GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bag is another thing I can't shake. I don't believe there is any way the bag was missed in the initial searching, so the only possibility is that it was planted at a later time. The question is why? Jill was obviously seen nearby to here, so if it is to throw the police of the case I believe the perp would have planted it somewhere nowhere near where the actual crime took place.

On the other hand, a random stranger could have found the bag and took it with the intention of returning it (or stealing anything of value in it), then freaked out when they saw Jill all over the news and decided to put it near where they found it so as not to draw suspicion to themselves. But why dispose of it there? I would hope that if the person who put it there had nothing to do with Jill's disappearance, they would come forward and let the police know where exactly they had found the bag to begin with. The only reason I could think of for not coming forward would be a guilty conscience (not necessarily because they knew what had happened to Jill, but maybe because they had picked the bag off the street with the intention of stealing its contents), but the question again is, why place the bag here? Why not throw it away? To place the bag here would surely be a much more risky move, as you would expect the area was being watched and examined to find clues relating to Jill's disappearance.

Another possibility is that the perp put it there as a big "F" you to the police. Trying to show they're smarter than LE, and they have the upper hand. To me, this makes the most sense, but it scares me because if this is what happened, we have a very brazen perp on our hands.

The bag's definitely a wild card in this case. No reason I come up with makes any sense at all.

Oh, and WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS!!! :greetings:

maybe someone random found it discarded where police searchers had missed it, and put it there in case the owner came looking for it?
if i find a childs toy or sock on the street i put it up on a ledge or fence so its safe and can be seen if they pass by again, and would do the same if i found someones bag etc and possibly hang it on a tree branch, so the bag appearing days later may not be suspicious.

Originally Posted by alioop
Thanks for pointing out it is a steep hill. Google Earth doesn't show me that.
I have been thinking for some time that the MSM reports of her being a 5 minute walk to get home from the bar is just not correct. It would take a fair bit longer to walk at the best of times, much longer in those shoes after a few drinks. How long do any locals reckon it would have taken to walk slowly from the bar to Lux Way?

I WORK NEAR BY SYDNEY RD IT TAKES ME 8 MINUTES TO WALK 750 METERS - MY SON LEAVES AT 400 METERS NORTH BUT WAS HOME 1 HOUR EARLY... 5KM AN HOUR -

IN 15 MINUTES SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOME IN MY OWN OPINION EVEN WITH HEELS-
UNLESS SHE DESAPPEAR 3 MINUTES BEFORE GETTING HONE-

AND I FIND VERY STRANGE ALL THOSE MANY CALLS SO CLOSE TO THE CRUCIAL TIME -

Police on the news tonight said they have looked at other CCTV footage but nothing of Jill has turned up after this one . Just the timing of this is unbelievable . She stops outside the o e place with cameras to make the call .just as this guy confronts her ! Amazing !

I don't think he has his hood up at any of the times he walks past. I can see the black of his shirt at the back of his neck which wouldn't be seen if he had his hood up. I can also see his bare head.

Have another look at YouTube footage. I didn't notice it at all and have watched lots of times. Then I watched again after I saw the comment.

That picture absolutely blows my mind, every time. She was SO CLOSE to home.

Generally the closer people get to home the more they let their guard down. And if this were a walk she did often, I doubt she realized how much danger she was in.

Where are you, Jill? :(

it's the same guy, totally. She could know him, neighbour or someone from the bar.
If he didn't have a car, she could be kept hostage somewhere close, laying hurt in a disused area. I pray the police are bombarded with info. In the footage bh looks agitated, pushy urging her to hurry and follow. She had no hope of running in those shoes but i bet they could have injured him. What is in his right hand, something small & black.
I'm so worried and sad for this little sweetheart Jill. Oh I wish she could have got to the Turkish shop for help. I'm sure the hooded jerk would have met his match and more! Or she's asked the guy with the black sweater for stay around.
Yes I'm one who thought it could 60/40 have been hubby but I've swung away.
I feel the police have lots of info now.
Time is of the essence it's been nearly one week.
If anyone has any ESP feelings, is Jill hurt somewhere?

Ok - here's one for your investigoogling, Alioop and others :)

Open a browser tab and go to

maps.google.com

So you're looking at Google Maps as opposed to Google Earth. Theoretically, the imagery should be the same, from the same servers. But if you go to Hope St Brunswick Victoria, and frame up on that area of interest, with the Duchess Boutique near the bottom of your screen, Hope St near the top, and Ovens St near the left.

Now you'll see the laneway where the handbag was found - and it has two cars in it, one of which is a white car, and one black. it would be a reasonable assumption that the white car is a regular there, and is the same one beside which the bag was found.

The thing that concerns me somewhat is that heading down that laneway leads to various waste lots, some with fences (and we can't see how high they are on the top down view), and this conglomeration of empty lots, and waste ground leads all the way back down towards the back of - the Duchess Boutique. There are a couple of sheds out the back of the Boutique and number 519 next door, plus several skips (dumpsters) laying around the area. It looks pretty desolate, and would be unlit, I assume.

I've never been there, so I don't know how this translates to conditions on the ground - has anyone here been down that lane to the end and explored at all?

It just looks like the sort of place where you'd drag somebody if your intention was of the nasty variety. I wonder if that's where poor Jill was dragged? I'm sure the police would have searched that entire area twice over at least, though...

maybe someone random found it discarded where police searchers had missed it, and put it there in case the owner came looking for it?
if i find a childs toy or sock on the street i put it up on a ledge or fence so its safe and can be seen if they pass by again, and would do the same if i found someones bag etc and possibly hang it on a tree branch, so the bag appearing days later may not be suspicious.

If a honest person found it, surely they would have taken the bag to the nearby police station even knowing nothing about Jill's disappearance. It had her credit card in it didn't it? I wouldn't leave that just sitting in a lost bag for some person to steal it.

Hey all...

I have been following this case with much interest from the outset as well as following this discussion thread. As with most of you on here my opinion on what actually happened to Jill has fluctuated from one extreme to the other as events have unfolded.

I follow many cases and have a reasonable understanding of how these things play out. This case to me is by far the most baffling I have come across. With all the information we now have there are a number of scenarios that fit the facts, this is what makes this unfortunately so intriguing.

I have discussed this at length with my better half and we feel there is nothing suspicious around Jill going out without her husband. We go out separately, particuarly on a Friday night as it generally involves after work drinks. Again nothing of note around just taking her phone and card, my missus on occassions will take from her purse (wallet) only what she needs and put those items in her bag. No issues around her refusing a walk home, it's her local and she has walked the walk on many occasions.

Here's what I find odd - and I have no answers just questions.

From the CCTV clearly something is happening on the street which Jill, blue hoody and man looking back has seen and seem to look at over a period of time. With the mass media involved in the search, posters locally and Jill's striking features why have these witnesses that the police are now looking to not come forward previously...?

If she is feeling threatened from blue hoody and makes a call in the hope it will usher him away, why call her brother in Perth and not mention this incident. Why not call her hubby who is just round the corner...?

The handbag. If it has been placed to confuse the police why place it within a stones throw of where a potential abduction took place. Would it make more sense to go to the other side of town well away from where any offence may have taken place...?

The woman in the Turkish take-away heard a scream, presumably above the sound of her customers and the busy Sydney Road and if it was Jill she would have been on Hope Street. Why have no residents from the quieter Hope Street corroborated this story...?

Why are the Police and Tom Meagher not facing the cameras together. In other cases we have seen an official press conference with perhaps a model or mannaquin dressed like Jill, specific times and places highlighted to jog peoples memories...

That's my three ha'pennys worth for now. I have no idea how this will play out other than sadly knowing the longer it does the graver my fears for Jill.

A note on Tom. My other half and I have discussed his actions. We found it odd that he just kept calling her. In that situation I would call my missus and after not getting any luck call friends. We are also intrigued about where one would "drive around looking". If you know she was just round the corner where would you drive. Having said that, there is something I learnt from the Madeleine McCann case when the parents were castigated for their narcissistic behaviour. There is no standard way to react to these situations other than behaving the way one always behaves, i.e. if you are narcissistic by nature you remain narcissistic when dealing with a tragic situation. Tom would appear to be an over worrier, hence his actions are those of an over worrier and not those of someone trying to hide something.

Truly I hope for the sake of the families this turns out in the end to be that one good news story we'd all like it to be.

:welcome: DSKnight!

Insightful post! Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out it is a steep hill. Google Earth doesn't show me that.
I have been thinking for some time that the MSM reports of her being a 5 minute walk to get home from the bar is just not correct. It would take a fair bit longer to walk at the best of times, much longer in those shoes after a few drinks. How long do any locals reckon it would have taken to walk slowly from the bar to Lux Way?

Alli it was mentioned it was 800 metres. That's close on a kilometre, up hill in killer shoes. That's a fair hike late at night!

I tried to get a couple of shots of bh's face, here are the results. Sorry for the poor resolution.

Attachments

• face4.jpg
    face4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 135
  • face2.jpg
    face2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 101
  • face.jpg
    face.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 97
  • face3.png
    face3.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 89
Yes Doc I see that too now you point it out and its odd because the face just disappears. One frame it is there and the next it isn't.
Sorry to quote my own post but the counter on the cctv goes from .47 to .52 at the spot where his face disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle