Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the evidence coming out in the Shirley Finn case it becomes clear why it's taken 40 years and some must be shaking in their boots as the juggernaut rolls on. Thank goodness for the likes of Robin Thoy who was put through hell but is still standing and prepared to bring out the truth. Finally the hard men of the past are fast running out of steam or indeed dead. The empty threat of Abe Saffron has even been resurrected like the ghost of Xmas past. Safron's son Alan wrote a book about his father and vowed to publish updates as the corrupt major players died.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-...t-witness-denies-accusing-neddy-smith/9247760

http://www.smh.com.au/national/saffrons-son-spills-beans-on-nielsen-killing-20080726-3ler.html

I think this thread is winding down till the real goss sprouts forth when BRE`s case starts. Where is SS BRE? Am I warm? Course.. Near JR? A neat article on Hakea Jail is in the weekend paper. I absolutely don't think you are in G7 Bradley..

PCS,

Somehow I don't think it's very wise sending BRE all your messages. Make sure you, yourself don't end up in prison too, BRE has a high IQ and will quickly work out who you are by your initials and he'll be after you. He probably prefers being called Brad too.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/cr...behind-bars-at-was-hakea-prison-ng-b88687425z

Interesting article about life in Hakea Prison. Sounds like the accused CSK would be in area 6 where prisoners are kept away from general prison population. Apparently, if they behave, prisoners are allowed to have PlayStations. I wonder if the accused has one or if he would not be allowed because he has maybe misbehaved while in there? I hope he is not allowed to take part in playing football and other sports. Hope he doesn’t get to use the gym. Although, apparently, prisoners are entitled to do these things in Hakea. They can do courses to educate themselves. Doesn’t seem to me that he should be given anything. His life should be a misery. But they are entitled these things. MOO

Thats a bit harsh Annalise, please dont forget he is still awaiting his day in court & yet to be proved guilty.
I will assume you've had no experience with the prison system either. The principle behind treatment of prisoners is written in that article.
“You don’t come to jail for punishment as such, the punishment is coming to jail ... and respect is a two-way street, we expect prisoners to be respectful to staff and we expect staff to be respectful to prisoners and generally we get it right most of the time.”
If after trial he is found guilty he will not be in Hakea, he'll be transferred to maximum security Casuarina which Im told is very different in both treatment of prisoners & attitude.

PCS,

Somehow I don't think it's very wise sending BRE all your messages. Make sure you, yourself don't end up in prison too, BRE has a high IQ and will quickly work out who you are by your initials and he'll be after you. He probably prefers being called Brad too.
Interesting CV. Can you elaborate on why you feel he could himself end up in jail? Call me naive, but Im not sure what charges you mean that would allow this to occur. If it were interfering with an investigation, surely anyone commenting could be accused of same.

Thats a bit harsh Annalise, please dont forget he is still awaiting his day in court & yet to be proved guilty.
I will assume you've had no experience with the prison system either. The principle behind treatment of prisoners is written in that article.
“You don’t come to jail for punishment as such, the punishment is coming to jail ... and respect is a two-way street, we expect prisoners to be respectful to staff and we expect staff to be respectful to prisoners and generally we get it right most of the time.”
If after trial he is found guilty he will not be in Hakea, he'll be transferred to maximum security Casuarina which Im told is very different in both treatment of prisoners & attitude.

no name - yes it was a bit harsh. People are innocent until proven guilty. I sound like one of those people who say “bring back flogging” or the death penalty. It would be so difficult to be around people who may have committed horrible crimes and treat them with respect and decency. The people who work in the prisons do a job that not many can do. Of course we can’t treat people like animals. I think I must be getting frustrated waiting for information and the trial to start😬 MOO

I understand your feelings & FWIW, I dont think anyone found guilty of multiple murders in these circumstances, will have, nor deserves to have, an easy life. Nor too am I adverse to a return of the good ole public flogging in certain situations tbh.

no name - yes it was a bit harsh. People are innocent until proven guilty. I sound like one of those people who say “bring back flogging” or the death penalty. It would be so difficult to be around people who may have committed horrible crimes and treat them with respect and decency. The people who work in the prisons do a job that not many can do. Of course we can’t treat people like animals. I think I must be getting frustrated waiting for information and the trial to start[emoji51] MOO
One day if we're all speaking Mandarin, after WW3, our grandkids would probably lament our old English system of jurisprudence. ;)

https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/magna-carta-muse-and-mentor/writ-of-habeas-corpus.htmlView attachment 127731magnacarta-closeup-1.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

I work in these prisons and while they can earn the right to play sport, buy items and watch tv; it is still hard time. Personally I don't ask why an inmate is there (ie. what he did or was arrested for) as I don't want it to change how I view someone. From what I've been told from inmates, Hakea is the worst - even compared to Casuarina.

CV & Met mentioned earlier that 50 samples were found on JR.

Extract from ‘Devil’s Garden’, (page 68 in Kindle) also mentions that that there were 50 samples recovered from JR:

4911a020de0bcbe48d3a530410e7af0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work in these prisons and while they can earn the right to play sport, buy items and watch tv; it is still hard time. Personally I don't ask why an inmate is there (ie. what he did or was arrested for) as I don't want it to change how I view someone. From what I've been told from inmates, Hakea is the worst - even compared to Casuarina.

Hi Halloweendee - what a hard job you do. If it wasn’t for people like you the prisons wouldn’t run properly. I appreciate what you do for society. I think your attitude of not asking prisoners what crimes they committed is a good way of coping. As you said knowing what they did could change your view of that person. MOO

Am I right in presuming you are not actually a Prison Officer as all Prison Officers have management plans for their specific allotment of prisoners. These management plans include the crime and the sentence so the Prison Officers by default of rotation can't help but know why a prisoner is inside. Also there is a risk assessment of all prisoners for violence, self harm etc. It is essential that Prison officers know as much as is necessary about prisoners for the safe running of the prisons. Prisoners in Hakea are in transit either on remand waiting for bail or trial, or if found guilty waiting for classification and permanent placement in another prison.

Am I right in presuming you are not actually a Prison Officer as all Prison Officers have management plans for their specific allotment of prisoners. These management plans include the crime and the sentence so the Prison Officers by default of rotation can't help but know why a prisoner is inside. Also there is a risk assessment of all prisoners for violence, self harm etc. It is essential that Prison officers know as much as is necessary about prisoners for the safe running of the prisons. Prisoners in Hakea are in transit either on remand waiting for bail or trial, or if found guilty waiting for classification and permanent placement in another prison.

Management plan as mentioned above

http://www.correctiveservices.wa.gov.au/_files/prisons/adult-custodial-rules/ac-rules/ac-rule-18.pdf

Correct Janwa. I am a Trainer and assigned students (inmates) each week from various departments.
Hakea is a such a combination of boys and men - from speeding violations to accused offenders like BE.
It is very overcrowded and unfortunately a lot of inmates are suffering withdrawal and other mental health issues.

Halloweendee,

Thank you for the feedback. With regard to mental health issues, and the overcrowding being the possible source. My thoughts with regard to mental health problems is that the person already has a mental health problem prior to being in prison. Also, people get looked after in prison, whereas the various institutes for mentally unwell is only short term.

I'm unable to type fast on Websleuths - there seems to be a problem.

Halloweendee,

Thank you for the feedback. With regard to mental health issues, and the overcrowding being the possible source. My thoughts with regard to mental health problems is that the person already has a mental health problem prior to being in prison. Also, people get looked after in prison, whereas the various institutes for mentally unwell is only short term.

I'm unable to type fast on Websleuths - there seems to be a problem.

It may be worth keeping in mind that a large percentage of inmates have drug addiction issues , a large percentage are in prison because of drug related crimes ... do confuse this with those who have genuine mental issues .... the mental issue is used as a cop out in a lot of cases

It may be worth keeping in mind that a large percentage of inmates have drug addiction issues , a large percentage are in prison because of drug related crimes ... do confuse this with those who have genuine mental issues .... the mental issue is used as a cop out in a lot of cases

Whilst I agree, it’s a chicken and the egg scenario. Did the drugs cause the mental health issues, or did they turn to drugs to deal with the problems they already had. Or even to some extent, has their mental illness caused them to react differently on drugs to other individuals. There are plenty of high functioning drugs addicts in this world in Business, Sport, politics etc.

Whilst I agree, it’s a chicken and the egg scenario. Did the drugs cause the mental health issues, or did they turn to drugs to deal with the problems they already had. Or even to some extent, has their mental illness caused them to react differently on drugs to other individuals. There are plenty of high functioning drugs addicts in this world in Business, Sport, politics etc.

People do not choose mental illness ... they choose to use drugs , over 80% of people seeing shrinks in Perth are because of marijuana psychosis , they chose to use drugs and not because they were mentally ill at the time ... As for the high functioning drug addicts I agree , there are plenty of them Doctors , Lawyers all fields ... they are only high functioning because they have access to drugs ... they wont be so high functioning when they don't

There are plenty of high functioning drugs addicts in this world in Business, Sport, politics etc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And of course these people can afford to pay for good quality stuff to be delivered to a go between and don't have to risk being stopped and searched then charged with possession or supply so avoid prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy