Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, like the fast food chain. I just happened to find it by googling 'Sue (followed by the surname) Perth' and up came a listing to someone on fb.

I tried that too YN - but didn't end up anywhere interesting!!

Being familiar with Mosman park is a jump to familiar with obscure spots in Claremont.

I am sure there is a link, we just haven't 100% nailed it yet.

Not really, the Claremont nightlife area was really restricted to 2 venues, 200 metres apart with many hidden dark nooks and crannys. Basically a weirdos dream.

A road map and a 20 minute drive/walk around and you'd be pretty much over the locale.

Ok fellow sleuther's this is my take on things re CG's abduction. Don't buy the got in a car theory. (Pic courtesy of Landgate from 1995.) IMO BE/CSK allegedly travelled down the access lane and parked up in the church car park which was at a guess 6-8 feet below the footpath/street level. There were trees and shrubbery secluding it from the road. Frankie and mates saw CG heading toward the church/traffic lights. I propose BE/CSK blitz attacked her in this zone, as it was sheltered from the road and very dark. Once down off the road he really had nothing around. Residential houses were a fair distance away, only a deserted church and commercial buildings at that time of night.
attachment.php

Yes Coroner - I buy this one :)

One of his many unfinished projects. Probably has a garage full of them. If that were something from a crime he committed. .why leave it out on display like that...?
Unless he really is that overconfident :/
If thats the case..he really thinks the police are morons. And well...this case was handled wrong from the start.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hiding in plain sight ...

Very strange, I wonder if it is on the mains sewerage or has tanks.

Seems to be a patch in the back yard that has been prominent since 85'
Mains sewerage to replace septic tanks only went through in the eastern suburbs in the 1990's. My mum's place still has a green patch where the septic tank is, enough though it was disconnected in 2003 when the mains came through

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Not really, the Claremont nightlife area was really restricted to 2 venues, 200 metres apart with many hidden dark nooks and crannys. Basically a weirdos dream.

A road map and a 20 minute drive/walk around and you'd be pretty much over the locale.
Just seems like a brilliant spot for an abduction and the fact I lived a street away and passed it thousands of times and it never crossed my mind, I suppose most people aren’t thinking about whats a good spot for an abduction.

(modsnip)

He could grab a girl there and have her down the hill before another car comes past, she could be gone in 5 seconds from view on the road, the risk is that 2 girls have already gone missing in Claremont and I believe the cops were patrolling the area, maybe, hopefully. If you are out loitering at night, well kinda puts you in a **** position, see what they did to LW.

I lived in Huntingdale very close to Fountain Way for the entire period 1988 to 1998. I had women's clothing stolen off my line in 1988. I think it's quite significant that 33 Fountain Way is blocked on Google Street View. The property was vacant in 1983 and built on some years later. That stretch of street contained a house full of 'bogans' who I believe were responsible for a small crime-wave in the area - and may well have included Edwards. I'm pretty sure the bogan house was 33 Fountain but could have been up to 27 (it was 28 years ago so memories fade)

Weird! Never encountered that b4.
Might take a drive around 2moro - take pics. Roam around Gay Street too. Any other nearby destinations peeps?

Just seems like a brilliant spot for an abduction and the fact I lived a street away and passed it thousands of times and it never crossed my mind, I suppose most people aren’t thinking about whats a good spot for an abduction.

If his ex-wife is a lawyer in perth then she invariably went to UWA, I suspect BRE had frequented the nightspots in Claremont, indeed I think it's likely his is MM.

As soon as the CG story broke I was drawn to my theory. Went there almost daily for 4 years and it really was very isolated even during the day.

I'm not sold on the lawyer link yet, BF is essentially a troll site. Open mind though on that one.

Claremont was basically renowned at the time for easy beautiful girls who didn't mind a drink, so it doesn't surprise that it drew in outsiders.

Got a theory on SS and JR also

As soon as the CG story broke I was drawn to my theory. Went there almost daily for 4 years and it really was very isolated even during the day.

I'm not sold on the lawyer link yet, BF is essentially a troll site. Open mind though on that one.

Claremont was basically renowned at the time for easy beautiful girls who didn't mind a drink, so it doesn't surprise that it drew in outsiders.

Got a theory on SS and JR also
LOL, I’ve been on BF for over 10 years Im aware of what it is but this in no way strikes me as a troll post.

So is this BE and EC home?
Im failing to see how he is a bogan or lower class at that rate?

Disagree. Huntingdale was very downmarket when it was first developed in the late 1980's. There was no Leona freeway and only route to Perth was Spencer Rd, Albany Hwy, Shepperton Rd and Causeway back then. A long route through very salacious neighbourhoods. Nowadays, all those areas are going upmarket as they are now seen to be close to the CBD, but not back then.

Disagree. Huntingdale was very downmarket when it was first developed in the late 1980's. There was no Leona freeway and only route to Perth was Spencer Rd, Albany Hwy, Shepperton Rd and Causeway back then. A long route through very salacious neighbourhoods. Nowadays, all those areas are going upmarket as they are now seen to be close to the CBD, but not back then.

Thanks . Area just looks pretty nice these days from all I can see if it
Still doing good to be owning his own home and all though
Guess it was a lot easier back then too

33 Fountain Way, Huntingdale
Sold $345,000 in Oct 2011 [Rectify]
House: 4 Bed rooms 2 Bath rooms 2 Car spaces
Land size: 816 sqm | Building size: 180 sqm [Measure]
Build year: 1984
Agent: Bourkes - South Perth
Distance: 17.5 km to CBD; 3 km to Gosnells Station [Transport]

Predictive text problems. I meant Kwinana freeway (before Mount Henry bridge was built, the freeway ended at Manning Rd. Later after the bridge was built it ended at Leach Hwy for many years)

Prior to their Fountain Way purchase, BE & EC were living in a unit directly opposite Osborne Park Primary School on Albert Street.

They bought Fountain Way in June 1991, which is also loated very close to a Primary School, the one BE attended as a child.

The house was sold in 1987. However, in June 1995 there was a caveat put on the title. This was because BE & EC had taken a loan out, using the mortgage as security. The caveat was removed when the property sold.

The caveat reveals that by June 1995, EC had become EE ie she had the married name EDWARDS.

I'm speculating that the marriage was breaking down and EE wanted out, but BE didn't want to leave, so a loan was arranged to pay her out.

It is very significant as the CSK incidents, which include KK rape, occurred from February 1995 to March 1997. The house sold in April 1997.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail