Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kimono was linked to a murder in victoria park, does that mean we could be seeing more charges in the future regarding other potential crimes he did? I'm interested to see where this goes.

Which way would you drive from Claremont to Huntingdale in the 90's?

Which way would you drive from Claremont to Huntingdale in the 90's?
I was born in 91, so i have absolutely zero memory of the infrastructure of Perth back then. I'm guessing Albany highway would've been the main route?

It was strange when the Police denied the 'imminent arrest' rumours a couple of years ago. I remember reading comments from people on social media saying things like "What arrest? - We hadn't heard anything, until the Police told us!"

Seems odd to me that be (doesn't deserve capital letters in my book) never ran overseas. Assuming he's guilty of course. Perhaps thought he'd never be caught?

Also have been wondering if someone who's worked with these types before can provide some insight.... is a 'person' like this capable of feeling any remorse for what they've put the families of the victims through? Do they *ever* have a day/moment where they feel awful? I feel sick in the guts when I think of poor old Don Spiers wading through a swamp in the middle of the night looking for his daughter. It'd make anyone cry if they actually stopped and thought carefully about that. Do these guys ever have moments of clarity/humanity?

This is getting curious-er and curious-er!? Good research work there Klutch! Perhaps I'm not following the "storyline", but I agree with you about the "link". Reading all these posts my head starts to spin with all the theories and sidetracks we've had over the years. And we, well I do anyway, start to "remember" stuff that wasn't even on here, or sometimes that was on here, but the exact opposite of what I'm so sure I read!! Think we are very far down the "rabbit hole" now! :)

This has been discussed and ruled out over the past two threads. At the time they hadn't caught the person responsible for the murder and thought the crimes could have been linked. They weren't. The other murderer has been convicted.

If the kimono was linked to a murder in victoria park, does that mean we could be seeing more charges in the future regarding other potential crimes he did? I'm interested to see where this goes.
This has been talked about many times already. There is absolutely no link between the kimono and Victoria Park murder. Police in 1988 were simply speculating there was a link as the crimes happened in the same area. The person who did the murder was subsequently caught and is behind bars.

Hoping to hear more from 3blindmice. That girl was last seen on 8th October 1999, which was a Friday.
Did you guys work every day while in Kal? If not, did you all have the same days off or was there a roster?
Did BE never join you for after work drinks or was that out of character?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did threeblindmice post this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You could well be correct. I recall reading in another online non govt missing and murdered person site early last year a 17yo guy from Canberra wrote saying detectives from macro had visited to obtain his dna. He wrote his uncle lived in WA.

Could well be that one of the postnewspaper articles of 2015 referring to DNA evidence links and vehicle etc had prompted another survived victim or victims or former workmates to make contact with WAPOL and identify BE.

Does anyone know line of employment of french ex wife ?

I don't think they got DNA from a relative like this as it would certainly get back to him and spook him and I don't think the WAPOL would want that....I'm sure he was already a suspect from 1988 and they just made the connection this way...work, vehicles owned, where he was living and with whom and just built up a profile/case this way....

This has been talked about many times already. There is absolutely no link between the kimono and Victoria Park murder. Police in 1988 were simply speculating there was a link as the crimes happened in the same area. The person who did the murder was subsequently caught and is behind bars.
Thanks for the clear up, i did a search beforehand but wasn't able to find anything sorry.

In the 1988 newspaper report it was surmized by the journo that the kimono involved in huntingdale attempted rape was linked to the murder in victoria Park. There is NO mention in the 1988 article that the kimono was the murder victims or that it was linked to victoria park location. The journo did leave a small detail that may be relevant now. That being there were quite a few sexual assaults in Huntingdale around the time of the feb 1988 attack.

Thanks PT for your infinite patience and clear explanation. "Quite a few" sexual assaults in Huntingdale around that time?? One shudders to think of how "active" BE has been, but as we keep being reminded, innocent until proven guilty. The women's clothing link and the silk aspect of the garment that was dropped and now linked to BE interests me. I have a friend who has a son with Autism and she has found silk garments and the feel of this fabric actually calms him down, could BE possible be the opposite and silk and feeling it before/during/after actually excites him sexually? From an early childhood memory perhaps? First time he got turned on from feeling silken underwear, mother's perhaps? Just a thought, have no training in such matters of the mind, but peeking in like Psyche did is fascinating!

Just on the speculation of how the police obtained the familial DNA that seems to have brought down bre, do we know that it was obtained from his brother or is this just speculation at this stage? Was reading about the BTK killer... They got a sample of his familial DNA from his daughters pap smear.

If BRE was to plead not guilty to the 1997 murder of CG,
I can envisage that one of his line's of defence will be to refer to The Post Newspaper article 2001/09/01 "We know the Claremont Killer" posted in this forum about 6 months ago
https://www.dropbox.com/s/14fibheszgqgtl2/We know the Claremont killer.pdf?dl=0 (I've copied parts of this article below)

With Frank Silas and friends (if still alive) to be called as witnesses.
With the ex-workmate (+female partner) that Frank Silas reported to police, and that the Police reportedly, and belatedly investigated, to be drawn into the case.

Mr Silas said the casual employee had tried to conceal scratches on his face when the two came face to face in the factory kitchen on the morning of the Tuesday after Ms Glennon's disappearance.
The man had been evasive about how he had received the scratches, finally saying his dogs had jumped up on him.
Mr Silas said this week he believed the scratches had been made by a person, because each scratch was about5mm wide and they were spaced like human fingers.
He said he had called another supervisor, now aged 31, who sneaked a look at the scratches.
Mr Silas said the casual employee man had frequently claimed to be famous, and some days after Ms Glennon was found the man had said he was "more famous than Christopher Skase".

Mr Silas had become frustrated at what he saw as lack of police action, and turned detective himself. He'd made excuses to call at the former casual employee's home and to check out his van.
He said that once he had seen what appeared to be a pattern of blood spots on the inside roof of the van; they had gone brown after being treated with an organic cleaner.
The man had once unbolted the front seat of the van and said he was looking for an earring. His girlfriend did not wear earrings.
She began wearing a claddagh ring, but did not know what it was.
Ciara Glennon had been wearing a claddagh brooch when she disappeared. It has not been found.

Mr Silas and his workmates said the man had missed work the Monday after Ms Glennon's weekend disappearance.

He said detectives had not interviewed the man until eight months after Mr Silas' first call

The men, who say they represent a group called Citizens for the Apprehension of the Real Killer (CARK) called thepress conference because they say their suspicions had not been fully investigated by Police

Letters from the police show Mr Silas's information has been dealt with.

The apparent lack of media referral to anything to do with Frank Silas, the CARK or this 2001 article, raises questions about the potential for a massive coverup of something about this case, and will do nothing to allay any suspicions or rumours of BRE potentially being falsely accused of some of the charges that have already been laid.

Apparently, Debbie Marshall's book "The Devils Garden" refers to Frank Silas and CARK on p192 (I'll report back on what Devil's Garden says about this after I get around to purchasing it).

Assuming the reports are bona fide, it appears that there was a suspect with no Alibi, that was not followed up on until after the physical remnants of a potential fight with CG on the night of her disappearance would have long gone.

Wonder whether Silas or other members of CARK are still alive, and if not, what happened to them before or after this 2001 article?

Any theories on why any of the CARK reported story might not be true and why?

Anyone know any more about CARK and it's members?

I would say most direct route would have been: Stirling Hwy over Mounts Bay, Riverside maybe onto Causeway, Shepperton (past a certain Cafe that is now red) and onto Albany Hwy, then over to Nicholson Road, Garden Street, Harpenden Street and onto whichever house he was living in at the time.

Might have gone via Freeway to down to say, Manning or South Street and up that way, but less to "look at" that way I think.

attachment.php

KK was 17. Officially, what age would a victim be in WA, before a perp is described as a ped?

13 and under pedophile rapist, over 13 and under 16 (i.e. 14 or 15 unable to give consent so even with consent rape

I do not believe that VG being BE stepdaughter was actually living fulltime at Acton St BE property at time of his arrest. Her FB page detailed a current employment position in Geraldton region. Given arrest of BE occurring within a couple of days of Christmas more likely she was visiting.

shes not working in Geraldton there nothing on FB that suggests that
I suggest she was just staying over at a friends and arriving home early in the morning
She states that she loves her dad so maybe she just wanted to stay living with him, maybe she had a better relationship with BE than her mum

Just had an interesting message from a friend on Facebook (also from the Gosnells area):

My friend xxxxxxx is just saying she used to ride her horse out on gay street through the bush and she got spooked by a guy and he had a shovel and she remembers it really well. She came screaming home telling her mum. I told her to call macro or crime stoppers the timing is right too. She is my neighbour from xxxxxxxxx. Holy ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member