Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly I doubt that it’s coincidence that he was using adult apps on the night / morning when this little girl is thought to have died. I think that’s probably the whole motivation theme behind this horrible case. I also think he’s a very experienced liar and manipulator, and going by what we’ve heard about his cheating etc, possibly also hypersexual. God it’s grim. That poor girl.

I also doubt it is a coincidence that the police said the post mortem examination would determine the "purpose" of Charlise's murder.
Along with the later publicly announced charges due to items found on his phone, I think the police have alluded to, in as many ways as they can, what happened to this innocent young girl. :(

"Post-mortem examination to determine the cause and “purpose” of Charlise’s death is expected to take roughly a week, police say."

KM must have been very gullible (and fell for JS version of the story) and also careless, putting her own need for drugs before caring for the child. As the carer at the time (KM) to not be aware of or request the number of the person (in this day and age where everyone has a personal mobile phone) who is looking after the child in your care who is sick, is incomprehensible.
I have a very different idea of the relationship between K and Justin. I don't think it was a matter of what she did or did not 'request'. I'm not sure he had her permission to take Charlise in the first place. He didn't answer his mobile phone that afternoon/evening which K had been calling since he took C. Her irresponsibility was connecting him with her daughter in the first place, many months before. By January 2022 she was in a powerless situation. At best she could call police, but he selected her as someone who had reason to fear them. In any case, by the time he presented the story of the real estate agent, Charlise was dead.

I have a very different idea of the relationship between K and Justin. I don't think it was a matter of what she did or did not 'request'. I'm not sure he had her permission to take Charlise in the first place. He didn't answer his mobile phone that afternoon/evening which K had been calling since he took C. Her irresponsibility was connecting him with her daughter in the first place, many months before. By January 2022 she was in a powerless situation. At best she could call police, but he selected her as someone who had reason to fear them. In any case, by the time he presented the story of the real estate agent, Charlise was dead.

And it seems that he may previously have gone (alone) to places with Charlise, and seemed to return her, until he didn't.

Residents at the secluded location recalled seeing a 'chatty' Charlise on a ferry to the campsite alongside her alleged killer Justin Stein just days before the schoolgirl died.
Witnesses said the murder accused was behaving oddly during the trip, silently 'staring straight ahead'.

I also doubt it is a coincidence that the police said the post mortem examination would determine the "purpose" of Charlise's murder.
Along with the later publicly announced charges due to items found on his phone, I think the police have alluded to, in as many ways as they can, what happened to this innocent young girl. :(

"Post-mortem examination to determine the cause and “purpose” of Charlise’s death is expected to take roughly a week, police say."

No doubt we will soon hear from the coroner who performed the autopsy on little Charlise. They should be called as an expert witness.

IMO

Re drugs, arguments, custodianship and cars (snips):

January 12, 2022

Mr Stein travelled to the Riviera Ski Gardens and picked up Ms Mutten before the pair drove to Surry Hills in Sydney and bought drugs [bbm].

They travelled to Centennial Park, where they had sex, before driving back to Mount Wilson and arriving at 8.44pm with Charlise nowhere to be found.

January 13, 2022

In the early hours of the morning, Ms Mutten went through her partner’s phone and found out he was cheating on her.

At 3.39am, she called him a “liar and a cheat” in a text message.

The text continued: “Now I’ve lost my daughter and I’m going to neck myself, I’m so stupid.”

Fifteen minutes later, the jury was told Ms Mutten took her partner’s car and drove to a local camping ground to “get emotions together”.

“I’m grabbing my daughter and taking her to my brother’s. I’m not losing her over you. I’m so stupid,” another text to the accused read.

She also messaged a friend, saying she read through Mr Stein’s phone and didn’t want to go to the police as she will “lose” her daughter. [bbm]

“I’m devo and now my daughter is missing,” she wrote.

Ms Mutten returned to the Mount Wilson property about 5.47am when the jury was told there was a “confrontation” between the couple [bbm]. Ms Mutten again took off in Mr Stein’s car, prompting him to leave eight voicemails on her phone.

“If you don’t bring it back I am going to *advertiser censored*king hurt you as well as everyone else, and I’ll tell the police you’re the one who took your daughter so they will bring back my *advertiser censored*king car,” the recording, which was played to the jury, said.

The jury heard another voicemail where Mr Stein said: “I’ve got my *advertiser censored*king guns and I’m going to *advertiser censored*king kill you now, and I’m *advertiser censored*king serious, you’ve *advertiser censored*ked me over for the last time … it was you doing this to Charlise to me wasn’t it c**t, I’m going to kill you.”

Last edited:

January 12, 2022

Mr Stein travelled to the Riviera Ski Gardens and picked up Ms Mutten before the pair drove to Surry Hills in Sydney and bought drugs [bbm].

They travelled to Centennial Park, where they had sex, before driving back to Mount Wilson and arriving at 8.44pm with Charlise nowhere to be found.

January 13, 2022

In the early hours of the morning, Ms Mutten went through her partner’s phone and found out he was cheating on her.

The text continued: “Now I’ve lost my daughter and I’m going to neck myself, I’m so stupid.”

Fifteen minutes later, the jury was told Ms Mutten took her partner’s car and drove to a local camping ground to “get emotions together”.

“I’m grabbing my daughter and taking her to my brother’s. I’m not losing her over you. I’m so stupid,” another text to the accused read.

She also messaged a friend, saying she read through Mr Stein’s phone and didn’t want to go to the police as she will “lose” her daughter. [bbm]

Ms Mutten returned to the Mount Wilson property about 5.47am when the jury was told there was a “confrontation” between the couple [bbm]. Ms Mutten again took off in Mr Stein’s car, prompting him to leave eight voicemails on her phone.

“If you don’t bring it back I am going to *advertiser censored*king hurt you as well as everyone else, and I’ll tell the police you’re the one who took your daughter so they will bring back my *advertiser censored*king car,” the recording, which was played to the jury, said.

The jury heard another voicemail where Mr Stein said: “I’ve got my *advertiser censored*king guns and I’m going to *advertiser censored*king kill you now, and I’m *advertiser censored*king serious, you’ve *advertiser censored*ked me over for the last time … it was you doing this to Charlise to me wasn’t it c**t, I’m going to kill you.”

I’ve read this stuff multiple times over the last little while now and it just occurred to me that my mind always goes to those dreams when you’re trying to do something or get somewhere and it just isn’t happening.. that’s how I feel like it must have been for KM when JS picked her up.. not that she was rushing or demanding to get back to her sick child (as that doesn’t appear to be the case) but it just feels possible that she was almost in a state like that, where things didn’t seem quite real.

I’ve not used meth but personally but I feel like the potential for it to affect your general awareness etc would be quite high.

Of course it might have been nothing like that for KM, it’s just something that keeps popping up for me whenever I see the account of their time post collection from the caravan park. Whatever the case, CM deserved so much better :(

January 12, 2022

January 13, 2022

What stands out to me from these exchanges is that KM seemed to threaten that she would kill herself .... I’m going to neck myself

A
nd JS threatened that he would kill KM, with guns .... I’ve got my *advertiser censored*king guns and I’m going to *advertiser censored*king kill you now

Which doesn't help the story JS is trying to weave. imo

And where was the emphasis on JS' words? Kill YOU now. Or kill you NOW, when she was nowhere near him.
Is he inadvertently saying he has killed someone (CM) before?

Last edited:
The mother of slain schoolgirl Charlise Mutten has become emotional as she told a jury her daughter asked if she could “go with daddy” before he allegedly shot her and put her body in a barrel.
Kallista Mutten, 40, took to the witness stand on Monday to give evidence against her former partner Justin Stein in the NSW Supreme Court.

“He said to me he had to go back up to the Blue Mountains, to Mount Wilson, to let this auctioneer lady in for his mum because she was selling antiques,” Ms Mutten explained.

“Charlise had finished swimming in the pool and she said ‘Can I go with daddy, mum?’”

She told the court she said: “Yes, of course”.

Mr McKay alleges Mr Stein was the “last person” to see Charlise and had the opportunity to her between 7.16pm on January 11 and 10.06am on January 12.

The following day, the jury heard Charlise had woken up vomiting and was left at Mount Wilson, allegedly in the care of the auctioneer, while Mr Stein travelled to pick up Ms Mutten.

Ms Mutten told the court Mr Stein had called her to explain the situation, and was told the woman had “three kids of her own and she’s practically like a nurse so Charlise was in good hands”.

{Right, so this mother of 3 has no problem sitting with and caring for a sick child, even though she has no idea what the illness might be? And this mum and auction employee has no other pressing matters at this time? Yah, sure...]

Mother of killed schoolgirl Charlise Mutten tears up while giving evidence in Justin Stein murder trial​

The following day, the jury heard Charlise had woken up vomiting and was left at Mount Wilson, allegedly in the care of the auctioneer, while Mr Stein travelled to pick up Ms Mutten.

Ms Mutten told the court Mr Stein had called her to explain the situation, and was told the woman had “three kids of her own and she’s practically like a nurse so Charlise was in good hands”.

“He did say to me that she (the auctioneer lady) was happy to mind her (Charlise) even overnight and that we have some time to spend together,” Ms Mutten said.

. . .

“We were going to be intimate again, and spend the night together but I’d got too worried about Charlise so I wanted to head back to the mountains.”

They drove back to the Mount Wilson property and arrived at 8.44pm to find no lights on in the house.

Ms Mutten told the jury she didn’t find it odd until Mr Stein said it was strange.

She said she was “trying to be rational” about where Charlise was, and assumed the auctioneer lady had taken her daughter as she was unwell.

This story of hers, as reported, makes little sense to me. Wish we had access to the actual transcript.

IMO, Mutten is criminally negligent.

Last edited:

Mother of killed schoolgirl Charlise Mutten tears up while giving evidence in Justin Stein murder trial​

“He did say to me that she (the auctioneer lady) was happy to mind her (Charlise) even overnight and that we have some time to spend together,” Ms Mutten said.

. . .

“We were going to be intimate again, and spend the night together but I’d got too worried about Charlise so I wanted to head back to the mountains.”

They drove back to the Mount Wilson property and arrived at 8.44pm to find no lights on in the house.

Ms Mutten told the jury she didn’t find it odd until Mr Stein said it was strange.

She said she was “trying to be rational” about where Charlise was, and assumed the auctioneer lady had taken her daughter as she was unwell.

This story of hers, as reported, makes little sense to me. Wish we had access to the actual transcript.

Mr Stein’s lawyers allege it was Ms Mutten who shot and killed her daughter on the evening of January 12, 2022.

Stein claims he was in a shed on the property when he heard a gunshot, emerging to see Kallista Mutten shoot her nine-year-old daughter a second time.

K & C being on crown land unless that's changed again. After dark.

Oh, I hadn't read this, how awful. That dear poor little girl.

I do believe that KM is truly suffering, and has been punished enough for her mistakes and negligence. But as for JS, no punishment is too bad for him, or will ever be enough. IMO
Also Kallista was pregnant with the alleged murderers’ child, and who knows what decision she had to make about that child’s future? Would have been extremely hard.

“Court hears the mother of Charlise Mutten was told by Justin Stein that he may have to 'get rid of some evidence.”​

'If I hadn't been on drugs, I might have put the pieces together'​

1716790917278.png

Kallista looking a lot different in today’s ABC News article.

. . .

What a story - “some time to spend together” with JS while her daughter that she rarely sees is sick.
I realise that Charlise was already deceased at the time but it shows KM’s level of carelessness towards the child. I hope she gets charged with neglect.

U

“Court hears the mother of Charlise Mutten was told by Justin Stein that he may have to 'get rid of some evidence.”​

'If I hadn't been on drugs, I might have put the pieces together'​

View attachment 506105

Kallista looking a lot different in today’s ABC News article.

She shouldn’t have been on drugs to start with. She didn’t even deserve to have her child in her care (she likely lied to her parents and they thought she was clean). Hope she gets charged for neglect and JS for murder. Absolutely horrific behaviour by both these ‘carers’

What a story - “some time to spend together” with JS while her daughter that she rarely sees is sick.
I realise that Charlise was already deceased at the time but it shows KM’s level of carelessness towards the child. I hope she gets charged with neglect.
The discreditability of her actions as she tells the story herself tends to prove that she's telling the truth.

The discreditability of her actions as she tells the story herself tends to prove that she's telling the truth.
From all that has been presented so far, I have no doubt that JS is the murderer and KM isn’t lying about the events. She is a neglectful, selfish carer though and the reason that her daughter ended up in JS’s fateful ‘care’.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member