GUILTY Australia - Eunji Ban, 23, murdered in Brisbane park, 24 Nov 2013

Murder victim Eunji Ban was found in a Brisbane park early Sunday morning

SH_murder_wide-20131125194208487416-300x0.jpg

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/womans-body-found-in-a-brisbane-park-20131124-2y3i0.html

Oh no :( What a beautiful smile.
I'm so sorry for what happened to you Eunji.
Rest In Peace lovely lady.
May you and your family get Justice, You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
:rose:

How horrific ... I can't imagine how her family feels, she goes off to further her studies, gets a job to lighten the financial load (and one she had to be at in the very early hours of the morning) .. and this happens! And I presume she had a sponsor family too, being an exchange student. How terrible they must feel too.

RIP Eunji Ban. May justice be served, very swiftly. You didn't deserve for this to happen to you.

:rose:

A young Korean woman was less than 100 metres from a roadside emergency help button when she was bashed to death in Brisbane's CBD in the early hours of Sunday morning

When pressed, the panic button places a call to a council monitoring centre while a nearby CCTV camera zooms in on the immediate area.

“This is a terrible tragedy and the council has made footage available to the Queensland Police Service to assist their investigations,” he said.

“Brisbane is one of the safest cities in the world, but we will continue to invest in programs to make our streets even safer for every single man, woman and child that walks them.”

http://m.smh.com.au/queensland/eunj...rom-emergency-help-button-20131125-2y68q.html

From the above report...

Her family was travelling to Brisbane on Monday after being contacted by the Korean consulate

Rest in peace in the arms of the angels Eunji. Justice will be found for you!

The passer-by reported seeing a shirtless man leaving the park moments before discovering the woman's body, but he has only been able to give police a vague description of the man.
"All we have at this stage is a lone male person of slim build, approximately 180 centimetres in height wearing no shirt," Detective Inspector Tom Armitt said.

"The male was seen to leave through Wickham Park."

Inspector Armitt could not confirm whether the man's shirt had been found in the area.

http://m.smh.com.au/queensland/eunj...rom-emergency-help-button-20131125-2y68q.html

BBM

What do you think? Have they got his shirt? I reckon they might have it. Let's hope they do, then they'll have his DNA and he'll need to be explaining how Eunji Ban's blood was all over his shirt. :please:

BBM

What do you think? Have they got his shirt? I reckon they might have it. Let's hope they do, then they'll have his DNA and he'll need to be explaining how Eunji Ban's blood was all over his shirt. :please:

Lets hope they have the shirt, DNA, and...
a lovely description of all of his tattoos, freckles, birthmarks, piercings, everything!
here's hoping its something like that.

This sounds like a person who has offended before.
Lets hope Eunji had a chance to scratch this guy or bite him or if he had hair, get a fist full - and there is some DNA with her.

This is just such a senseless loss.
:(

Thanks Marlywings and possumheart with the info about the panic buttons.
What a good idea - its a shame that it wasn't able to be utilized.
:(

If there was no weapon involved in inflicting the severe head injuries, as police suspect, then there may be a good chance that the killer's hands/knuckles are pretty messed up.

And he may have been caught leaving the area, or being in the vicinity, on a camera elsewhere. :crossfingers:

One of the articles said that police have been given the CCTV recordings - and that probably means anything in the general vicinity, either side of the park, and beyond.

So it looks to me like the monster was trying to get Eunji into the park then when he realised that he'd killed her he's removed his shirt and taken off. He did manage to drag her up some of the stairs iirc. One photo I saw showed a pool of blood on the footpath opposite the stairs leading to the park. (other side of the road)

POLICE chief Ian Stewart has warned young women not to walk the streets of Brisbane alone after the brutal murder of a young Korean woman.

Commissioner Stewart - who led a wave of sympathy for the family on Monday - urged women to take care on the streets as police tried to identify the killer.

"I'd ask people to take extra precautions, stick to the main thoroughfares … don't go into darkened areas unnecessarily and if possible walk with friends," Mr Stewart said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-girl-eunji-ban/story-fnihsrf2-1226768232710

Police chief Ian Stewart warns Brisbane women not to walk alone following murder of Korean girl Eunji Ban
NOVEMBER 26, 2013 - Courier Mail.com.au

Commissioner Stewart - who led a wave of sympathy for the family on Monday - urged women to take care on the streets as police tried to identify the killer.
"I'd ask people to take extra precautions, stick to the main thoroughfares … don't go into darkened areas unnecessarily and if possible walk with friends," Mr Stewart said.

-----

I'm thinking from the warning that they possibly have a suspect - know how he operates and wouldn't put it past him to do it again.
Wonder if there have been other attacks in the area, or recently around Brisbane.

ETA- Sorry Marly didn't see your post above before hitting the button.

Probably why there are warnings in place at the moment from the Police...

I can see there was another unprovoked attack on the 22nd of October in Ekibin by a man who attacked a jogger.
This is 10 minutes away from where Eunji was attacked.
Im not sure if it is related - but there are a few similarities.

Jogger assaulted on Brisbane bikeway. Read More...
A female jogger was assaulted on a bikeway in Brisbane’s inner-south on Saturday night.
The 27-year-old international medical student was jogging along the South East Freeway bikeway at Annerley about 8.30pm
when she was grabbed from behind and dragged into a nearby grassy area.

It is understood the woman was strangled until she lost consciousness.
She woke to find a man standing next to her.
It is understood he was very apologetic and spoke to her for some time before running away.
The man is described as about 172 centimetres tall with a muscular build and sandy-coloured hair.

-----

Interesting that it was another International Student.
Both in relative darkness - pre-dawn & twilight.
Both women were dragged (to another area)
11 minutes by car - 6.9kms away from each incident
No weapon used - Infliction by hands
Young unaccompanied females (23 & 27)
Weekend (Sat night/Sunday morning)
One month apart
-----
In the warning given by Police - its sounding specific enough for them to have concerns.
Consul Jo also warned Queensland's 12,500-strong South Korean community to "take more careful attention" when going out.
-----

Google Map of Ekibin (jogger) and Wickham Park Albert Street (Eunji Ban)

Looking at the map locations - I wonder. Hmmmm.
I'd be looking for someone getting into a car on the CCTV cameras - there's just a highway that divides these 2 crime locations.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/11/26/update-2-suspicious-death-brisbane-city-murder-charge/

November 26, 2013 at 6:22 am

Detectives investigating the death of a woman in Brisbane City on November 24 have charged a man with murder.

A 19-year-old Spring Hill man is due to appear in Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

A 22-year-old woman, a Korean national, was located deceased in Wickham Park on Sunday morning.

Anyone with information which could assist with this matter should contact Crime Stoppers anonymously via 1800 333 000 or crimestoppers.com.au 24hrs a day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back