GUILTY Australia - Colleen Adams, 24, missing since November 1973, husband arrested 2018, died 2021

You know in those days, men could walk away with no obligations to support their children, but God forbid if their wives left them and took her own money with her.

Wives were considered just chattle and the wedding vows included to honour and obey.

This was the free ticket for a narcissist to assault your wife which still happens in some religions.

OBEY meaning:
submit to the authority of (someone) or comply with (a law),take/accept orders fromcarry out/follow the orders of be dutiful to heed
submit to defer to be ruled by bow to give way/in to yield to surrender to

early offer (??!!) Maybe since the time he was caught but how is nearly 50 years an early offer?

Adams will now qualify for a discount of up to 40 per cent off his eventual sentence, because of his early offer (??!!) to plead guilty to the lesser charge.

Opposition legal affairs spokesman Kyam Maher said the case highlighted the need for urgent legislative change.

“After nearly half a century, there has been ample opportunity for Adams to plead guilty,” he said.

“To do it so long afterwards and then have the benefit of a 40 per cent discount does not meet community expectations.”
Geoffrey Adams not guilty of 1973 cold case murder of wife

Last edited:
welcome to nsw.
king of deals....

where murdering someone can always be strung down to manslaughter deals.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

so disrespectful to victims and their families.

moo

It appears to me Colleen didn't have a close family who'd fight to the bitter end to find their sister. So it's simply done and dusted? OH WOW!

Outside court, Mrs Adams’ sister, Heather Johncock, said she always had an inkling that Adams was involved in her sister’s death — but knew the jury’s decision “could go either way”.
“(It’s) justice in the respect that we’ve got her (remains) now.

“Disappointed that he got off on murder... but the main thing is we’ve got her back with us.

“It’s very sad that we’ve missed out on so much, and she has.”
Ms Johncock remembered her older sibling as a loving mother who never would have abandoned her children.
Geoffrey Adams not guilty of 1973 cold case murder of wife

Oh so this makes it ok?

Mr Boucaut told the jury that there was "another side" to Ms Adams, describing it as "not a happy side, [a] very unfortunate side".
"Sometimes, when people lose their temper, they hit out at people. Sometimes, if a person hits out at another, they might not necessarily think at all about what they're intending to do," he said.
"They may well be angry — just because a person is angry, doesn't mean they intended to kill someone."

But prosecutor Jim Pearce QC told the jury that Adams "upped the ante" by grabbing a weapon and twice striking his wife in the face — a "vulnerable" part of the body.
He said the first strike "speaks of his intention" and the second strike "speaks volumes".
Mr Pearce told the court that the accused then spent almost half-a-century "peddling a story" to police and the media.
Court hears Geoffrey Adams 'painted himself as a victim' after allegedly murdering wife, Colleen

Adams told Maitland police that he got home from a meeting at the Buffalo Lodge

Buffalo Lodge
Our aims are to come together for entertainment, whilst raising money and other benefits for charity. The only obligations on our members are to respect each other and to respect our traditions.

The Royal Antedeluvian Order of Buffaloes

He goes off to his Buffalo Lodge while she stays at home, seemingly cut off from all communications.
I bet he was a jealous person too. I imagine he wouldn't take her out anywhere.
She was quite attractive and looks nothing like the hulking bully he portrayed her as.

I bet his sentence may be something like a 2 year suspended sentence. As long as he kills no more wives or partners, he'll be ok the poor man, it's all been so hard on him :rolleyes:

Last edited:
We don't seem to know much about his life after Colleen disappeared.
No mention of any of his family members or a wife or partner or anyone he knows supporting him at court ? I don't recall reading if any of his children were at any of the court hearings ?

I really feel for his children, it must be a terribly traumatic time for them. I hope they've got a lot of support.

Geoff Adams nominated for Father of the Year together with others on this site. Victim Impact Statements. Seriously It Is Never the kids fault! Colleen never was able to voice her opinion at the trial. I am glad her daughter submitted this. Lying to your children (denying a crime you did commit) isn't a crime but this is the result of it.

'Sins of my father': Wife killer's daughter describes years of anguish

My favourite part of the victim impact statement was, together with other details.

"The most meaningful moment from all of this has been knowing my mother did love me and she didn't chose to abandon me," she wrote.

"Marie Adams was always told her mother had "the baby blues" and abandoned her as a three-year-old in 1973 — but her father's confession to killing Colleen Adams after 45 years of lies made her question everything, a court has heard.''

"I felt like I'd been living with the sins of my mother but I was living with the sins of my father," she wrote in her victim impact statement, read to the South Australian Supreme Court today.

"I grew up believing I had to appease everyone. I fought hard to challenge that belief system, but I remained in a cycle of unhealthy relationships that I could not change.

"Unhealthy relationships have been a constant in my life and I believe this to be the consequence of growing up with my father's constant negative put-downs of me, my mother and women in general."

What an absolute pig of a "man".
My heart breaks for those daughters :(
I agree with you Morrisa, the torture of those girls in what they were informed their Mother last words were would had damage them. He took away their childhood and undermined them, serve doubt in themselves.
Such heartlessness and to make out he was a struggling single Father it was all for his ego.
One thing has puzzled me, I grew up in a rural area in the 1970's, I even asked older family members and friends who were parents of young children mainly in 1973 in Australia, even friends whose childhood of the 1973, all came with the same answer.
Why was Colleen not wearing her dressing gown.
If she was up in the kitchen waiting for husband she would been dressed still or wearing her dressing gown and slippers. My in laws parents rural Victoria never walked out their bedroom in PJ they were parents in 1970's. My Grandparents did the same and family members. My friends said even in the seventies they/or parents never was in the kitchen in their nighties always dressed, sometimes if they went to kitchen was with dressing gown over nighties. Stand in kitchen in nighties was not acceptable or not on. It was not proper as I was taught Mums got dressed before leaving the bedroom first thing when they got up in the mornings.
I know this is my opinion only, and if it correct Collen Adams was buried in 1973 in her nightgown(I sure I remember reading it in the news that that was the fact)
Then the kitchen is not where Collen Adams life was taken.
It was late when Geoff Adam came home, with two small children most mother even myself have gone to bed early being so tired. We are only going by Mr Adams word it happened in the Kitchen yet has he been truthful over the years?
Being buried in her nightgown also bare feet IMO speaks loudly Colleen was in the bedroom in bed when the arguement happened or if it did happen this is what her husband stated. If she moved to the Kitchen during the arguement she would had put her dressing gown on possible her slippers while moving to the direction of the kitchen.
I did look at the fact presented in Court( By Mr Adams), that if Colleen was in the Kitchen that fatal night wearing her nighty waiting for her husband to come home. From what evidence which has been presented from Mr Adams ,his stories/lies over the years and in Court Mr Adams negative attitude, towards Colleen Adams." She started at me.....soon as I walk through the door....."
I get the thought and opinion of the arguement start with him. Looking at his pretty wife sitting in the kitchen in her night gown he has a go at her at the way she is not properly dressed.

Re Colleen wearing a nightie but not a dressing-gown - well, it was late November, and that can be pretty hot sometimes in South Australia. Also no friends or neighbours were likely to drop by late at night, and the only others in the house were 2 small girls. I don't think it's particularly odd that she wasn't wearing a dressing-gown. I'm not sure that Geoff would have objected to that anyway, assuming that he was sober enough to notice. I think possibly she did "start at him" when he came home, seeing he was late and drunk (or am I wrong about that?) I probably would have. But that in no way even remotely excuses him. And hitting her in the head (face) twice with a metal bar is definitely murder, IMO. He's very lucky he's in Australia, not the USA.

I would have really really liked to see a murder conviction. Striking twice with a bar on the head to me shows intent to kill.

The fallout from this on the children has obviously been massive I really feel for them. It’s like killing their mother is t enough he had to make them feel that she didn’t love them as well. Glad that they know the truth now.

I don't know how to link, but there is an article today in ABC's online news - Geoff Adams is expected to die of cancer soon, he is not expected to live more than a few days, weeks at the most. So he will never face sentencing. Sympathy to the families, especially the adult children, for all the sadness in their lives.

I don't know how to link, but there is an article today in ABC's online news - Geoff Adams is expected to die of cancer soon, he is not expected to live more than a few days, weeks at the most. So he will never face sentencing. Sympathy to the families, especially the adult children, for all the sadness in their lives.

Cold case wife-killer expected to die before sentencing for manslaughter

Justice Peek today released a letter from Royal Adelaide Hospital consultant physician Dr Patrick Russell that stated Adams had been diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme — a "primary brain cancer that carries a grim prognosis".

"His neurological deficit has taken a steep change for the worse, now completely paralysed on the left, unable to open that eye or move his arm or leg," Dr Russell said in the letter, dated December 10.

"He is ill and considered medically unstable at this point. He is certainly not fit to stand for sentencing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back