Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

A callous killer who will spend the rest of his life behind bars isn't objecting to a bid for compensation by the family of his victim.

Karen Chetcuti-Verbunt was murdered in an "extraordinarily vicious, callous and thoroughly unprovoked" attack by her neighbour Michael Cardamone in January 2016.

Her now-adult children Jack and Kate, and her former husband Tony Chetcuti, have made a joint application for compensation from Cardamone.

Cardamone's lawyer said the application was not being opposed.

Family makes compo bid from callous killer

A callous killer who will spend the rest of his life behind bars isn't objecting to a bid for compensation by the family of his victim.

Karen Chetcuti-Verbunt was murdered in an "extraordinarily vicious, callous and thoroughly unprovoked" attack by her neighbour Michael Cardamone in January 2016.

Her now-adult children Jack and Kate, and her former husband Tony Chetcuti, have made a joint application for compensation from Cardamone.

Thanx for the update Toots.
The murder of poor Karen is still the worst of the worst imo.

Thanks for that update , toots. I can't access the article, but I presume Cardamone has inherited his mothers farm/property, upon her death. Shared with his sister, it still would represent a decent sum, nowhere near 'compensation', but worth going after. I last saw the place back in 2018, and it looked in good nick then, a substantial house, large well kept outbuildings etc, not far out of Wangaratta. Karen commuted daily into Wangaratta Council offices, a smooth 20 minute run, if that..

Her place was around the corner set well back from the road, but intersecting with Mum Cardamones boundary. He probably watched her for months. Horrible crime.

Thanks for that update , toots. I can't access the article, but I presume Cardamone has inherited his mothers farm/property, upon her death. Shared with his sister, it still would represent a decent sum, nowhere near 'compensation', but worth going after. I last saw the place back in 2018, and it looked in good nick then, a substantial house, large well kept outbuildings etc, not far out of Wangaratta. Karen commuted daily into Wangaratta Council offices, a smooth 20 minute run, if that..
Awww sorry Trooper. I just checked and the article is not there anymore.
I hate it when they do that.

I think even online "papers" should have a duty to preserve articles.

luckily, it was a story from Australia's Associated Press so a few other papers picked it up and still have it online:

$155,000 is not near enough to compensate Karen's three children Kate, Jack and Tony.

luckily, it was a story from Australia's Associated Press so a few other papers picked it up and still have it online:

Cardamone's property at Whorouly, near Wangaratta, has been sold and he has $155,000 in a trust account.
The Supreme Court heard Kate, Jack and Tony Chetcuti have suffered ongoing and lifelong psychological effects from the murder.

"The horror of it all, although it may lessen, will never resolve," Mr Dounias said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back