GUILTY Australia - Eurydice Dixon, 22. Comedian's Rape And Killing Prompts Anger. June 2018

PastTense

Reaction score
The alleged rape and murder of a young comedian as she walked home at night in Australia has prompted an outpouring of public grief and anger.

The body of Eurydice Dixon, 22, was found at a football field in Melbourne early on Wednesday, only hours after she had performed a gig at a city bar.

A man, 19, has been charged by police.

Comedians and the public have inundated social media with tributes to Ms Dixon, in a case that has reignited local debate about violence against women.
Young comedian's killing shocks Australia
_102033716_79359122-8726-4cec-94b6-73ab02597c1e.jpg

The shattered father of a teenager charged with the alleged rape and murder of Eurydice Dixon says he is 'as appalled as the rest of society' about the brutal attack on the young woman. Jason Todd broke down as he expressed his condolences to the family of Ms Dixon, 22, whose body was found in a Melbourne park in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Mr Todd's son Jaymes, 19, was charged with Ms Dixon's alleged rape and murder.

The father-of-three told Daily Mail Australia that Jaymes still lived at home with him, his mother and their two other boys, and that he hadn't seen his son since the alleged attack in Princes Park, in Carlton North...It's indescribable. It's a very hard time for me and the family, and I feel greatly for Eurydice's family and friends and offer my condolences, ' Mr Todd said. 'There is nothing I can do to change it or make it better, but I wish there was. That comes from our whole family - we're as appalled as the rest of society about what happened to her...

Mr Todd said he did not want to discuss his son's ongoing battle with autism, which was mentioned by his lawyer during a brief court appearance on Thursday.

Jaymes handed himself into police on Wednesday, almost 24 hours after Ms Dixon's body was found. Police say the pair did not know each other.
Eurydice Dixon death: Father of teen accused of murder is 'appalled' | Daily Mail Online

What are people's thoughts on him being responsible for the rape in Parkville? The likeness is startling. I'm guessing the DNA results (if they had any to test from the first victim) have come back? I wonder if he's responsible for any other crimes and what his history is. It's kind of amazing to me that this could just happen first go.

What are people's thoughts on him being responsible for the rape in Parkville? The likeness is startling. I'm guessing the DNA results (if they had any to test from the first victim) have come back? I wonder if he's responsible for any other crimes and what his history is. It's kind of amazing to me that this could just happen first go.

Was there big media around that one? I'm outside of Melbourne and unsure if I've heard of it. Pretty big first go if Eurydice was in fact his first victim.

I wonder why he handed himself in though. Was it the media attention? Did someone tell him they recognised him from the CCTV pics? Or was he actually feeling remorseful?

It's just so frightening.

I think they may have been **advertiser censored* report but i don't recall a press conference or anything. I'm assuming rates of sexual assault in the area are quite high due to it being so close to Melbourne Uni and RMIT. Potentially the age of the offender didn't make it seem very newsworthy.

I got the impression he had no choice because his images were being shared constantly on social media.

Was there big media around that one? I'm outside of Melbourne and unsure if I've heard of it. Pretty big first go if Eurydice was in fact his first victim.

I wonder why he handed himself in though. Was it the media attention? Did someone tell him they recognised him from the CCTV pics? Or was he actually feeling remorseful?

I saw it on ABC news on the website on the day she was found without looking for it so I think the news was Australia wide. Checking the news website the Australian and SMH both had early articles.

Sex crime is nearly always preceded by voyeurism and public groping.

Eurydice Dixon's murderer will not be sentenced until late this year because the judge, his lawyer and a leading psychologist all have holidays booked.

Prosecutor Nanette Rogers SC on Tuesday asked the Supreme Court for an adjournment to obtain a psychiatric report on Jaymes Todd, who pleaded guilty to murder and three sexual offences in November.

The Melbourne comedian was raped and murdered in Carlton North's Princes Park while walking home from a comedy club gig in the city on June 12 last year.

Eurydice Dixon’s family will have to wait for FIVE MONTHS for justice so key players have time off | Daily Mail Online

Well this is it. If we're going to diagnose every guy who is aroused by violent *advertiser censored* with sexual sadism disorder, then we'll be diagnosing every guy who watches mainstream *advertiser censored*. I am glad however that this diagnosis overshadows his autism diagnosis, as the suggestion that his autism was the 'reason' for the crime were so offensive.

If Autism is the new psychopathy/sociopathy - of course, this is a figure of speech - Then society has a very big problem on its hands. It was only a matter of time for this Perp. Violent, debasing *advertiser censored* is the norm. From the sexual revolution, of course, humans took it too far, as they take everything too far, and hedonism has become a bigger problem than people perceive because a lot of people fall into hedonism, therefore it's not perceived as hedonism, as the same could be said for decadence.
Sad to say, I think the problem in Australia, when it comes to violent crimes of a sexual nature, will increase. This country has not done its citizens favours with its mental health system, and growing socioeconomic divide, and there have been consequences.

If Autism is the new psychopathy/sociopathy - of course, this is a figure of speech - Then society has a very big problem on its hands. It was only a matter of time for this Perp. Violent, debasing *advertiser censored* is the norm. From the sexual revolution, of course, humans took it too far, as they take everything too far, and hedonism has become a bigger problem than people perceive because a lot of people fall into hedonism, therefore it's not perceived as hedonism, as the same could be said for decadence.
Sad to say, I think the problem in Australia, when it comes to violent crimes of a sexual nature, will increase. This country has not done its citizens favours with its mental health system, and growing socioeconomic divide, and there have been consequences.
I totally agree.

He was today sentenced to life in prison but will be eligible for parole after 35 years behind bars for crimes that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Kaye described as "categorically evil".

Judge finds Eurydice Dixon's killer has low chance of rehabilitation

Violent *advertiser censored* searches prior to killing
There it is again - violent *advertiser censored*.

Last edited:
Well this is it. If we're going to diagnose every guy who is aroused by violent *advertiser censored* with sexual sadism disorder, then we'll be diagnosing every guy who watches mainstream *advertiser censored*. I am glad however that this diagnosis overshadows his autism diagnosis, as the suggestion that his autism was the 'reason' for the crime were so offensive.

It's so offensive. And when people use it as an excuse for their own offending, they make life harder for the 99% of people with autism just trying to get by in life, often with huge obstacles in their path. And people with autism absolutely know right from wrong (people with ASD who also have serious intellectual disability notwithstanding, but if you're smart enough to know how to browse and watch *advertiser censored* then you're not the intellectually disabled person I'm talking about). My son with severe ASD and intellectual disability knows not to hurt people, and to be gentle.

I'm honestly a bit tired of lots of things being used as excuses tbh ... people make choices. People need to be accountable for those choices. And a life sentence is 100% appropriate in this case.

He was today sentenced to life in prison but will be eligible for parole after 35 years behind bars for crimes that Supreme Court Justice Stephen Kaye described as "categorically evil".

Judge finds Eurydice Dixon's killer has low chance of rehabilitation

Violent *advertiser censored* searches prior to killing
There it is again - violent *advertiser censored*.
Ahh. Ted Bundy attributed his fantasies to *advertiser censored*, and I believe there's a significant correlation between violent *advertiser censored* and some of the issues that culminate to create such a disturbance of personality. The key element being, the lack of empathy, and hedonistic culture. There's been some confusion surrounding the more aggressive nature of sex. That confusion being, that aggressive sex is NOT about one-sided pleasure, and degradation was a turn on for BOTH people involved (or any people involved). It has become demeaning and not aggressive, but violent. Violence suggests a lack of empathy. Violence can really only mean one person is enjoying the interaction, otherwise, it's called a fetish.
This lack of empathy during sexual encounters is being spread and becoming the norm. So when fantasy does not provide the satisfaction that it once did, it's obvious what the next step for the extreme personalities becomes. Yet, because of the exposure that this form of *advertiser censored* has received, it's not just extreme personalities that deviate away from fantasy to reality. It's society. Society has created this. Since industrialization and the dominance of capitalism in western society, sorry to sound cliche, but the perp here is just a product of society that's incrementally getting worse. Autism seems to be a growing concern in western societies. I raise this point because the accumulating issues that create autism contain the lack of empathy. Empathy can be seen as a weakness unless employed in underhanded ways. Isn't autism just an adaptation of capitalism and western society? Or global society?

Ahh. Ted Bundy attributed his fantasies to *advertiser censored*, and I believe there's a significant correlation between violent *advertiser censored* and some of the issues that culminate to create such a disturbance of personality. The key element being, the lack of empathy, and hedonistic culture. There's been some confusion surrounding the more aggressive nature of sex. That confusion being, that aggressive sex is NOT about one-sided pleasure, and degradation was a turn on for BOTH people involved (or any people involved). It has become demeaning and not aggressive, but violent. Violence suggests a lack of empathy. Violence can really only mean one person is enjoying the interaction, otherwise, it's called a fetish.
This lack of empathy during sexual encounters is being spread and becoming the norm. So when fantasy does not provide the satisfaction that it once did, it's obvious what the next step for the extreme personalities becomes. Yet, because of the exposure that this form of *advertiser censored* has received, it's not just extreme personalities that deviate away from fantasy to reality. It's society. Society has created this. Since industrialization and the dominance of capitalism in western society, sorry to sound cliche, but the perp here is just a product of society that's incrementally getting worse. Autism seems to be a growing concern in western societies. I raise this point because the accumulating issues that create autism contain the lack of empathy. Empathy can be seen as a weakness unless employed in underhanded ways. Isn't autism just an adaptation of capitalism and western society? Or global society?

I do think empathy has a party to play, however we must be careful when talking about autism and empathy. The type of empathy that I think we're all concerned about is referred to as 'affective empathy', that is the feeling/emotive kind, when you can feel what someone else is experiencing, which people on the spectrum certainly experience, and often to a greater extent than neurotypical people.

Whereas people on the spectrum may have impaired 'cognitive empathy', which refers to the ability to understand someone's experience, based on facial expression, speech, body language, etc.

Affective empathy is the source of compassion and altruistic behaviour, arguably, your conscience, so this is the deficit we're concerned with in people like Jaymes Todd.

Add touch of narcissism and a whole lot of INCEL entitlement to the mix (which IMO is the low self-esteem/external locus of control response to female empowerment) and bam, he's taking what he thinks he deserves.

I find it extremely interesting that all of the worst crimes we're seeing in western society (murders, mass shootings), seem to fit the same profile: white, young, anti-social men. Entitlement (or extreme felt loss of entitlement) must play a part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back