Found Deceased Australia - Elisa Curry, 43, Aireys Inlet, Melbourne, 30 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder if anybody has taken her labrador for a walk along her well known running or walking track or beach and asked it to find "mummy" my dogs would know what that meant

Im with you we dont give the credit our dogs duly deserve.

Potential marital or financial problems will be explored as police try to understand Elisa Curry's state of mind in the hours before the Melbourne mother of three disappeared from her family's holiday home nearly a week ago.

"We haven't got a crime," Inspector Seel said, although he added that everything was "still on the table".

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...or-elisa-curry-continues-20171006-gyvl8g.html

I think they are pretty much set on suicide or accident.

the thing is, even suicides have to perform this act somewhere.. they don't evaporate into thin air . . and by it's very nature, one has to take the implements of the act with them, or have them to hand...the human mind cannot strangle its own body with it's own bare hands.. the method of success requires some assisting artifacts, rope, chemicals, etc...

Women, in general, statistically, don't want to be found disfigured. Throwing herself off the cliff... hurling oneself over a high bridge , shooting herself, stabbing herself... these are, statistically, rare rare occurrences in suicidal women. Women, in general , in partnerships, ie marriage , tend to leave themselves arrayed and originally presentable, ( events overtake this a bit ) the idea being 'look what you made me do, now you'll be sorry'...

and it is a rare , rare, really rare suicide that doesn't want to be found. Or, to put it another way, makes any attempt to hide, does it right there where they live , finding a place outside known parameters is too hard, too exhausting, with the TV still on and even dinner in the oven .... it is an unusual suicide that leaves home, in the dark, stumbles around trying to find that place where they won't be found and then kills themselves....how?.. what did they bring with them?..... that's a lot of time to think things thru... to take the dog with them, or not?.. leave the dog??... the capacity to make decisions has gone..

I found this article interesting from the UK, some slightly different reporting with examples of the letters that Elisa wrote to newspapers:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4950312/Missing-mum-wrote-papers-drugs-poofters.html

I know that this is way off topic, but I am looking at the backyard picture of their Surrey Hills home. No pool fencing required in Victoria? Every pool here in SA must have specific fencing all around a pool. Fencing off the backyard is not enough.

I find it interesting that the whole thread was up in arms about a LE flyer stating that Elisa is a reported alcoholic, and yet the thread has started to speculate wildly about her having an eating disorder or body image issues, among other things. The alcoholism flyer is about as close to a fact as we have in this case. Nearly everything else is speculation.

Also, if the husband knows his wife is a victim of foul play, but she hasn't been discovered yet, I doubt he's going to post a massive reward. He might also be on a pretty heavy dose of anti-anxiety medicine. Just speculating back at the rampant speculation against the husband.

Thanks for your opinion and reminder about speculating, what is and what it is not, rampant and just plain speculating. Please guide us to where this thread should lead or maybe, close it?

BBM. I think that is train time, not driving time, the 3 hours & 40 minutes. On the map i posted where it takes that long, the train stations have been highlighted by google, and there is no 'car' image. At first i thought it was a bus, but with highlighting the train stations it appears it's a train route.

do you know for sure it would take that long by car?

a hitman is an interesting theory - hubby would need an untraceable phone for that wouldn't he? If he's not stupid. or i suppose one could be arranged by pure face to face talk. being in the gaming industry it might not be too hard to find one either :(

BBM. sorry to quote myself again but apparently the hubby works for a company that distributes alcohol and owns liquor supply stores such as Dan Murphys. Not quite the gaming industry as I initially thought

BBM. sorry to quote myself again but apparently the hubby works for a company that distributes alcohol and owns liquor supply stores such as Dan Murphys

Hmmm...How embarrassed would he be to have an alcoholic wife?

BBM. sorry to quote myself again but apparently the hubby works for a company that distributes alcohol and owns liquor supply stores such as Dan Murphys. Not quite the gaming industry as I initially thought

He is very much involved in the gaming industry, iailwa. David Curry was former National Gaming Manager for ALH, as per his LinkedIn profile.
He also wrote a submission about Future Gaming markets for the "Joint Select Committee on Future Gaming Markets - Tasmanian Gaming Machine Arrangements", dated October 2016.

http://www.parliament.tas.gov.au/ct... Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group.pdf

And ALH is very much deeply into retail liquor sales.

ALH is a multi-faceted company.

Thanks for your opinion and reminder about speculating, what is and what it is not, rampant and just plain speculating. Please guide us to where this thread should lead or maybe, close it?

:ditto:.... mind you, PS... .. a bit of guidance makes the world go round..... I'm always up for it..

I will post this again ... about ALH Group, the company in which David Curry holds a primary corporate position - having worked his way up the corporate ladder ... to now be the Head of Regulatory and Corporate Affairs.

Our four main business activities are:

- Pub operations such as bar, food, accommodation, functions and entertainment.

- Retail liquor sales incorporating large liquor stores, drive through outlets and walk-in bottle shops. Our brands include BWS and Dan Murphy’s.

- Property development. We acquire, redevelop, and refurbish venues to optimise our portfolio and offer state-of-the-art, comfortable, and interesting places to visit.

- Gambling operations. We are Australia’s leading pub operator of electronic gaming machines, wagering, sports betting outlets and KENO

https://www.alhgroup.com.au/about

the thing is, even suicides have to perform this act somewhere.. they don't evaporate into thin air . . and by it's very nature, one has to take the implements of the act with them, or have them to hand...the human mind cannot strangle its own body with it's own bare hands.. the method of success requires some assisting artifacts, rope, chemicals, etc...

Women, in general, statistically, don't want to be found disfigured. Throwing herself off the cliff... hurling oneself over a high bridge , shooting herself, stabbing herself... these are, statistically, rare rare occurrences in suicidal women. Women, in general , in partnerships, ie marriage , tend to leave themselves arrayed and originally presentable, ( events overtake this a bit ) the idea being 'look what you made me do, now you'll be sorry'...

and it is a rare , rare, really rare suicide that doesn't want to be found. Or, to put it another way, makes any attempt to hide, does it right there where they live , finding a place outside known parameters is too hard, too exhausting, with the TV still on and even dinner in the oven .... it is an unusual suicide that leaves home, in the dark, stumbles around trying to find that place where they won't be found and then kills themselves....how?.. what did they bring with them?..... that's a lot of time to think things thru... to take the dog with them, or not?.. leave the dog??... the capacity to make decisions has gone..

Ineed.

I don't believe it's suicide.

This was with tolls and highways eliminated

attachment.php

Mapping AI to Surrey Hills at around 3.00pm puts you in central Melbourne smack in the middle of Friday peak hour.

I'd say it's a much, much quicker trip in the middle of the night. Risky on Grand Final night though, the back roads would be full of booze buses.

Suicide facts are quite easily come by - so to the poster who mentioned mothers don't commit suicide, they are more often killed, this is completely baseless.

The highest rate of suicide for women is in the age group 50-54, followed by 40-44. Overall the suicide rate for women is 5.9 per 100,000.

The murder rate is 1 victim per 100,000. The majority of them are men.

So we are looking at a suicide rate for women over 40, who are likely parents if they are ever to become one, it floats around 8.5 per 100,000. No more than 25% of them won't be mothers, probably a lot less. The murder rate for all women is about 1 per 200,000. 17 times more women in this demographic die from suicide than murder of all women.

Sources:
http://www.mindframe-media.info/for-media/reporting-suicide/facts-and-stats
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Australia#Murder

If you follow your local missing person pages you'll unfortunately be familiar with middle aged missing women being found in their cars detailed as "no suspicious circumstances.

Suicide is the leading cause of death for Australians aged 15-44.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-...more-than-3000-rising-women-teens-abs/7885970

Some sobering reading. Every unnecessary death is a tragedy, and I really feel for this family if this is their situation. When a murder occurs, society needs to be involved to investigate and prosecute. This might be far more of a private matter, the culmination of a long period of struggle and sadness and the beginning of a new one.

So frustrating not understanding sources when MSM state things as facts. ACA reported that the Facebook page was closed by Elisa in the days leading up to her disappearance, I wonder if that's speculation based on the fact that it's now deactivated or if they have confirmation it was shut down before 10pm Saturday evening. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the MSM reports are coming directly from here.

I have four or five friends who deactivate Facebook regularly and leave the messenger component active, I wonder if she did that. I can't think of any good scenario for the page to be deactivated after she went missing - I think that if you are a trusted contact of someone, you may be able to deactivate their account in case of emergency (or at least request it) and the police are certainly able to request it, but I just can't imagine doing that for privacy reasons when someone goes missing in case they try to reach out via facebook themselves or in case someone gives something away on the page...

They also made it sound like she'd actively closed down her Fitbit - do we know if that's verifiable? I only saw a comment in the media that the police now believed she hadn't been using it in the last few days before she disappeared, which to me is different to closing it down. I've only used another brand, is it possible to "shut down" a Fitbit profile like a Facebook one, or is it more likely that they are referring to her simply not using it? I used to forget my band sometimes when I went on holiday or forget to charge it so I wouldn't record the distance that time. Or perhaps she just didn't actually go for a run for a few days.

To me, it sounds much less significant if she's just suspended her Facebook and not worn her Fitbit for a few days, as opposed to deliberately going through and systematically shutting down her connections.

Hi Kitoki -- this what I think pretty much all of feel, but don't take the to write it out! Thanks for your post :wave:

He is very much involved in the gaming industry, iailwa. David Curry was former National Gaming Manager for ALH, as per his LinkedIn profile.
He also wrote a submission about Future Gaming markets for the "Joint Select Committee on Future Gaming Markets - Tasmanian Gaming Machine Arrangements", dated October 2016.

http://www.parliament.tas.gov.au/ct... Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group.pdf

And ALH is very much deeply into retail liquor sales.

ALH is a multi-faceted company.

thanks SA. i thought i'd read as much earlier

I haven't got a clue. Just found it interesting that many on the thread were very upset that Elisa was called a reported alcoholic on a LE flyer, yet had no problem speculating about many other things pulled from thin air.

I think the husband has an alibi. I understand that he is statistically the most likely to have committed the crime, if one exists. But I can't get past the fact that he was ~2 hours away with the children.

The neighbor makes me the most uncertain at this point. The story of the night seems to have changed several times, and I truly cannot imagine why the meeting over "personal issues" would have been deemed unimportant to tell LE.

The mother of three had been watching the AFL Grand Final with a friend, and later hosted a neighbouring couple.

What Mrs Curry was wearing when she disappeared also remained unknown, but police believed she may have been in runners and exercise clothing.

It’s understood she had a number of pairs of running outfits and shoes at both her holiday house and Surrey Hills home.

“He (husband David Curry) has looked around the house — he just can’t identify what was there and what wasn’t there as far as clothing goes,” Insp Seel said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...y/news-story/fac6ee1b34088065d24a7a02bab138c9

So there was one friend with Elisa watching AFL, then the married couple visited Elisa later that night.

Not surprising about the clothing, it explains why no mannequin dressed in her running attire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox