Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember that being there either at SS or JR's disappearance. I thought there was a taxi rank on Guigeri St on that side of the Conti, when Jane disappeared, but maybe they had to go to the phone box on Stirling Road?

However many things cops have said about what happened with Jane's friends I don't think makes sense and I'll be looking forward to seeing who they have on that witness list.

Yes, I agree. There is a lot of stuff floating around about the JR disappearance that is in inconsistent. I'm very interested to see what evidence the police are going to rely on and who they call and to compare this to what has been presented to us.

Thanks for the info on the taxi rank. Much appreciated. I wonder if a rank on Guijeri St is what Jane was looking at in the footage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm owning my whacko theory. The line going west from Cott (Julie Cutler) to East (Sarah Spiers?) through corner of Bayview Tce and St Q Ave matched three or four other "clues" left on different blogs.

On the exact spot there was an area that had previously been dug, had broken long neck Swan Gold beer bottles just buried underneath surface, pieces of what we thought were black plastic but turned out to be black leaves (from surface but had been buried) and you could stick a wooden stick easily into earth about three foot. Only had a folding camp shovel with us and didn't go further than one foot. Maybe co-incidence?

Are you saying you think you were the first person on WS who thought of and posted about the line theory???

I can't recall the exact locations of the Claremont taxi ranks back then. But I do recall it was useless standing at a taxi rank in Claremont in 90's. There weren't enough taxi's around, so taxis didn't line up for patrons, patrons would line up for taxis. i.e. at taxi ranks you would always see people lining up but NO taxis lining up.

Plus standing at an empty rank and purely waiting without making a telephone call for a taxi was futile. So if you didn't have a brick mobile phone, you were stuffed.

So I'm guessing that's why SS used the public phone box in Stirling Road.

Much later after the abductions, CBV and Conti installed a Swan Taxis direct call phone into their premises that anyone could use to call a taxi without needing coins or money for the phone call.

Also Perth people knew taxi ranks were hopeless, so they would often start their walk home and hope to catch one along a highway by purely waving down the taxi - just like CG was doing.

Thank you very much for the specific information on taxi availability in Claremont. Everything you are saying makes sense, and tallies with my experience from when I was that age. However, I was in a different state so not always consistent.

Yes that’s the one, thanks for finding, my mind went blank on names.

No worries. One of the most bizarre tales I've ever read!

My guess is the daughter was an adult by the time CGE left BRE, so CGE probably couldn't make her daughter leave. And if CGE made a big fuss about herself or her daughter leaving, then I'm guessing they would've been putting themselves in danger.

Also, IMO, BRE, if he is the alleged CSK, there's NO way he'd murder/hurt his own step-daughter, because if something bad happened to VRG (or CGE), then cops would instantly suspect a family member, namely BRE. Then cops could get his DNA and hypothetically match with alleged CSK crimes.

IMO VRG was totally safe.

Perhaps. Still think I'd be concerned if I was CGE. Interesting to see what transpires.

I've been following this case for a long time, but only recently on this forum. Did anyone see VRG or BRE's facebook account (both now deleted) the day of the arrest?

With regard to SS walking to the phone box on Cnr Stirling Rd and Stirling Hwy. Someone mentioned in the past, there were phone boxes at the post office - opposite the hotel. But those phone booths were often not working.

We've mentioned in the past, that a techie is able to fix a telephone and disable one too.

Was she purposely lured to the phone box on Stirling Rd?

Don Spiers & Denis Glennon both at Court. Defence said they were ready for committal before the extra charge of SS. Prosecutor asked for more time - as have over one million pages of evidence. BRE was on videolink in prison greens. Adjourned until 25 July 2018.

Who could have predicted that outcome....... [emoji6]

[emoji23]

I know there was some suggestion about police perhaps using the SS charge to buy more time. I wonder if that's to put pressure on BRE. Being in limbo is hard.

Don Spiers & Denis Glennon both at Court. Defence said they were ready for committal before the extra charge of SS. Prosecutor asked for more time - as have over one million pages of evidence. BRE was on videolink in prison greens. Adjourned until 25 July 2018.

One million pages?! Cripes. Imaging wading through that to determine what's relevant and what isn't; imagine if most of that is used in a trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member