JOIN WEBSLEUTHS RADIO LIVE TODAY @ 2:00 PM EASTERN AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE TODAY 2 PM EASTERN

GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Kelly, May 5, 2004.

1. Canning Vale

Canning Vale Active Member

I’ve been working within the Gerard Ross website and intend compiling a list of abductions of boys who were similar in ages to Gerard Ross and Daniel.

It might prove advantageous to look elsewhere for similar crimes. Perhaps the perpetrator/s of Gerard’s crime travelled interstate or overseas. I’ve read that Brett Cowan spent some time inthe USA. If anyone has the dates he spent there could you please let me know.

I understand that Brett Cowan was a person of interest within Gerard’s abduction, but wasn’t responsible.

If anyone is aware of an existing list of male pre-pubescent abductions could they please let me know?

Many thanks.

2. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Hi there Canning Vale, firstly I want to commend you on the work you have been doing towards the justice for Gerard Ross. Thank you.

I hadn’t heard that Brett Cowan had been to the US but I’ll have a look although he travelled quite extensively throughout Aus.
    I’d be intrigued to know the reason why as I’d image he wouldn’t have the funds but most importantly he was convicted for child abuse many years ago so I’m not sure if immigration would allow entry. I’ll take a peek around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Canning Vale

Just recently I’ve been reading about Brett Cowan. What surprises me the most is the fact that this parasite has been permitted to continually abuse so many victims? Cowan has committed such heinous crimes and as a result spent menial time in prison and has even been granted parole!

It’s the judicial system that needs improvement. When a prisoner is due for parole they front of a parole board, and that group either deny or grant parole to the prisoner.

If an individual within an organization can be held accountable for their actions, when an employee messes up, why can’t a parole board be held responsible?

If a parolee messes up, it’s the person who's responsible for that parolee that needs to be held responsible - that’s what needs to happen!

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwisnIj_m-HYAhXEf7wKHdRyA2cQFghAMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fnews%2Fnational%2Fbrett-cowan-attacked-by-inmate%2Fnews-story%2Fd1ed25a981fac1e9746f174853fa071a&usg=AOvVaw3_A-GtzvljFeVoRjTnNjst

4. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

Brett Cowan was so close to freedom. I read the was the first officers who had this information and didn’t follow it up.

Cowan added an extra detail - the drug dealer's partner, Kevin Fitzgerald, came out to look at the mulcher in the back of his four-wheel drive.

Neither Sandra Drummond nor Kevin Fitzgerald could remember if Cowan visited that day. But Fitzgerald was adamant that he would have remembered checking out a mulcher.

"Something like that, if I walked out and looked at that thing, I'd still know to this day what type of engine was powering it," he told the 2011 inquest.

Cowan's alibi was shot, and he became the prime suspect for the murder of Daniel Morcombe, prompting the launch of the now famous undercover operation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-18/mccutcheon-morecombe/5326406

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Canning Vale

Below is an entire list of Australian and NZ children who have gone missing throughout the decades.

There are two lists – one for the boys and another for girls – both cover all ages up to age 17.

The two lists are compiled within date order. As a perpetrator of such crimes may have travelled interstate - date order will make it easier to analyze.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129033&d=1516440233

6. Canning Vale

Regarding the spreadsheet of missing, abducted and murdered minors – Australia & NZ. That’s not the entire list of minors!

Within the spreadsheet I’d like to add a link to the perpetrator’s news article. In addition, I’d like to add details of the perpetrator’s area and year’s active – that will make it easier for people to identify and rule out anyone who was imprisoned.

Due to legalities we’re not permit to upload information regarding convicted paedophiles. My thoughts are to send the list to the FB Predator alert pages – Derryn Hinch might like a copy too.

Does anyone have any idea where the spreadsheet can be uploaded?

7. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

You could start a WS blog:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vbblog_faq

It would probably mean duplicating your work (although editing it would be easy), as you’d have to manually re-enter the data into a table compatible with the WS’ site, using BB codes:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

I like your idea of forwarding the complete spreadsheet to SM groups and DH.

8. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Bruce and Denise Morcombe earn top honours at Australia Day Awards
    Daniel Morcombe Foundation
    Posted on 23 January 2018

[​IMG]
    Sunshine Coast Council Media Release
    January 23, 2018

Bruce and Denise Morcombe earn top honours at Australia Day Awards

‘Dedicated and passionate child safety advocates, Bruce and Denise Morcombe were named the 2018 Sunshine Coast Australia Day Awards Citizens of the Year at a special ceremony held today (January 23) at The Events Centre, Caloundra.

Bruce and Denise suffered every parent's worst nightmare in 2003 when they lost their son Daniel in devastating circumstances and have worked tirelessly since then to help prevent other families from ever having to endure what they went through.

As a legacy to Daniel and in honour of his memory, Bruce and Denise founded the Daniel Morcombe Foundation to assist educators and parents in the education of children about their personal safety, assist young victims of crime and empower people to make their local communities safer for children.

Mayor Mark Jamieson said this year's Sunshine Coast Australia Day Awards had again highlighted the outstanding work of a number of community-focussed Sunshine Coast citizens and organisations.

"Bruce and Denise Morcombe were each nominated as individuals for this award, however the judges had a hard time separating them which resulted in a tie and acknowledgment for them both," Mayor Jamieson said.

“The work Bruce and Denise have done for our community, and many other communities across Queensland, has and will continue to help protect our youngest citizens from harm.

"Their dedication to promoting child safety is honourable and this award is one way we are able to show our appreciation for their work.’

Read more at:

https://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/b...ombe-earn-top-honours-at-australia-day-awards

PrimeSuspect likes this.
  9. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

PrimeSuspect likes this.
  10. ozazure

ozazure Active Member

The Morcombes are the real deal.

PrimeSuspect likes this.
  11. Morrisa

Morrisa Well-Known Member

12. meticulously

meticulously Former smartphone blogger