Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
MURDER VICTIMS NOT BLITZ ATTACKS

"Task force head, Acting Detective Superintendent Paul Ferguson, said the lack of any evidence of a struggle by the victims suggested a person with authority might be responsible: a taxi driver, security guard or even a policeman."

3rd April 1997
http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=news970403_0004_5852

Blitz or No Blitz?

Pretty hard to see evidence of a struggle when the crime scene is totally unknown IMO...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Don Spiers hassled by nearly 400 PSYCHICS

"Desperation can force people to consider options they would never entertain in more stable times." It's something Don Spiers knows all too well. Since his daughter, Sarah, disappeared in 1996 - a suspected victim of Perth's
Claremont serial killer - he has been "hounded" by up to 400 psychics and clairvoyants offering cryptic clues to her whereabouts. "They had my emotions on a roller-coaster," Spiers told The West Australian in 2008. "You'd be full of hope ... and there'd be nothing."

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=SMH1012301E68T5SFV92

That's a lot of phonecalls!

FORENSIC SCIENCE OF MAGGOTS

"Dr Dadour, 53, whose lectures have titles such as "101 Uses for a Maggot", says Australia has about 360 homicides a year and 20 per cent of the corpses are found with insect material on them.He has worked on hundreds of cases, including the Claremont serial killer investigation in which three young women were abducted and killed between 1996 and 1997 from the Perth suburb of Claremont."

http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=SAG100905QP6GH1KTK2P

Place of 'abduction point' i would assume.

In my understanding there is usually more than one crime scene:

For Murders for example:
1. abduction site
2. kill site
3. d-site
4. disposal site of weapons, vehicles, or other objects used in crime
5. home, workplace etc of offender
6. holding site for trophies etc
and probably more depending on each individual case.

SEXUALLY MOTIVATED CRIMES

3rd December 2004

She said the killer was highly organised and methodical.

Joel Kohout has given a chilling assessment of what motivated the killer.

JOEL KOHOUT: I think the conclusion we came to, that these are sexually motivated crimes. Has a lot to do with offenders when they're very angry they feel powerless and killing gives them a sense of control and a sense of huge power.

BBM

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2004/s1257731.htm

Wouldn't evidence of a struggle like DNA in skin of the offender found under the victims fingernails be also found at the d-site?

True, but I think 'apop' was more referring to whether the the victims were 'blitzed' ( if that's a word..?) or the girls willingly went with the perp. Without knowing the exact point the girls encountered the perp. we cannot determine whether there was a struggle at that particular moment.

I hope this makes sense- can be hard typing on a small keyboard on a phone, and

Please correct me if I'm wrong 'apop'.

Just my opinion

True, but I think 'apop' was more referring to whether the the victims were 'blitzed' ( if that's a word..?) or the girls willingly went with the perp. Without knowing the exact point the girls encountered the perp. we cannot determine whether there was a struggle at that particular moment.

I hope this makes sense- can be hard typing on a small keyboard on a phone, and

Please correct me if I'm wrong 'apop'.

Just my opinion
Thanks Hilo. Busy day, so couldn't explain myself. Well said ☺

No name,

Are you able to provide the forum with any suggestions, on how to better sleuth?

If there's a problem we need to find a solution!
Personally I would like to see more facts, more quality posts and less personal opinions - also backed up by links.

Effectively quality, not quantity - and pertinent to case.

For me this is the correct way to sleuth. I don't mean to offend CV however I really do not want to hear about you going out for MacDonalds. You can keep this type of info to PM's.

This is quite a serious subject that we are sleuthing - the brutal death of 2 young women and the cruel disappearance of SS - for me no place for inconsequential and irrelevant comments.

Long time reader (years online then signed up to the forum on Tapatalk a little while back) and first time poster.

I thought I'd share an experience I had when I was younger when I was attacked in an alley way in Heathridge close to my house. You can use Google maps to get an idea of what I'm talking about if you wish.

Early in 1993 (past March because it was already dark past 7pm), I walked out of my house on Ellendale Drive and entered a cauldersac called Crawley Grove. Between Crawley Grove and Fairlawn Gardens, there used to be an alley way (alley #1). Coming off Fairlawn Gardens, there was another alley way that led to Conidae Drive (alley #2). I believe that one is still there. The other one is not; I think they extended the fence lines of the properties either side.

As I walked down the alley #1, towards the end, I passed a guy with dark hair, taller than me, wearing a dark coloured tracksuit with dress shoes and carrying a briefcase type bag. That caught my attention because who the hell wears a tracksuit with dress shoes and carries a brief case? It was enough for 17yo me to turn around to look but he was gone. I believe that he came from Edgewater train station (had not been open long) but I can't confirm that as fact.

I entered alley #2 and when I got to the end, looked towards Day Place where a friend lived. It looked like no one was there so I turned around and headed back. Just over halfway down, the guy in the tracksuit was walking towards me. As I went to walk past, he bumped me with his shoulder quite hard and as I was spun off balance, he pulled my feet out from underneath me and I was taken to ground. Initially, I panicked and froze. He laying on top of me and I was pinned. I was only 45kg and he outweighed me. He moved his hand to the front of my pants and tried to get them down. He did have his hand in my pants at one point. I think what saved me was the drawstring was tied so tight, he wouldn't have been able to get them off easily. That and the fact that I then screamed like a motherf****r. I screamed for all I was worth. He then said in my ear "ok then" and got up and ran towards Conidae Drive. I went to the nearest house and had them call the Police.

The next day my dad took me to East Perth police station where I sat with a sketch artist and did the face composite thing. I then found out that this guy had attacked a girl in Kallaroo a few weeks before and our identikit pictures were almost identical. I was taken to the alley in the daylight too and you could clearly see where I hit the dirt off the concrete as my shoes had left big gouge marks in the sand.

I fell to pieces after that. Didn't want to go to school. Failed at English Lit. Developed this phobia of people touching my sides (just near my arm pits) that I still have today. I always wondered what was in that briefcase. Weapons? Rape kit? If I didn't scream, what would have happened to me? Would I have been seriously hurt? Killed even? Why was he wearing that tracksuit if he was carrying a briefcase? It was extremely obvious that I was attacked opportunistically but very intentionally because why turn back around and come after me?

I'm not saying this guy was BE. I'm not saying it wasn't. They're not that dissimilar in appearance anyway from memory. I wouldn't look at him now and say yeah that was the guy because I don't know. Even though I'm sketchy on the face details over time, I will not forget the dark hair, the clothes, the shoes, that briefcase and the sound of his voice.

He was never caught. I guess my point is that there was more than one lunatic on the loose terrorising girls in the 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for sharing this horrid story with us theREALjLo, very brave of you and appreciated!

The combination of tracksuit with dress shoes and briefcase is a key clue I think.

Perhaps he changed out of his work clothes to conduct his attack with the intention of changing back into his original clothing afterwards. So his work clothing would not get torn, dirty etc.

Therefore perhaps commuted in work clothes, briefcase and dress shoes from Edgewater train station on a daily basis and lived near area - just a thought.

Thank you for sharing this horrid story with us theREALjLo, very brave of you and appreciated!

The combination of tracksuit with dress shoes and briefcase is a key clue I think.

Perhaps he changed out of his work clothes to conduct his attack with the intention of changing back into his original clothing afterwards. So his work clothing would not get torn, dirty etc.

Therefore perhaps commuted in work clothes, briefcase and dress shoes from Edgewater train station on a daily basis and lived near area - just a thought.

Individuals suffering mental illness or homelessness sometimes show strange clothing choices like wearing a tracksuit with dress shoes.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

It does seem at times that the CSK thread is morphing into more of a 'chat' thread.

I think this is largely due to a lack of new information on the case. People are super keen to discuss the case, but with no new evidence to work with, it's getting more challenging to come up with original, credible theories.

I suspect that once new information comes to light (and it will in time) that things will 'return to normal'.

As a Melbournian, I'm kind of surprised that more Perth locals haven't turned up on this thread. There must be a stack of folk who went to school with BRE, worked with him, played footy with him, worked at LA with him etc, but for some reason we're not hearing from them.

Hi Spinnaker - the post from the REALjLo is certainly horrific. What an awful thing to happen. It does sound like he changed from business clothes to track suit. Very weird. Surely he realised how strange that would look. The thing that really frightened me was how he bumped into her to make her unstable and then pulled her feet out from underneath her causing her to land on the ground. That is just so scary. I have never heard of that before. Attackers must have different tactics for blitz attacks. Who would even imagine someone would do that - you could never be prepared to fight back. IMO

It does seem at times that the CSK thread is morphing into more of a 'chat' thread.

I think this is largely due to a lack of new information on the case. People are super keen to discuss the case, but with no new evidence to work with, it's getting more challenging to come up with original, credible theories.

I suspect that once new information comes to light (and it will in time) that things will 'return to normal'.

As a Melbournian, I'm kind of surprised that more Perth locals haven't turned up on this thread. There must be a stack of folk who went to school with BRE, worked with him, played footy with him, worked at LA with him etc, but for some reason we're not hearing from them.

Very sensible post! Thanks

Also re: people knowing the accused and not posting on WS - maybe they are still recovering from the shock of the announcement??

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Long time reader (years online then signed up to the forum on Tapatalk a little while back) and first time poster.

I thought I'd share an experience I had when I was younger when I was attacked in an alley way in Heathridge close to my house. You can use Google maps to get an idea of what I'm talking about if you wish.

Early in 1993 (past March because it was already dark past 7pm), I walked out of my house on Ellendale Drive and entered a cauldersac called Crawley Grove. Between Crawley Grove and Fairlawn Gardens, there used to be an alley way (alley #1). Coming off Fairlawn Gardens, there was another alley way that led to Conidae Drive (alley #2). I believe that one is still there. The other one is not; I think they extended the fence lines of the properties either side.

As I walked down the alley #1, towards the end, I passed a guy with dark hair, taller than me, wearing a dark coloured tracksuit with dress shoes and carrying a briefcase type bag. That caught my attention because who the hell wears a tracksuit with dress shoes and carries a brief case? It was enough for 17yo me to turn around to look but he was gone. I believe that he came from Edgewater train station (had not been open long) but I can't confirm that as fact.

I entered alley #2 and when I got to the end, looked towards Day Place where a friend lived. It looked like no one was there so I turned around and headed back. Just over halfway down, the guy in the tracksuit was walking towards me. As I went to walk past, he bumped me with his shoulder quite hard and as I was spun off balance, he pulled my feet out from underneath me and I was taken to ground. Initially, I panicked and froze. He laying on top of me and I was pinned. I was only 45kg and he outweighed me. He moved his hand to the front of my pants and tried to get them down. He did have his hand in my pants at one point. I think what saved me was the drawstring was tied so tight, he wouldn't have been able to get them off easily. That and the fact that I then screamed like a motherf****r. I screamed for all I was worth. He then said in my ear "ok then" and got up and ran towards Conidae Drive. I went to the nearest house and had them call the Police.

The next day my dad took me to East Perth police station where I sat with a sketch artist and did the face composite thing. I then found out that this guy had attacked a girl in Kallaroo a few weeks before and our identikit pictures were almost identical. I was taken to the alley in the daylight too and you could clearly see where I hit the dirt off the concrete as my shoes had left big gouge marks in the sand.

I fell to pieces after that. Didn't want to go to school. Failed at English Lit. Developed this phobia of people touching my sides (just near my arm pits) that I still have today. I always wondered what was in that briefcase. Weapons? Rape kit? If I didn't scream, what would have happened to me? Would I have been seriously hurt? Killed even? Why was he wearing that tracksuit if he was carrying a briefcase? It was extremely obvious that I was attacked opportunistically but very intentionally because why turn back around and come after me?

I'm not saying this guy was BE. I'm not saying it wasn't. They're not that dissimilar in appearance anyway from memory. I wouldn't look at him now and say yeah that was the guy because I don't know. Even though I'm sketchy on the face details over time, I will not forget the dark hair, the clothes, the shoes, that briefcase and the sound of his voice.

He was never caught. I guess my point is that there was more than one lunatic on the loose terrorising girls in the 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theREALjLo,

Many thanks for sharing your story it must have been a terrible ordeal. Mark Dixie has similar characteristics to BRE. Dixie was originally from the UK but was in WA between 1993 and 1999. Presumably he would have possessed a strong English accent. The links below contain images of Dixie. I’m not suggesting Dixie was responsible for this particular crime.

Dixie is 192cms (6ft 3”) born Sept 1970
BRE is 188cms (6ft 2”) born Dec 1968

http://www.news.com.au
http://www.theage.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics