Found Deceased Australia - Jackson Stacker, 26, Sleepy Hollow, 25 Aug 2021

The van can be traced. The police may someday be looking for it. If you just the stuff inside you just take it.
Phones and computers can be traced
IMO, if the van has been there for four weeks and people drive past it and see it still there for four weeks, of course someone will burgle it. It is a wonder it is still there with the keys in the ignition.
yeah totally I get that. But how do we know the robbery and his death weren’t connected?

surely a proper investigation to rule that out? Cos again, a van that’s been sitting there for 4 weeks, and has been robbed, and then the owner of the van turns up deceased in the proximity of the van.

it could be an accident, but it also might not?

The van can be traced. The police may someday be looking for it. If you just the stuff inside you just take it.
True. But if I’m leaving my keys in the ignition of the car then I’m probably not locking it? So why smash the window to burgle it?
Maybe someone took the belongings originally and locked the van not realising keys were still in ignition to cause questions (maybe to make it look like Jackson took his stuff and left the van) then others came and smashed into it to see what they could find?

I just screen shot this from one of the videos I posted. Maybe this is how they’re so clear it is not suspicious? Cos there’s 24 hour cctv there! I assume it’s been checked?

Attachments

• 6DB0C48F-72DC-4F98-BB20-C84F8A726BC4.jpeg
    6DB0C48F-72DC-4F98-BB20-C84F8A726BC4.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 18
Some various things -

The kind of people who will bust a window and grab some stuff out of a car are different from the kind of people who will steal a car, even one with the keys in it

The keys being in the ignition but the window also being broken does suggest couple likely scenarios, possibly Jackson was asleep in the locked van and someone broke a window in order to assault him but it's also possible that he accidentally locked himself out of the van.

Phones are in fact pretty easily traced and taking a victim's phone is one of the dumbest things a killer can do, yet they do it pretty often so we can't take that as a definitive indication whether or not the burglary was related to the death

If Jackson was attacked inside the van there might be blood. Hopefully it's being examined thoroughly.

I don't now what the typical turn around time for the medical examiner is there. Maybe the slow development is normal? Hopefully continued need of this case can pressure the local law enforcement community to do a thorough job with their investigation.

Some various things -

The kind of people who will bust a window and grab some stuff out of a car are different from the kind of people who will steal a car, even one with the keys in it

The keys being in the ignition but the window also being broken does suggest couple likely scenarios, possibly Jackson was asleep in the locked van and someone broke a window in order to assault him but it's also possible that he accidentally locked himself out of the van.

Phones are in fact pretty easily traced and taking a victim's phone is one of the dumbest things a killer can do, yet they do it pretty often so we can't take that as a definitive indication whether or not the burglary was related to the death

If Jackson was attacked inside the van there might be blood. Hopefully it's being examined thoroughly.

I don't now what the typical turn around time for the medical examiner is there. Maybe the slow development is normal? Hopefully continued need of this case can pressure the local law enforcement community to do a thorough job with their investigation.

Funny you mention that they take phones regardless of how easy the are to track.
Ive wondered since we can’t work out how the family was contacted, maybe the perp called the family off Jackson’s own phone? He would have numbers saved under “mum” and “dad” surely.
Maybe a guilty conscience got the better of them?

Funny you mention that they take phones regardless of how easy the are to track.
Ive wondered since we can’t work out how the family was contacted, maybe the perp called the family off Jackson’s own phone? He would have numbers saved under “mum” and “dad” surely.
Maybe a guilty conscience got the better of them?
Hmm, never thought about getting the phone number that way! Nice!

cos again, someone got the family’s number, and enquired about the van being for sale! And while there are only a few pics of Jackson’s van on MSM, I cannot see a for sale sign? Doesn’t mean there wasn’t one I get that.

I wonder if anyone that had seen the van in the 4 weeks it was at that rest stop noticed a for sale sign, and if there were any more calls about the perspective sale of Jackson’s van? Or was it just the one lone enquiry?

cos remember the phone enquiry was enough of a shock to the family that it immediately made them act and put a missing persons report out!

which tragically lead to Jackson being found deceased

I'm a bit of an NBL tragic and sometimes watch old NBL games that are uploaded to YouTube. Last night I was watching a game from 2002 where the Townsville coach (Ian Stacker) was interviewed by Fox Sports post-match. In the interview, a young Jackson Stacker is being held by his Dad the coach. He's probably about 4 years old here - go to 01:53:00 here if you want to see:

Obviously this is not related to the investigation, but it's confronting to see him in this footage as a young, innocent boy with his whole life ahead of him. And then to think his life would end a short 20 years later - alone in a field off a highway rest-stop, unnoticed for a month. It's incredibly sad.

I'm a bit of an NBL tragic and sometimes watch old NBL games that are uploaded to YouTube. Last night I was watching a game from 2002 where the Townsville coach (Ian Stacker) was interviewed by Fox Sports post-match. In the interview, a young Jackson Stacker is being held by his Dad the coach. He's probably about 4 years old here - go to 01:53:00 here if you want to see:

Obviously this is not related to the investigation, but it's confronting to see him in this footage as a young, innocent boy with his whole life ahead of him. And then to think his life would end a short 20 years later - alone in a field off a highway rest-stop, unnoticed for a month. It's incredibly sad.
Awwwww he was a little cutie.
IS is still posting in pages locally on Facebook looking for info on Jackson’s phone and computer. It would be amazing one or both of them finally turned up.

suicide by stabbing is very rare, for obvious reasons. you only really see it with the severely mentally ill and/or psychotic (of note jackson had past incidents of drug-induced psychosis). if he had been found earlier, there would be ways of determining self inflicted vs homicide...things like hesitation wounds, angle of blade being consistent with ones own hand, only self DNA/self fingerprints on blade hilt, defensive wounds on hands/arms, etc. But because he was skeletal, i worry the coroners inquest will come up as inconclusive again. i think this case will be made or broken by the cellphone data/forensics/someone talking.

suicide by stabbing is very rare, for obvious reasons. you only really see it with the severely mentally ill and/or psychotic (of note jackson had past incidents of drug-induced psychosis). if he had been found earlier, there would be ways of determining self inflicted vs homicide...things like hesitation wounds, angle of blade being consistent with ones own hand, only self DNA/self fingerprints on blade hilt, defensive wounds on hands/arms, etc. But because he was skeletal, i worry the coroners inquest will come up as inconclusive again. i think this case will be made or broken by the cellphone data/forensics/someone talking.
Agree. Hadn’t heard about that other phone that was found!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kolse
Back