Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Crazy. This is from 00:04:19 (from the time-stamp within the CCTV) :

attachment.php

I posted about the vehicle driving past Jane as she was looking at her watch in a very very early thread and I believe I also posted about this vehicle. I am thinking the car driving past Jane as she checks her watch might be a ute ? My reason is the large dark square between passenger compartment and end of vehicle looks really flat to me that 's why I think ute. the vehicle pulling up on west side of Bayview Tce could well be the vehicle that Jane had entered. can anyone of our sleuths work on enhancing this image

I think you will find that at the time Huntingdale was approx 35-40km trip from Claremont.

Tonkin hwy ended at Albany hwy back then so this could be a good dump spot for SS. It fits with the dumping MO of being near the end of major arterial road, approx 40km from Claremont and It's a matter of minutes from the accused's home via corfield st/southern river road.

Finding anything 20 years on? chances are slim IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too well trodden IMO, when he could just go up to the end of the nearby Mills Rd, when it turns into a gravel Rd going through a state forest backing onto Victoria Dam catchment until it comes out at Canning Rd Karragullen. All Bush and no Bush walkers to discover the dump site. Much more plausible.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I posted about the vehicle driving past Jane as she was looking at her watch in a very very early thread and I believe I also posted about this vehicle. I am thinking the car driving past Jane as she checks her watch might be a ute ? My reason is the large dark square between passenger compartment and end of vehicle looks really flat to me that 's why I think ute. the vehicle pulling up on west side of Bayview Tce could well be the vehicle that Jane had entered. can anyone of our sleuths work on enhancing this image
Let's see the cctv again and check to see it go past ?

Too well trodden IMO, when he could just go up to the end of the nearby Mills Rd, when it turns into a gravel Rd going through a state forest backing onto Victoria Dam catchment until it comes out at Canning Rd Karragullen. All Bush and no Bush walkers to discover the dump site. Much more plausible.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Very true, however it's pretty swampy and her remains may not have lasted long in the heat and with animal interference . Along with all the development in the area and the Tonkin extension it would be pretty easy to have been built over.

It really is a needle in a hay stack. I frequent the Mandurah area and only last week was thinking the amount of bush between where the freeway finished at the time all the way to Madora bay there is so much land and bush.

I do know in regards to Madora Bay property the police were parked in the street watching the house at least the day prior to Kewdale arrest. I hope they were watching his home more discreetly because 4 people sitting in a commodore all day in 30+ degree heat of summer stands out a tad.

As for the skip bin at Kewdale, there was a number of cars/Utes and people at the property last Saturday (7/1) having a big clean out and moving furniture.

BTW Ciara DID have blonde hair although it may have been highlights - the photo that was first published of her was a year old, just wanted to clear that up.
attachment.php
Excellent work .
after all these years too

This is the only car to be clearly seen on cctv . This has been previously looked at in the last week but not thoroughly .
37292ae765cce763b0032fbf1b1ed6c8.jpg
cctv m.m

reconsidering my post just made in which I wrote I considered this vehicle to be a ute. Could well be a 4 door sports with fold down roof.

I think you will find that at the time Huntingdale was approx 35-40km trip from Claremont.

Tonkin hwy ended at Albany hwy back then so this could be a good dump spot for SS. It fits with the dumping MO of being near the end of major arterial road, approx 40km from Claremont and It's a matter of minutes from the accused's home via corfield st/southern river road.

Finding anything 20 years on? chances are slim IMO.

Is there any archived old maps of the arterial roads from the 1980's and 1990's that we can pin to this thread?

I think that would be helpful for reference as Perth has significantly developed over the last decade and unless you are intimately acquainted with this city, it is difficult to grasp just how much the infrastructure and road networks have changed.

I'm about to head up through Gidgegannup and out Toodyay way for the day. I'm sure there are many dark secrets still hidden out in those labyrinths of forests BUT I'm not so sure that geographical area is the CSK's domain. He seems he was more acquainted with the coastal routes IMO.

There was some profiling by experts posted in a very early csk ws thread . It explained/profiled a typical pattern of killers and had evidence to suggest that the first victims maybe deposited further away from hes home than the later victims . I have noticed nobody of late has referred to those patterns of studied serial killers . If anyone knows where that report is can you pull it out please ? It just maybe worth a read

I and others have said it a few times in this forum, that the State Library has local papers on file from all over WA. It is a lot of leg work but if you are prepared to look there is a lot of info there.... Happy hunting!

I may do just that!

i am still trawling through online articles and I think it is fair to say that there was almost definitely more than one serial rapist operating in Perth at the time.

This is probably the most interesting article I have found that has references to several historic cold cases:

REFERENCE: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...s/news-story/537cee87d09a33f6bf9a6efce347a26f
[FONT=&amp]
QUOTE: "THE infamous Mosman Park nanny rape is one of 11 sex attacks being prioritised as part of a new forensic effort to crack WA’s most serious unsolved crimes.

The Physical Material Management Program was set up last year to improve the way detectives handle physical materials gathered from crime scenes.

As part of the program, cases dating back 30 years are being looked at afresh by officers using the most up-to-date forensic techniques. In addition to the 2010 Mosman Park case, officers are also investigating several other sex attacks from the early 1990s, which may be linked to a case in Victoria in 1984.
"

Sooo . . . is it perhaps the PMMP team that made the initial links with the CSK case?

[/FONT]
P.S. Who wants to have a crack at identifying the eleven sex attacks and one arson attack that WAPOL have prioritised as per this article?

Apparently the place where CG was found was near a track going to a beekeepers area. Can't remember where I read the info.

Actually the sandy track was a back entrance to a CALM sub-exchange. CALM stands for Conservation and Land Management. Someone can confirm CALM's new name - I think it is DEC (Dept. Environment and Conservation).

Source: Infrastructure maps

reconsidering my post just made in which I wrote I considered this vehicle to be a ute. Could well be a 4 door sports with fold down roof.

I agree with your first call - the black area is too large and extends too low to be a rear window. How about one of those Ford tradesman utes?

Actually the sandy track was a back entrance to a CALM sub-exchange. CALM stands for Conservation and Land Management. Someone can confirm CALM's new name - I think it is DEC (Dept. Environment and Conservation).

Source: Infrastructure maps
DPAW? Department of Parks and Wildlife I believe....

Actually back to vehicle being a 4 door hatch back type of sedan. Is that a spoiler on back of vehicle or one of those advertising signs that were all the go back then. attach pdf has marker to show location.

Attachments

• vehicle driving past Jane as she checks watch 00.04.02.pdf
    150.9 KB · Views: 53
Actually back to vehicle being a 4 door hatch back type of sedan. Is that a spoiler on back of vehicle or one of those advertising signs that were all the go back then. attach pdf has marker to show location.

To me, it looks like an early 90's Nissan Pintarra wagon/hatch. Hard to be confident when the vision is so warped.

P.P.S. Interesting to note that a diary was stolen in the 2010 Mosman Park rape case. It seems this is an innate trait of serial rapists. How many of these scumbags are out there?
[/URL]

Great article post isisaw . is that when the detectives caught bryhn & port kennedy guy , & bunbury guy ?
Maybe the 2 swanbourne train station rapes will be solved ?
What is the story with the southside rapist it wasnt certified yet if that was the uni soccer guy dyer or not?

There was some profiling by experts posted in a very early csk ws thread . It explained/profiled a typical pattern of killers and had evidence to suggest that the first victims maybe deposited further away from hes home than the later victims . I have noticed nobody of late has referred to those patterns of studied serial killers . If anyone knows where that report is can you pull it out please ? It just maybe worth a read

Not sure if this is the one you are after, for some reason I have it bookmarked to look at later (but haven't had chance yet)

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/c.../tandi346.html

Quote from article: "It has been suggested that victims are most likely spatially biased toward the serial killer's home centre. Serial killers in general target locations they know best, concentrating on potential victims within their immediate environments and surrounding areas (Brantingham & Brantingham 1981; Godwin & Canter 1997)."

When it comes to cars I am the last person to offer any input so this bit of sleuthing is up to you guys! while on the subject of vehicles how many KM's would a VS series commodore get on a tank of gas roughly?

I believe that Wapol would have investigated all car scenarios thoroughly right from the start. They were right there outside the conti. I think,It's far too obvious for them not to have. There were so many people outside the hotel at all times, one person could have provided a description of the cars and the drivers. These car drivers were probabley tracked down and interviewed and cleared as P.O.I's.
Alternatively one of these drivers could have been part of the ongoing investigations to date but, in my opinion, highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74