Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you suggest a reasonable reason as to why BRE was not charged until after the DNA results had come back from his formal DNA test. According to multiple sources indeed WAPOL indicated initially a man had been taken into custody regarding the Macro case but had not been charged.

Can you explain to me why they would not charge him immediately unless they had DNA evidence to check his DNA against?
Then bang 12 hours later he is charged. What happened in that 12 hours?

Probably he was charged after DNA testing.
Look forwards to the Police, prosecution or defence team's verifying this fact.
I've no issue with speculation and discussion on the basis of this.

So....I know we've been thru all this but it seems that, with lack of any new info, we're all just getting on each other's nerves.

So...can someone patiently rehash the following....

A) what we know about telstra guy pretty arrest

B) explain the bail process so far. Was he able to apply for bail and, if so, did he refuse to apply.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

This is from NewsCorp, if this is not correct I fully hope BRE takes NewsCorp to court immediately, he can use some of the money he wins to defend himself in court.

I'd much prefer the Police made the statements themselves, preferably in writing ,so that there is no ambiguity, and less mis-spoken and poorly communicated statements, rather than approved "leaking" to the media, or using the media as though they are a supplier of Police communications.

I am aware of this, Thanks. What I was trying to outline was, not all clothes stolen from a clothes line would be because the person is a pervert. So the people posting their concern, that this happened to them should not be too worried because there could be another explanation. I know in the 70/80s it was rife with wards and snow dropping was the term they used.
just a note: if anyone lost a fluffy pink, champagne or beige coloured garment around that time in nedlands...don't panic - it was probably my fluffy pink cat (brandy) who used to arrive home every night with one in tow.

Personally, I would rather see innocent victims of false convictions freed, and criminals who got away with murder, convicted, even if it means the taxpayers have to fund massive compensation payouts, and legal and police professional reputations at ruined, and any uncovered along the way corrupt or criminal behaviour, is harshly dealt with as a both a punishment and a deterrent.
I think you will find 99% if not 100% of people on here agree with that.
This place is all about the truth. Truth based on facts.Facts based on evidence.
At the moment the evidence provided by WAPOL through the media is compelling IMO, hence the arrest, now a jury of BRE's peers will decide his guilt or innocence, simple as that, we can think whatever we like but we haven't seen all the evidence.

I'd much prefer the Police made the statements themselves, preferably in writing ,so that there is no ambiguity, and less mis-spoken and poorly communicated statements, rather than approved "leaking" to the media, or using the media as though they are a supplier of Police communications.
WAPOL and many of their past actions leave a lot to be desired, of that there can be no question. Having said that I believe their intent is to do the right thing by the WA community they are sworn to protect.

Considering the idiotic statements they made about Lloyd R I would suspect it is now policy to only read prepared statements in high profile cases and leave communication to a minimum. Having a situation where someone can not be judged by their peers is a real miscarriage of justice in my opinion.

BRE will be judged by the 12 people of Western Australia based upon the evidence, these people do not want an innocent man in prison. They also will not allow a guilty man to go free.

I know it seems ridiculous but is there any way that the public can request the trial (if it goes ahead) can be televised. So many people are owed it

If it's a familial link it could be his parents, kid? Or sister. What do we know about the sister.

I'd also love to know how he met is wives. Would be a head spin if it was from a club or pub.

Maybe he is innocent. I'd love to hear anyone who's batting in his court because if he is innocent then he really needs them to have his back right now.

I'd love to hear anyone who's batting in his court because if he is innocent then he really needs them to have his back right now.

You won't have to look too far, lots of accounts on here in the past two days.

Would love to hear more from them, how have cops bungled DNA?
Does BRE have an alibi?

I once saw him loitering in the Cottelsoe Beach car park sometime in 1986 or 1987 and thought nothing of it time at the time. He was the ABC TV evening newsreader as I recall. He was chatting to a young female beach goer.

But then it hit the news and I put two and two together.

His current ABN registered postcode is 6010 - Claremont.

Hi, How can I find out more about this case?

Considering BE only has one friend left on FB one would assume he doesn't have many friends that believe he is innocent.
Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he is innocent. I'd love to hear anyone who's batting in his court because if he is innocent then he really needs them to have his back right now.

I think a lot of us are not in or out of his court. Just want a fair trial and hope justice is done. There's a lot of sleuthing going on but this doesn't necessarily mean people are against him. He's been charged so people are trying to find if there's any evidence.

I agree 100% about the DNA & evidence etc, but don't you think it would have been smarter for members on here to converse with TAETAE rather than berating them? What if it was actually BE's brother?

The post was removed pretty quick, don't know if by mod or user, so no chance to respond

After modsnip the post sort of lost it's context. hence the deletion.

An extraordinary number of posts have been removed tonight.

New members need to familiarize themselves with The Rules, and veteran members need to refresh their memories.

We don't discuss other members, not to mention in a derogatory fashion, and as if they don't even exist or read here.

We don't out other members as to their identity.

We don't continue to discuss posts that have been removed by Mods, and we don't discuss moderation on the board. This includes the discussion of posts that have been removed.

Continuing to disregard Websleuths rules after warnings will result in temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

:wave:

Very Keen to see any / all of those you tube videos.....I am intrigued

- did BRE upload
- Did a family member upload
- Did someone with knowledge other than BRE upload
- Was it uploaded by a "partner in crime" as a warning
- Was it a deliberate upload by WAPOL
- Was it uploaded by a yet to named suspect (i.e not BRE)
- Was it uploaded by just a troll

Intriguing.

Another option is that the vid was made by BE and uploaded by someone else, for example:
"Hey gamer buddy"
"YEAH BOGSY?"
"Do you have a youtube account?"
"YEAH, WHY?"
"Any chance if I send you a video you could upload it for me?"
"Yeah Sure"

There are a bunch of options that would allow the video creator to not physically upload it themselves, also using a VPN combined with the TOR client could easily mask the identity of the uploader to the point not even police could trace it. BE had an above average knowledge of computers so it would be well within the realm of his experience level.

Does anyone know the approx time macro take to get back to you if youve contacted crimestoppers with info?

Does anyone know the approx time macro take to get back to you if youve contacted crimestoppers with info?

You and your info will be put into the database and will be contacted if it looks like going to trial and your information is relevant to the prosecution.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads