- Create a timeline for the case. (Indizio has done this here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5859164&postcount=336, but it can be reviewed and added to or clarified if needed)

- Write up your own recap of the story of the case and post it. Great for people who are new to the case, plus you get to give a voice to the victim.

- Go back and collect the known facts of the case, along with their source links, and post them. If you don't have time to collect all of them, just do whatever you have time for, and ask for others to add to it. BUT BE CAREFUL NOT TO VIOLATE THE SUPPRESSION ORDER WITH THE LINKS. If you can't link it - it is not supported as fact and is considered rumor.

- Write up your own theory of what happened in the case. Great to get others thinking about and posting on the case, and bring attention to it.

- Find a picture of the victim that hasn't been posted for a while, and post it so there's always a face to put with the victim's name, reminding people that the victim is a real person.

- Find the most recent map(s) of significant locations, update them if necessary, (we in the US don't know about Australian geography). There are different tools for creating the maps such as Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/), Bing (http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH7), and other online tools.

- Check Google News or Interceder (http://interceder.net/) for the most recent news story, and post it with a note that it's the most recent story on the case. AGAIN BE CAREFUL NOT TO VIOLATE THE SUPPRESSION ORDER.

- See if there's a candle lighting site for the victims. If so, light a candle and post the link. If not, create a site, light a candle, and post the link so others can light candles. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=ENG

- Humanize the victim - see if you can find some of the victim's favorite things, make a list, and post them. Did you find the victim's favorite song? See if you can find the lyrics, and post a link to them. Did you find the victim's favorite place to go? See if you can find a website for it, or a link to it on Google Maps or Bing.com, and link to them.

- Write up a recap of the victim's story, or a particular aspect of the case that interests or puzzles you, in your very own unique way, and post it.

- Write up a Myth Buster! Do you know of a rumor or misinformation that's made the rounds in the case and has always bugged you? Look up the source links for the real facts, and bust the myth!

- Start a list of direct quotes from LE, along with the date stated, and link to source. Post it and ask others to contribute to it.

- Is there a certain news video or press conference that you and others are constantly listening to to determine what was said? Transcribe it and post it for reference.

- Make a list of the news websites that have been covering the case regularly, collect their URLs, and post it.

- For cases where there are general discussion threads instead of a forum, check to see if important information and links have been brought forward from previous threads, such as timeline, case recap, list of news websites, photo archives, candle lighting site for the victim, etc. Post the ones that haven't been brought forward yet.

:)

Salem

This is just meant to give some ideas. I, for one, would find maps very useful and any knowledge of the little town that can be shared.

Here's a starter for you Myserty64...interesting

12 December 2009: The inquest into the disappearance of Linda Stilwell has been adjourned while her family appeals Deputy State Coroner Iain West's decision not to force Derek Percy to give evidence.
There had been been speculation that the coroner might use new laws to make Percy, who is the prime suspect in the case, give evidence. However Percy's lawyer Paul Higham successfully argued that any evidence Percy might give would be questionable and the coroner said it would be inappropriate "as a matter of law" 88 to force Percy to take the stand.
Earlier in the inquest (see previous news item) Percy was linked to the Stilwell disappearance by two witnesses. In addition to the Stilwell case, Percy is considered to be the prime suspect in the unsolved May 1968 murder of Sydney toddler Simon Brook, and to be a suspect for the January 1966 presumed abduction and murder of the Beaumont children in Adelaide, the January 1965 Wanda Beach murders in Sydney, and the September 1966 murder of Allen Redston in Canberra.

http://www.beaumontchildren.com/beaumontNews.html

Derek Ernest Percy

http://www.beaumontchildren.com/beaumontDerekErnestPercy.html

Now back to the Rowe's.....

<modsnip> RUMOR the wounds were a lot more extensive than any person knows <modsnip:baiting> it was not planned as the accused was let into the house that night no one would let someone in there house if they have a machette if it was planned it wouldnt of been such horrible wounds

<modsnip>. there are many things the public do not know and have not been made aware of. i personally believe the accused did not do this crime on his own or he is covering for who did it. he is a tiny 6ft man with a slim skinny frame and weighs probably all of 50kg there is no way he inflicted such wounds on the family that have been inflicted. AR was a big person as was RR they were claimed to have fought hard for their lives and the wounds on the accused do not match the types of wounds the killers would have they would be much more severe. i am from kapunda <modsnip: baiting>. i just wish people could be told or know the truth as they would have a different opinion on this case. DO NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA. :furious:

<modsnip>RUMOR: the wounds were a lot more extensive than any person knows <modsnip:baiting> it was not planned as the accused was let into the house that night no one would let someone in there house if they have a machette if it was planned it wouldnt of been such horrible wounds

Hi Cbayford, don't think we've seen you here before?
Just checking if this statement is fact?? "He was let into the house" not sure how anyone would know this??

<modsnip> there are many things the public do not know and have not been made aware of. i personally believe the accused did not do this crime on his own or he is covering for who did it. he is a tiny 6ft man with a slim skinny frame and weighs probably all of 50kg there is no way he inflicted such wounds on the family that have been inflicted. AR was a big person as was RR they were claimed to have fought hard for their lives and the wounds on the accused do not match the types of wounds the killers would have they would be much more severe. i am from kapunda <modsnip>. i just wish people could be told or know the truth as they would have a different opinion on this case. DO NOT BELIEVE THE MEDIA. :furious:

As a local are you able to share any more actual facts. Glad to have someone here who seems to actually know some truth???

As a local are you able to share any more actual facts. Glad to have someone here who seems to actually know some truth???

<modsnip> RUMOR: yes i can tell you him being let into the house is fact. i will also say i know more on this case but unfortunately do not want to go against the supression order so im not ready to say much as of yet. the accused and his family were people i knew well and the person that took the accused to the police station im also close to. sorry but this is all i can release at this point in time i dont want to break rules, laws or trust im sorry

MOD ALERT: Stating in a post that you know something but aren't going to share is called baiting in WS's TOS and is against the rules. However, I am going to let this post stand because of the unusual circumstances surrounding this case. I will <modsnip> all other baiting beyond this one post.

Salem

Sorry to bug you but I have not really spoken to anyone from Kapunda. I can't imagine what the town must be going through and all of the young people who are involved.Can I ask you 1 question? There was talk that the acussed had injuries on his arms are you able to confirm or deny this rumour for us??

<modsnip> RUMOR: yes i can tell you him being let into the house is fact. i will also say i know more on this case but unfortunately do not want to go against the supression order so im not ready to say much as of yet. the accused and his family were people i knew well and the person that took the accused to the police station im also close to. sorry but this is all i can release at this point in time i dont want to break rules, laws or trust im sorry

Thanks luv, yes we kind of have to be careful on this site as well and cannot break the suppression order either....so can you tell us a little bit about the accused as in what kind of boy he is? Also is he getting any support from friends and family now that he is locked up, is he allowed communication with people or is that very limited?

<modsnip> RUMOR: this i can confirm as it has been posted in the media. he has several wounds on his right hand and his right arm which appear to be defensive wounds, and are being investigated as part of his alibi. he is right handed so is unlikely to have done them to himself in the crime

Hi welcome cbayford, finally we have a local who really knows some facts???

That's ok. I understand. I just think this case has struck alot of people.For me I know how close friends are at that age. It could really happen to anyone couldn't it? Someone you love and trust doing something unspeakable must have certainly shocked a whole town.
I kind of had a feeling all along that this young man could not have done all this himself.Hoping he's not covering for anyone.
I hope you and your friends are coping ok and pray for you all. Take care of yourself and your friends.

he was quiet, friendly, had a full time apprenticeship, would talk to anyone who spoke to them, he never spoke of odd things like killing animals or people, he was very much against violence, he was only 6ft tall about 50-55kg, he completed school went straight to work, he had problems with his brother he was a very normal person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bessie22