GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a LOT of very careless tweeting going on! Things like "Alleged killer" when we don't even know if she is alive or not.

Everyone needs to be really careful - a defence team would have a ball with all these tweets and the effect on a potential jury

Agree totally Doc. Just like with Bayden-Clay, I feared, and was angry about it, that all the discussion of domestic violence was going to hand him a manslaughter charge. When I thought: Innocent until proven guilty, but if guilty it was premeditated murder.

All I can say is brilliant work by Vic police, Jills family and friends, websleuths and the general public who have all contributed to keeping Jills disappearance fresh in everyones minds.

Lets hope they find Jill soon.

I do beleive we are all on standby ;)
(snipped by me)

Well i believe i am feeling totally mental today - I physically cannot move away from the computer or televison hoping that a news reporter says Jill has been found alive. Is it usual for there to be over 30000 views for someone missing??????
The kids have been given strict instructions not to go anywhere near my laptop and not to change the channel from ABC news channel.
I applaud everyone for caring about a stranger - which im sure for so many of you is from the other side of the world. I only enjoyed websleuths this morning and i like you already :blushing: LOL

I'd say she based early 30s on what she saw in the CCTV footage.
I had presumed she based early 30's on when she says she saw him in person in July when she says he tried to pull her off her bike.

hi all.....another person here has told me that they also heard the same as me re the red car..........something is definitely happening there, so I dont really want to mention it too much as all reference to red car has vashined.....but I am thinking that this guy is responsible for the other attacks and the rape and it was something to do with that.....and wow hey, they have been interviewing all day.....those police hey, you really never know what is really going on.............can understand why

This feels like a virtual slumber party....

But the scary story is a real one... not a made up one! :(

hi all.....another person here has told me that they also heard the same as me re the red car..........something is definitely happening there, so I dont really want to mention it too much as all reference to red car has vashined.....but I am thinking that this guy is responsible for the other attacks and the rape and it was something to do with that.....and wow hey, they have been interviewing all day.....those police hey, you really never know what is really going on.............can understand why
Thanks for checking on the red car...

We may find it has been instrumental in more than one assault!

I hope they are also talking to other possible accomplices if there are any as that may be the only way they can get one of them to cooperate. Police may have been interviewing BH for hours but he may refuse to cooperate.

All I can say is brilliant work by Vic police, Jills family and friends, websleuths and the general public who have all contributed to keeping Jills disappearance fresh in everyones minds.

Lets hope they find Jill soon.

Agree :) and despite the opinion in media about the benefits or otherwise of 'amateurs', the old saying 'two heads are better than one' rings true here. Police don't have to pay any attention to social media, it's not compulsory. There is no doubt that saturation coverage must help to bring witnesses forward and even follow different lines of investigation.

It's just possible that had this happened 20-odd years ago, Milat would not have had so many victims. :-(

wonder how they found him....someone has a good snitch/informer?

There is a LOT of very careless tweeting going on! Things like "Alleged killer" when we don't even know if she is alive or not.

Everyone needs to be really careful - a defence team would have a ball with all these tweets and the effect on a potential jury

Agreed Doc. I've just read the "Alleged Killer" title elsewhere and it really annoys me. People reporting this stuff should take a minute to think about Jill's husband and family. I'm sure they would be holding out all hope that Jill is still alive.

This bloke has been arrested in relation to Jill's disappearance. He's not been charged with anything yet. IMO that will come later tonight. In cases like this where the police believe an indictable offence has been committed, their first course of action is to conduct a taped video interview with the alleged perp. Depending on what evidence police have and what this bloke has to say, he could then be charged.

I have full faith in the Vic. Police and I'm betting this guy is now wishing he'd never left home that night.

MOO.

Needless to say, the Twitterverse has gone berserk. But lots of re-tweets, and only a few variations on the theme. And still several referring to the "arrest of the alleged killer of Jill Meagher" - which is wrong. There have still been no charges laid, and Jill is still just "missing".

Anyone else got a Twitter feed running? If you have a Twitter account - as this is where the news will break first no doubt - just run a search for "Jill Meagher" without the quotes. Not all the tweets are using the hashtag of #jillmeagher

They're flying through at the moment, faster than I can read them....

But I'm just watching for any changes to the general theme, with fresh info.

I'm so pleased this site is so victim friendly. Other sites had her husband headed for the gallows. The poor, poor man. What hell he's living :(

They're not just Twitter rumours. The Police media unit have released an official statement informing the public of an arrest. They wouldn't faff about with stuff like that.

They know who it is, he hasn't been charged with anything other than abduction - my guess is to hold him until further charges can be laid.

One noteable media outlet are reporting the man is 'refusing to co-operate'.

'The Age believes the man is refusing to co-operate with police'.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...eagher-case-20120927-26nu7.html#ixzz27fDt34w6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley