Australia Australia - Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, WA *Sentencing* - #24

'Never-ending suffering': Claremont killer victim's father speaks
"There is no such experience as closure. Our life is now divided into two very distinct parts – with Ciara, and without Ciara," he said.
"It is unnatural for a parent to bury a child and to have Ciara killed in the prime of her life was and is our worst nightmare," Mr Glennon said.
"The suffering is never-ending, it's unimaginable, it's indescribable."
However, he praised Justice Stephen Hall's sentencing, and said he felt that, as far as it could be served, justice had been done.

'Never-ending suffering': Claremont killer victim's father speaks

My heart cries for all victims of the CSK...Beautiful women who lost their lives and to those womem still living
whose lives changed (horribly) forever. My heart cries for their families who will grieve until the day they die. I so hope that one day, Sarah will be found & give some closure to her family. Good job WA Police & WA Juustice system.

Last edited:
Yeah its the name that irks me enigma of the dark, sounds like a steven king novel ,l mean
these people have more front than woolies
Let the dust settle please total disregard For all concerned, might buy a copy put it in the dunne incase of another lockdown
The name is taken from a phrase prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo used in court in her opening address on the first day of the trial.
"That fear was caused by an enigma of the dark.”

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

The underwear, later DNA-linked to Ms Glennon and bearing her handwritten initials on the tag, was suspected to have been a spare pair inside the lawyer’s missing work bag, which she had with her the night she vanished.

Ex-girlfriends who came forward to police after the shock arrest in 2016 were asked by detectives of the former Telstra worker’s sexual habits with some recounting he had an "exceptionally thin penis", according to excerpts from Stalking Claremont.

I hope SS is found. Just for the friends and family to finally have closure. Surely something will come up.

HH attack 1990 - Wendy Davis speaks on 6PR radio about BRE's attack on her in this link

Her book "Dont Make a Fuss - It's only the Claremont Serial Killer" released 31 May 2022

Missed this from the 15 June 2022 - good old Daily Mail (trying to link MM as being BRE "known" to JR):

Claremont mini-series among huge Seven line-up for 2023

Tues 25 Oct 2022: BBM:

Channel Seven has revealed that Australian entertainment royalty Erik Thompson and Kate Ritchie will lead the cast of The Claremont Murders, the highly anticipated drama series based on one of Western Australia’s most notorious crimes.

Until now a closely guarded secret, the casting announcement was made at Seven’s upfronts presentation in Sydney, which saw the network unveil its programming line-up for 2023.

Seven Network Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross, told The West Australian the two-part Claremont series would be “a major television event in 2023”.

The Claremont Murders, which has already completed filming in Perth, centres around the investigation into the disappearances of Sarah Spiers, Jane Rimmer and Ciara Glennon from Claremont in the late 1990s.

It looks at the 25-year search for justice by police “and one tenacious journalist” determined to seek justice, and how the perpetrator of the women’s murders was eventually captured.

The veteran stars of Home and Away and Packed To The Rafters will join Ryan Johnson (Doctor Doctor), Catherine VănDavies (The Twelve), Aaron Glenane (Shantaram) and Laura Gordon (Undertow) in the Screentime-produced series. Andrea Demetriades (Janet King), Craig Hall (Boy directed by Taika Waititi) and Jeremy Lindsay Taylor (Puberty Blues) also round out the key cast, along with Tasma Walton (Mystery Road), Joel Jackson (Peter Allen: Not the Boy Next Door), Tom O’Sullivan (Alien: Covenant) and Dalip Sondhi (Frayed). Their roles are, as-yet, unknown.

“This is a two-part mini series that has been years in the making — I first spoke to Screentime about this series three or four years ago,” Mr Ross said.

“It was one of Australia’s biggest manhunts; one of Australia’s longest unsolved crimes.

“We have a great cast for this, and it is dealt with very sensitively. It is a fascinating story.”

I for one hope this tv drama is explained with exact evidence & as a "true crime" - for the victims (and the girls' families sake)
I can't say I hold a lot of hope of it being so.

Detectives believe Claremont killer Bradley Edwards visited Ciara Glennon's grave three years after her death and left behind an item of her underwear, sparking a covert police operation, according to a new book released on Wednesday.

The garment was found by one of Ms Glennon’s family members visiting the Karrakatta Cemetery site in late November 2000, 3½ years after the 27-year-old became the third woman to be snatched off the streets of Claremont and murdered.
So clear evidence exists, the convicted had been visiting the grave of Ciara, which Romauld had visited also.

Had the convicted seen Romauld, Ciaras work colleague and close confident at the grave and murdered him? Apparently BE wife#1 was a legal secretary at the time. Rom was a legal clerk of sorts in Ciaras workplace.

A coroners inquest says otherwise but the site of Roms death, is in the local of the crimes, stGraylandsHospital, notably, "just outside". The circumstances were dubious. Had the perpetrator moved to suicide motive operandi to take the heat off? Rom had enough Tamazepam to sedate an elephant in his system. Rom was defenceless.

To further add, those not familiar, Jane Rimmers workplace was Government Road adjacent the cemetery , and alleged abduction location on Stirling Hwy at junction Loch st.

Do note also the rape victim attack in this vicinity.

Was Rom a victim missed by the coronial inquest as a suicide? A man was seen in a dark jacket. Oh wait, a Telstra rain jacket? What jacket did Telstra techs where? The same jacket described by Silent Witness.

What was Mr Edwards psychiatric history? He had allegedly been to psychiatric assistance post Hollywood Hospital assault, ironically where the Karrakatta rape victim ran to naked.

Here is Government Road, adjacent Karrakatta Cemetery where a van was seen.
Government Rd

Last edited:
Missed this from the 15 June 2022 - good old Daily Mail (trying to link MM as being BRE "known" to JR):

I haven't the source on me. Maybe it was television media, but Jane made claim she was going to hook up with her new boyfriend named Bogsy. Police must have heard this name but it was dismissed? It certainly wasnt made public pre charges.
This came out around the trial.

Last edited:
Krikke's left the Claremont Speedway in the same month Ciara disappeared. Their car went off the road just outside of Bunbury. They were race car drivers used to high speed driving. Given Cutler had an attempt run her off the road, had Krikke suffered similar fate from Claremont Speedway?

The Claremont convicted had a Landcruiser with Bunbury plates and a Krikke sticker on the back window. Was the Landcruiser a trophy of a compulsive killer? In plain sight?

John Lang recalls; I can go back to the origins of the tragedy. It was a 360 night at Claremont. The 95 car had been fitted with an open engine for the first time and the car was brought up from Bunbury to give it a run. It was given several runs during the night. A request was made to allow Darryl to start off the rear of the 360 feature.

Bunbury Speedway general manager Andrew Roberts said the crosses had been removed about 12 months ago but had been replaced before the Krikke Boys Shootout in March krikke.jpg

Last edited:
April 17 2023
''In this golden age of true crime Seven’s two-part series The Claremont Murders should have killed it.

After all, the case on which it’s based has all the ingredients drawing millions to the genre in all its iterations.

The victims were three bright young women from one of Perth’s most exclusive suburbs; the case’s ground zero was a club frequented by the cool, moneyed crowd; the killer had enough kinks to keep a cabal of shrinks busy for months; and the cutting-edge forensics that were used to trace and charge Bradley Edwards has the wow factor that consumes an audience intoxicated by the mix of technology and terror.''

Last night in Perth on Ch70 Crime Investigators Australia - The Claremont Killer was aired. I cannot find it on catch up yet to post the link.

Tim Clarke featured as did Alison Fan - far more accurate doco to watch than the Ch7 two park Monday night shows.

I'm unsure why Ch7 aired the 3 programs so close together (3 programs in 8 days!) - one 2 part so inaccurate and 1 doco accurate.

Here is a link with Tim Clarke speaking about the Claremont murders from You Tube: (unsure if a link has been posted before)

dennis.jpg

Denis Glennon knows all about the crippling grief of losing a child.

He has been dealing with it for more than 25 years after his daughter Ciara, was murdered by the Claremont serial killer.
Now, he's written a book about it which he hopes will help others.

You can listen to a 18 minute interview here where he discusses the book he was looking for when Ciara died.

Finally at peace, Denis Glennon's 26 years of navigating grief - ABC Perth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back