Australia - Eight children killed in mass stabbing, Cairns, Qld, 19 Dec 2014 *Arrest*

WTH????? Omg are these all her own children? OMG just saw the mother on a stretcher .. dear lord.

Mental unhealth does not excuse stabbing children. This is horrific. If it was a parent, I will feel no sympathy for them.

I know that Roxye there is no excuse for doing this kind of act but a normal sane person would not decide to just go ahead and do this. Even if a person is just evil they normally have psychopathic behaviour.

Ch7 News say the woman taken to hospital is in a Stable Condition - Witness says a man jumped off the bus and committed the crime - Man wandering in front yard being subdued by Police when press arrived

This sounds like that was her first story before admitting it now that we know more and police are using the old 'she's assisting police with their enquiries' << meaning, well, she's not in custody YET.

It is a terrible tragedy. R.I.P to all the children. Myself and another member have posted threads in crimes against children and up to the minute the mods are welcome to delete those and we can carry on posting here.

Thanks for all your updates it is truly shocking.

There is no justification for killing a child. The worst punishment possible should be imposed on those that do. Be it a parent or a stranger. A child is innocent of the wrong doings of the world and hasn't had a chance to screw up like adults with knowledge of the world do. Even the mentally ill understand that, and that is exactly why they pray on them. Children trust in the goodness of people because they don't see evil. Children trust, predators exploit that.

That is really horrible! Who could do this unthinkable crime?????????? :furious: :furious:

OK I alerted the other ones and dropped a link to this thread in the alert message so hopefully they can all be merged .. watching the news on Sky and seems like details are still coming. I'm wondering if this incident happened last night the way media is talking.

Tragic domestic incident.

Live press conference QLD .. Oh WAIT unrelated .. Clive Palmer kidnap plot??

Yes, a second adult also receiving treatment, no reports on his condition or his relation to the children.

https://www.facebook.com/9News/posts/824759810905191

(They've thrown in the lifeline link)

UPDATE: Cairns police attended a home in Murray St, Manoora, in response to reports of an injured woman this morning. Tragically, they found eight deceased children aged between 18 months and 15 years. The injured woman is in hospital, and police have advised that there is no danger to the public.

http://video.news.ninemsn.com.au/?uuid=3951752726001

Anyone who has concerns should contact Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14.

Cousin being interviewed on Sky, dear lord she held herself together well, terrible.

Poor babies. :( Gosh this made me sad to see in my newsfeed. I knew you guys would already have a thread up. I was hoping for more information by now, it sounds like it's going to be complicated.

RIP little ones.

They're saying they will be in the house for 'days' - oh how I feel for those having to deal with this. :(

So there is a 2nd person in hospital? Did I read that right? We have heard nothing about the step father or father. I too find it odd that mum is stable and all kids are dead. Most parents would die trying to protect their children

The bodies were all found inside. Police were so distressed by what they saw they could be heard screaming for ambulances.

Two adults have been taken to hospital, including a 34-year-old woman, understood to be the dead children&#8217;s mother, with multiple stab wounds to her upper body and around her neck.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...uburb-of-manoora/story-fnj4alav-1227161862831

OK new reports she is NOT a suspect!!!??? Via Sky News .. OK so now we have no idea what went on.

Sky just felt the need to point out that this is not a terrorist attack, I just felt the need to change the channel.

I don't know, the top detective at the scene said that the 34 year old woman is assisting them currently .... whatever that means.

At least some of the children were related. A neighbour said they didn't believe that many children actually lived in the home.

Ch 7 News

Poor babies. Such horrific news. :(

I wish they would say who the second person is....probably the step father. How absolutely horrendous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back