Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm not quite following. So this new story blaming Mutten for the shooting has arisen in court, not during a police interview?
Stein has tried to blame Kallista since his arrest.

This article dated 13th May, 2022….

“After Mr Stein's arrest, the court heard, he pointed the finger at Ms Mutten and told police his fiancée had shot and killed her own daughter.”

I have wondered if further charges (eg child neglect) will come after this trial??? Is KM being used as a witness for the prosecution in this case, and then when this trial is finalised the police may charge her???

JMO…..

The book needs to be thrown at the both of them.

Stein says that Mutten was on an 'ice binge' for a week and he's on medication for heroin addiction.

How on earth the custodial grandparents thought it was a good idea to send her unaccompanied into that environment is an eternal mystery to me.

Then we have this statement from March 2022…

Bombshell twist in case of murdered schoolgirl Charlise Mutten as lawyer for accused stepfather claims ANOTHER person may have been involved​

This article from news.com gives a good timeline as alleged by police.

This bit about her being unwell appears to me to be related to the discovery of traces of schizophrenia medication in Charlise's body:

The officer asks when the last time Ms Mutten saw her daughter. Ms Mutten, still crying, said “two nights ago”.

She was here (the Mount Wilson property) … I wasn’t here, my partner was here and during the morning she was really … she was sort of sick, lethargic, and I was two-and-a-half hours away,” Ms Mutten said.

“Justin and the lady that came over to do the auction for his mum … he asked if she could mind her while he went and got me because he didn’t want her in the car because she’d been throwing up.”

The first story told to the police was that Charlise was last seen on the verandah at Wildenstein.
Then a real estate person took her.
Then she never went to Wildenstein in the first place.
Then she went to Wildenstein and KM killed her.

Charlise Mutten was last seen on Thursday afternoon on the verandah of a five-hectare wedding venue in Mount Wilson, in the Blue Mountains ....

Clearly, Stein is a compulsive liar:

January 13, 2022

. . .

Ms Mutten returned to the Mount Wilson property about 5.47am when the jury was told there was a “confrontation” between the couple. Ms Mutten again took off in Mr Stein’s car, prompting him to leave eight voicemails on her phone.

“If you don’t bring it back I am going to *advertiser censored*king hurt you as well as everyone else, and I’ll tell the police you’re the one who took your daughter so they will bring back my *advertiser censored*king car,” the recording, which was played to the jury, said.
. . .
January 14 – 10.21am

. . .

“Going off my gut I think it’s got something to do with Kallista and her family.”

Mr Stein later suggested criminal associates from his past with “bad blood” may have been responsible for the girl’s disappearance, the jury was told.

Clearly, Stein is a compulsive liar:

January 13, 2022

. . .

Ms Mutten returned to the Mount Wilson property about 5.47am when the jury was told there was a “confrontation” between the couple. Ms Mutten again took off in Mr Stein’s car, prompting him to leave eight voicemails on her phone.

“If you don’t bring it back I am going to *advertiser censored*king hurt you as well as everyone else, and I’ll tell the police you’re the one who took your daughter so they will bring back my *advertiser censored*king car,” the recording, which was played to the jury, said.
. . .
January 14 – 10.21am

. . .

“Going off my gut I think it’s got something to do with Kallista and her family.”

Mr Stein later suggested criminal associates from his past with “bad blood” may have been responsible for the girl’s disappearance, the jury was told.

Yep, add to SA's list Justin's proffered theories that Charlise's father took her and that K took Charlise to hide her from the father; and that either way he thought Charlise was alive and well.

Charlise Mutten was shot in the cheek, her body bound and put into a barrel that was then filled with sand and dumped down an embankment, a jury has been told.

Senior Constable Graham Gray told the court the barrel was opened to find it was three-quarters filled with “light coloured sand”.

“Another officer used her hand to move the sand from one side to the other and located what appeared to be human remains,” he told the court on Wednesday.

Former NSW Police crime scene officer Mitchell James told the jury Charlise’s body was head down in the barrel in the foetal position.

She was “bound” in a number of bloodstained wrappings and black garbage bags, the court heard.

A black plastic bag was also found in the barrel containing vegetation and soil, which had apparent blood staining, Mr James told the court.

“The body was found in a decomposed state ... a regular bullet wound was into her right cheek ... it struck and dislodged a tooth,” Mr James said.

The gunshot had travelled into her head and was lodged into the skull, with lead bullet fragments recovered from her head, the jury was told.

Mr James told the court she also had a gunshot wound on her lower left back near the hip area.

The second bullet at perforated the pelvic bone, he told the jury.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

From October 2022….

Mother of alleged murder victim Charlise Mutten avoids jail over home invasion​

By Mark Reddie
Posted Tue 25 Oct 2022 at 2:23pmTuesday

Kallista Mutten, 39, had a support worker at her side as she walked into Campbelltown Court, in Sydney's south-west, this morning.

Ms Mutten — who is receiving treatment for drugs and alcohol at a "live-in" centre — did not speak to journalists as she made her way into the building.

The court heard the robbery happened at a Mount Wilson property in August 2021 in front of a "vulnerable elderly person", and, that several family antique items were also stolen.

It's alleged her former fiance, Justin Stein, stole the guns from the property, and that Ms Mutton was with him.

Ms Mutten's lawyer, Bet Turgut, told the court her client was prepared to give evidence against Mr Stein in future proceedings.

"These are very tragic circumstances and Ms Mutten is attempting to put her life back on track," Ms Turgut said.“

The book needs to be thrown at the both of them.

Stein says that Mutten was on an 'ice binge' for a week and he's on medication for heroin addiction.

How on earth the custodial grandparents thought it was a good idea to send her unaccompanied into that environment is an eternal mystery to me.
Perhaps they are both skilled and cunning liars.

Ms Mutten's lawyer, Bet Turgut, told the court her client was prepared to give evidence against Mr Stein in future proceedings.
BBM

It does make you wonder if a deal was done with the prosecution???

———————-

Wrapped in that blue tarpaulin, buried only centimetres under the ground, were the two guns and ammunition.
There was also a small piece of silver.
"I describe it as in the shape of a 'C'," Gray told the NSW Supreme Court on Wednesday.

A rifle Gray found was brought into the Parramatta courtroom as it became evidence in Stein's trial.
Justice Helen Wilson reassured the jury the gun was unloaded and could not do any damage before jurors passed it between themselves.

Pictures of the buried guns were previously shown to Stein's mother at Katoomba Police Station, the jury heard on Tuesday.

Guessing that the Police consider the “rifle” as the murder weapon??

As so far, the reporting does not suggest the jury have been shown 2 weapons..

I wonder when the “gun / rifle forensics” will come to light ???

IMO

Last edited:
The alleged murder weapon - a BSA .22 calibre bolt-action rifle, which had been wrapped in plastic with its magazine, ammunition and scope - was also shown to the jury, who were allowed to handle it as they passed it around.

The alleged murder weapon - a BSA .22 calibre bolt-action rifle, which had been wrapped in plastic with its magazine, ammunition and scope - was also shown to the jury, who were allowed to handle it as they passed it around.

That whole article….. OMG! Her little face must have been blown in half…. Only her left earring in place….. arghhhh the tears just flow for the poor little angel…..

I despair and do hold this mother responsible for failing her daughter. Her daughter was safe with her grandparents, if you are battling addiction, visit your daughter there when you are clean. Also just feel angry that she took the time to dye her hair pink.

Last edited:
Almost caught in the act of burying the stolen guns?

"Mr Hutt told the jury he was walking through the bush looking for stones when his dog ran up ahead of him.
After following the dog, Mr Hutt told the jury he found Mr Stein lying face down in a “culvert” or dip in the ground.
“I observed he was trying to hide from me but I couldn’t say that for sure … the way he was lying down,” Mr Hutt said.

He told the jury he saw a “spade or shovel” as well as a “bag or a case” but couldn’t categorically say.
The jury previously heard police found items buried in the vicinity of that same area, which had been stolen from a nearby Mount Wilson property ... "

"Mr Hutt told the jury he was walking through the bush looking for stones when his dog ran up ahead of him.
After following the dog, Mr Hutt told the jury he found Mr Stein lying face down in a “culvert” or dip in the ground.
“I observed he was trying to hide from me but I couldn’t say that for sure … the way he was lying down,” Mr Hutt said.

He told the jury he saw a “spade or shovel” as well as a “bag or a case” but couldn’t categorically say.
The jury previously heard police found items buried in the vicinity of that same area, which had been stolen from a nearby Mount Wilson property ... "

From the same articles.

Neighbour of the Mount Wilson property Tony Hutt told the jury on Wednesday of an encounter he had with Mr Stein a month before Charlise went missing.

The jury previously heard police found items buried in the vicinity of that same area, which had been stolen from a nearby Mount Wilson property by Ms Mutten and Mr Stein in August 2021.

If Mr Hutt while walking through the bush with his dog sees JS and a shovel. Were some of the items being buried those guns from the robbery - because what was JS's plans for those in the future? JMO

That's just what Mr Hutt says. There could be another version of that story, that Justin saw Mr Hutt coming along carrying a spade and a case, and because this seemed like suspicious behaviour Justin jumped into a ditch to hide. And then Mr Hutt made Justin promise not to tell anybody, which he was glad to do because he's always getting landed with other people's crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913