Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Annalise - I don't think it strange he married quite young. As an adult I have found out that certain adults thats were in my 'circle' as a child, were not the people I thought they were. The upstanding Mr & Mrs so and so were into threesomes, was apparently quite common knowledge (obviously not to us kids) and another Mrs so and so (who lived up the road and took me to school sometimes ), took up with her neighbour, kicked her husband out and they then joined in. Mr so and so just liked listening at the door, etc. YIKES I would never have dreamed this. Very shocking.
So no disrepect mean't to anyone, but because of this, but I know sometimes people marry young because this certain person will give then what they want/need.
I also believe the CSK who ever he is, is very sneaky and coniving, not neccessarily overly smart, but smart enough and that everything was planned. He lurked untill he found the perfect oppertunity and he was sneaky enough not to lurk the same way and bring suspicion upon himself. Once he had them he knew what he was going to do and where he was going to take them.
I also think he was a suspect/person of interest/questioned in the HH assault, apparently the victim was in his brothers year, so he probably knew they kept the back door unlocked. A few questions here, a few questions there (to his unsuspecting brother) and he has the required info. This would put him on WAPO list.
Why he chose Claremont- If you look at his wife & ex-partner, one was a legal secretary or similar and the other was French and her family owned a resturant. Quite 'upper class' you might say, so Claremont girls would be 'his type'.
I also think some one close to him 'twigged', reported him and when WAPO finally decided to look outside their box, they went back through their files, his name came up as a POI. All they needed was some familiar DNA and whammo got him.

Great post Zedx! Never thought of the wives that way before but I think you're probably right, the Claremont "type". And that's what I've said all along, NOT overly intelligent, just cunning, and your word "sneaky" is perfect. And the lurking, waiting/watching has been his MO and the need to really think about how he was going to achieve it.

Quite a while ago I found an online profile of the Accused, BRE which apart from having a very nice photo of him and CG, showed that he had taken an online IQ test - his result was 139. Sorry I do not have link now.

BRE would therefore come into the top of below range (note 140 is genius or almost genius):

[FONT=&amp]120 - 139 : [/FONT][FONT=&amp]With an IQ of 120 to 139, it means you have very superior intelligence and your intelligence is better than most. A superior intelligence means that your intelligence is better than most people but not as high as those with an IQ of 140.

[/FONT]
http://www.brainmetrix.com/iq-scale/

If this test is correct BRE is therefore extremely smart, which would be one of the reasons, among others, that he alluded capture for so long.

JMO and subject to the Accused being responsible for the crimes he is charged with.

Well thanks for that, stand corrected about him not being intelligent. He is intelligent and twisted!

Well thanks for that, stand corrected about him not being intelligent. He is intelligent and twisted!
This is a perfect example of why we should work with facts and not personal opinions/ fiction. At this point in time, we cannot begin to understand how the alleged killer's mind works when we do not even known the facts.

Hi everyone
Yes, I'm a long time lurker. I enjoy reading most of the posts and find some of the theories very insightful.

What I find interesting about BRE arrest is CG's last posts on her FB page were 17 & 18 August 2014, a couple of years prior to BRE being arrested. I find her second last post of the 3 monkeys - see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, very interesting. When did CG and BRE seperate? Did she become suspicious of her husbands past 2.5 years before he was arrested and raise her concerns with Police? Were Police investigating her concerns during that time before making the arrest. Is her 2nd last FB post of the 3 monkeys indicating that she had discovered something "evil" and was struggling over what to do with the information?
In my opinion CG discovered something about her husbands past. This possibly led to the marriage breaking down as her trust would have been obviously destroyed and whatever it was after investigation by authorities it led to Police arresting and charging and BRE.

Lamp, I know you mean well,

However with respect, this site is for sleuthing the Claremont Serial Killer, not an 'Agony Aunt' site - could you possibly stay on topic.

I might have to catch that cab soon too if this type of posting continues.

Point taken, thanks Spinnaker. I realise I should have sent this as a personal message perhaps and not shared it on the site. I will stay on topic and stop trying to save the world!

You know off hand when they cleared them? I just read it the other day and cant remember. Was Masters ever confirmed to be the killer via DNA, they obviously should have tested him or was his confession good enough for them?
Information is fairly hard to find about his conviction. Detectives from WA went to Queensland to interview him when he was in custody for the 1991 murder. He confessed. It's not clear whether they suspected and traveled to question him or if he confessed to Queensland cops while in custody.

As far as I could tell he was sentenced (after serving 7 years non parole in Queensland and returned to Perth), to 7 years non parole in WA for VC murder. DNA wasn't used in the conviction just the confession. However, for the confession to be accepted I assume it would have had to include many details that were not published so the court was confident he was guilty of her murder.

Masters occupying one of the 8 units in her apartment block and it was reported at the time all occupants were exhaustively questioned. He was not a person of interest. Reports specifically say the American sailor was "forensically cleared". Cops were confident that the DNA on the kimono would lead them to VC's murderer and the southside rapist. It didn't. Masters was convicted and it was put away and forgotten about. The DNA on the kimono is alleged to belong to Bra.

I might not agree with others here and agree to disagree, but I see this as being very lucky for someone perhaps?

Thanks IC,

I've been trying to find out whether Masters actually confessed himself to detectives directly or whether it was a situation where Masters apparently confessed to another inmate who then has tattled in exchange for a better deal, early parole or something similar but I haven't been able to actually find anything definitive.

Could you please let me know if you do? It is the answer to this imo that will make all the difference between my consideration that they may have the wrong man in Masters and expect his lawyers will be looking into it.

Far as I'm aware, back then the only thing they could have got forensically from the Clarke murder enabling them to clear anybody would be blood type or secretor/non secretor.

Secretor is the name given to the condition that a person secretes their blood-type antigens into saliva and other bodily fluids

Information is fairly hard to find about his conviction. Detectives from WA went to Queensland to interview him when he was in custody for the 1991 murder. He confessed. It's not clear whether they suspected and traveled to question him or if he confessed to Queensland cops while in custody.

As far as I could tell he was sentenced (after serving 7 years non parole in Queensland and returned to Perth), to 7 years non parole in WA for VC murder. DNA wasn't used in the conviction just the confession. However, for the confession to be accepted I assume it would have had to include many details that were not published so the court was confident he was guilty of her murder.

Masters occupying one of the 8 units in her apartment block and it was reported at the time all occupants were exhaustively questioned. He was not a person of interest. Reports specifically say the American sailor was "forensically cleared". Cops were confident that the DNA on the kimono would lead them to VC's murderer and the southside rapist. It didn't. Masters was convicted and it was put away and forgotten about. The DNA on the kimono is alleged to belong to Bra.

I might not agree with others here and agree to disagree, but I see this as being very lucky for someone perhaps?

?

Someone remind us again how the Kimono is alleged to have been connected to 2 different crime scenes?

Is the inference, that the accused BRE was someone involved in the murder that Masters was convicted for?

Someone remind us again how the Kimono is alleged to have been connected to 2 different crime scenes?

Is the inference, that the accused BRE was someone involved in the murder that Masters was convicted for?
Here is the front page of the West Australian Feb 17 1988 - just looking for all the text now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 347378_ad84f9156f9683b9d8bd7cc0de71bdf0.png
    347378_ad84f9156f9683b9d8bd7cc0de71bdf0.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 131
Yahoooo!! Welcome Marylouise911!!! We just love new posters and your post is terrific! Thank you so much for joining us and I look forward to your next post when you've finished your sleuthing!!! :thewave:

Totally agree with how vile so many of these offenders are and sometimes the full extent of their horrors is never known. Daniel's parents are incredibly brave people and have done much to try and stop these hideous murders of innocents from happening again. Again Welcome and hope you stick around, no more lurking for you now!!! :)

Thank you Spooks and Lamp for your welcome! I actually find it incredibly nerve racking and almost intimidating posting in a public forum but like you all I have reason enough to feel compelled to comment on this case. I am from Perth, and being about 10 years younger than Sarah, Jane and Ciara, the CSK became my "boogie man". I don't want to give that credit to the accused as such (from what I know about serial killers they get off on this notoriety) but when you are of similar physical appearance to the victims, familiar with all of the locations connected to the case etc you always have that fear in the back of your mind. Who is this person? How have they managed to live amongst us in plain sight for so long etc. That is of course, if the current accused is found guilty of these crimes.

I am more than open to your critisim and input on my posts, in fact I welcome it. I know and understand that we may never know the whole truth but I am open to those opinions that can steer my train of thought closer to the truth with fact. My post to follow this about the MM footage is just the first of many of my ideas and opinions of this case.

Here is the front page of the West Australian Feb 17 1988 - just looking for all the text now.

attachment.php
The below is all could find online - does anyone have the full text?

The West Australian, Perth Wednesday February 17 1988

"This kimono may be the clue that helps solve the brutal killing of Victoria Heather Clark, 30, in Victoria Park last September. It was dropped by a man that walked into a Huntingdale house early on Monday morning and lay on top of a sleeping 18-year-old girl...

The kimono is the first good clue the police have been given in recent sex attacks in the area. Det-Sgt Max Kiernan said the man apparently walked into the house...."

Quite a while ago I found an online profile of the Accused, BRE which apart from having a very nice photo of him and CG, showed that he had taken an online IQ test - his result was 139. Sorry I do not have link now.

BRE would therefore come into the top of below range (note 140 is genius or almost genius):

[FONT=&amp]120 - 139 : [/FONT][FONT=&amp]With an IQ of 120 to 139, it means you have very superior intelligence and your intelligence is better than most. A superior intelligence means that your intelligence is better than most people but not as high as those with an IQ of 140.

[/FONT]
http://www.brainmetrix.com/iq-scale/

If this test is correct BRE is therefore extremely smart, which would be one of the reasons, among others, that he alluded capture for so long.

JMO and subject to the Accused being responsible for the crimes he is charged with.

Thanks for this. I did a search and DaisyGirl66 posted about that in earlier thread. The info can be located via www.profileengine.com

Thank you Spooks and Lamp for your welcome! I actually find it incredibly nerve racking and almost intimidating posting in a public forum but like you all I have reason enough to feel compelled to comment on this case. I am from Perth, and being about 10 years younger than Sarah, Jane and Ciara, the CSK became my "boogie man". I don't want to give that credit to the accused as such (from what I know about serial killers they get off on this notoriety) but when you are of similar physical appearance to the victims, familiar with all of the locations connected to the case etc you always have that fear in the back of your mind. Who is this person? How have they managed to live amongst us in plain sight for so long etc. That is of course, if the current accused is found guilty of these crimes.

I am more than open to your critisim and input on my posts, in fact I welcome it. I know and understand that we may never know the whole truth but I am open to those opinions that can steer my train of thought closer to the truth with fact. My post to follow this about the MM footage is just the first of many of my ideas and opinions of this case.

Terrific Marylouise911, glad you are enjoying posting here. I totally agree, people should be able to offer criticism and disagree, it's when other posters start attacking the poster and not the post that I have a problem. Looking forward to your MM footage analysis.

At the time of the arrest of BRE this article appeared in MSM. Could be a reporter getting it wrong, but thought it was strange the timing of the screams?

Bad dream perhaps or premonition?

“Neighbours have claimed the harrowing moment they heard screams coming from the property about an hour before police were at the scene. “

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...spect-arrested-questioning.html#ixzz59n0Xs2Xj

Hi everyone
Yes, I'm a long time lurker. I enjoy reading most of the posts and find some of the theories very insightful.

What I find interesting about BRE arrest is CG's last posts on her FB page were 17 & 18 August 2014, a couple of years prior to BRE being arrested. I find her second last post of the 3 monkeys - see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, very interesting. When did CG and BRE seperate? Did she become suspicious of her husbands past 2.5 years before he was arrested and raise her concerns with Police? Were Police investigating her concerns during that time before making the arrest. Is her 2nd last FB post of the 3 monkeys indicating that she had discovered something "evil" and was struggling over what to do with the information?
In my opinion CG discovered something about her husbands past. This possibly led to the marriage breaking down as her trust would have been obviously destroyed and whatever it was after investigation by authorities it led to Police arresting and charging and BRE.

Welcome Lozza46! Nice to have you on board, and thoughtful first post! :drumroll:

Agree thats about all they were able to do with it at the time IC. Either rule people out or not be able to conclusively rule them out.
Again, from Forensic cop Bryn Jones speaking on Greenough (1993) murders CI episode "we did have a very early DNA analysis capacity but it was limited to only one loci, which essentially it meant it didnt have sufficient discriminatory powers to suggest that the semen belonged to a particular person. It was more used in those days in conjunction with blood grouping to eliminate people or suggest that a person could not be eliminated as the donor".
It could have been simply as no name says. Either ruled them out, or couldn't conclusively ruled them out, until retesting at a later date, was able to fingerprint the DNA to a particular person.

DNA fingerprinting was discovered in 1984 in England and used in prosecutions from 1986 there. http://www.dnaforensics.com/DNAFingerprinting.aspx

It's believable that in the VC case WA police started collecting blood or semen for DNA analysis. What sort of analysis they were able to complete in this case I'm not sure. If they thought it linked to 14 sexual assaults of the southside rapist and the murder of VC, it's possible they had a full analysis done in this case.

Thanks IC,

I've been trying to find out whether Masters actually confessed himself to detectives directly or whether it was a situation where Masters apparently confessed to another inmate who then has tattled in exchange for a better deal, early parole or something similar but I haven't been able to actually find anything definitive.

Could you please let me know if you do? It is the answer to this imo that will make all the difference between my consideration that they may have the wrong man in Masters and expect his lawyers will be looking into it.

Far as I'm aware, back then the only thing they could have got forensically from the Clarke murder enabling them to clear anybody would be blood type or secretor/non secretor.

Secretor is the name given to the condition that a person secretes their blood-type antigens into saliva and other bodily fluids
Seven years non parole was the going rate for murder in Queensland and WA at the time. Nothing I've read mentions a jailhouse confession.

I believe he did do it. The confession would have to have information that only the killer would know and be accepted by the court IMO. I just don't believe he was alone and I can't be sure exactly how detailed the DNA analysis was for this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158