Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we know.

One thing I stumbled on again, which we had spoken of in the first (pulled) thread, is that Stein has two other children.
At the time of this article (25th Jan 2022) he was unemployed but paying child support for the son, the DT didn't have any more info on the daughter.

View attachment 506138
The daughter is of age my now so it would no longer apply imo

Stein has two other children.

He fathers a child at 16, and then again at 19. Clearly out of control from a young age and apparently unable to learn from experience.

The jury has been told that Stein had been jailed for drug-related offences and was being treated for addiction as well as schizophrenia.

I have to wonder at what age he was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

Do we know if Kallista has her latest baby in her care? I suppose it's a toddler now.
As far as I understand she was seeking an abortion which is probably just as well considering how much meth she was doing during the pregnancy.

One of the posters on another forum was in hospital at the same time as her which was shortly after Charlises death and said that she kept complaining about loosing her 'Golden Egg' (meaning Stein's family money) rather than loosing her daughter

Snipped for focus. She's been subjected to verbal abuse, death threats, lies . . . we don't even need to find her truthful to know that. She's a victim of domestic violence. It does mess with your cognitions.
She is a victim of domestic violence----but I don't have as much sympathy for that situation as I normally would.

She met this creep in prison. She was incarcerated after she caused the death of her friend because she was driving while high on ice. That incarceration was her opportunity to ponder, look at her many issues and try to do better.

Instead, she hooks up with a violent , mentally ill drug addict, and together they wreak havoc. Then she pulls her innocent child into this mess. So I agree that she was abused by this idiot, but the situation came about after she made a lot of very bad decisions because of her own selfishness, imo.

She had family that loved her and cared for her, were willing to help her but she continued on her previous path---even after causing the death of her friend, she apparently didn't learn much.

Yes, I can see that's the prosecution's strategy. I wonder if they essentially made a deal with her: testify against Stein or join him in the dock as an accomplice.

It will be interesting to see what the defence does. From what I see, on the basis of her drug history her credibility could be ripped to shreds.
Her credibility will be ripped to shreds, but his credibility will be even worse, IMO. She has to take some accountability and own her own horrid behaviour while on the stand, in order to get justice for her child.

His actions will speak loud, IMO.

zhe

Prior to this KM already had another extreme and traumatic experience whereby her driving under the influence cause her friend’s death. She’s had her chance to make things right again and didn’t

As long as she's alive there's hope for rehabilitation and recovery IMO. However, if she can't be held accountable and responsible then she would need to be prevented from being instrumental in any more people's deaths than she's already been IMO. I assume and really hope there's experts on the case that know more than us.

So, Stein apparently said he had stabbed the man that he thought took Charlise.
Plenty of stabbing and killing in Stein's vocabulary. imo
He said he was going to kill KM, said he stabbed some unknown person.

Later, she said, "Justin had called me and said that he 'badly hurt' the man that was in the house (where) he thought Charlise was ... and stabbed him".
When he returned in the early hours of the next day, Mutten says Stein told her, "It's not them, you can call the police in the morning".
Mutten called police to report her daughter missing shortly after 8am the next morning.

Last edited:
So, Stein apparently said he had stabbed the man that he thought took Charlise.
Plenty of stabbing and killing in Stein's vocabulary. imo
He said he was going to kill KM, said he stabbed some unknown person.

Later, she said, "Justin had called me and said that he 'badly hurt' the man that was in the house (where) he thought Charlise was ... and stabbed him".
When he returned in the early hours of the next day, Mutten says Stein told her, "It's not them, you can call the police in the morning".
Mutten called police to report her daughter missing shortly after 8am the next morning.

I wonder what she thought about that. Did she believe him, disbelieve him, was she too scared and confused to have an opinion, was she indifferent about an unknown man?

I don't think we know.

One thing I stumbled on again, which we had spoken of in the first (pulled) thread, is that Stein has two other children.
At the time of this article (25th Jan 2022) he was unemployed but paying child support for the son, the DT didn't have any more info on the daughter.

View attachment 506138
So Stein’s children would be 14 and 17 years old. Hopefully they have been sheltered from the horrors that seem to be Stein’s lifestyle.
IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
The mother of slain schoolgirl Charlise Mutten has become emotional as she told a jury her daughter asked if she could “go with daddy” before he allegedly shot her and put her body in a barrel.
Kallista Mutten, 40, took to the witness stand on Monday to give evidence against her former partner Justin Stein in the NSW Supreme Court.

“He said to me he had to go back up to the Blue Mountains, to Mount Wilson, to let this auctioneer lady in for his mum because she was selling antiques,” Ms Mutten explained.

“Charlise had finished swimming in the pool and she said ‘Can I go with daddy, mum?’”

She told the court she said: “Yes, of course”.

Mr McKay alleges Mr Stein was the “last person” to see Charlise and had the opportunity to her between 7.16pm on January 11 and 10.06am on January 12.

The following day, the jury heard Charlise had woken up vomiting and was left at Mount Wilson, allegedly in the care of the auctioneer, while Mr Stein travelled to pick up Ms Mutten.

Ms Mutten told the court Mr Stein had called her to explain the situation, and was told the woman had “three kids of her own and she’s practically like a nurse so Charlise was in good hands”.

{Right, so this mother of 3 has no problem sitting with and caring for a sick child, even though she has no idea what the illness might be? And this mum and auction employee has no other pressing matters at this time? Yah, sure...]
Do you think this was originally when JS was trying to fabricate a reason to leave KM at the caravan park so he could hook up with someone he had met on the dating app? IMO

“He said to me he had to go back up to the Blue Mountains, to Mount Wilson, to let this auctioneer lady in for his mum because she was selling antiques,” Ms Mutten explained.

It appears JS wasn't the one originally suggesting CM come with him to the Mount Wilson address?? JMO

“Charlise had finished swimming in the pool and she said ‘Can I go with daddy, mum?’”

Mr McKay alleges Mr Stein was the “last person” to see Charlise and had the opportunity to her between 7.16pm on January 11 and 10.06am on January 12.

Kallista Mutten denies killing daughter Charlise behind chicken shed​

Charlise Mutten’s mother has denied shooting her nine-year-old daughter dead behind a chicken shed in the Blue Mountains or that messages from a “higher power” had told her to kill her daughter.”

Paywalled for some.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-don-t-even-know-where-she-was-shot-charlise-mutten-s-mother-shocked-in-court-grilling-20240527-p5jh3j.html

It hardly seems like the defence has given any credible insight into the motive they talked about, unless they’re claiming KM shot her daughter as a result of messages she’d received from some higher power..?

I wonder if JS’s legal team believe his account/s of what happened.. I can’t imagine having to ask questions and put forward theories like Ms Davenport has today without feeling kinda stupid tbh..
imo

Last edited:
It appears JS wasn't the one originally suggesting CM come with him to the Mount Wilson address?? JMO

He might have said "ask your mother if you can come".

Because surely someone would have asked him first if it was okay. If he hadn't suggested it.

imo

Do you think this was originally when JS was trying to fabricate a reason to leave KM at the caravan park so he could hook up with someone he had met on the dating app? IMO

He was certainly up to something, because his mum stated that no one from the auctioneers was expected until weeks later.

Maybe he decided Charlise was the next best thing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member