Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Greater Than, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think, Borce had persuaded Sarah to believe, Karen wouldn't disappear forever because she would be Karen's only child and Karen would never do that to her. After all, he never accused Karen of running away (like Vasko did), so that would fit, IMO. Sarah was perhaps parroting things, her father had explained to her in the early hours of Karen's disappearing.

2. Amalgam

Amalgam Well-Known Member

I’ve found information about this CovMo tool that Optus now uses. It is here : Geo-CEM with CovMo™ | Groundhog Technologies

My opinion is that this tool will not provide a location for a phone that it switched off/‘deactivated’.

It will permit accurate locations to be found in real time & somewhat accurate locations regarding phones location in the past, depending upon how many towers the phone connected to during the time span in question.

Whilst a phone may connect to a more distant tower (eg near Geelong), the strength of the signal to a distant tower should be less than the signal strength to a tower much closer to the handset. Comparison of these signal strengths, especially if they occur in a short space of time, can help to pinpoint a phone.

3. He behaves himself as if he is innocent (of course except his tens of different statements) but involved somehow perhaps. I don't get it until now.

4. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

Does that mean Karen's phone was dumped near that area (Sunbury/Diggers Rest)?

Love your timeline, makes things stand out.

Now I speculate that a return trip was made to Hoppers Crossing, before the trip to Mt Macedon. Depending on whether the ping to Geelong was around 10am.:rolleyes:

5. Amalgam

Amalgam Well-Known Member

It means that the last time the Optus network was connected to Karen’s phone (just by virtue of it being switched on), was within the coverage of the Optus tower in Sunbury/Diggers rest.

If her phone was switched off in that area, the network will have still routed the call to that tower and asked it to alert Karen’s phone to the incoming call. If her phone was switched on, it would’ve started ringing.

We can conclude her phone went flat/was switched off/smashed in range of that tower, but it could’ve been moved away from there once off & would’ve left no trace at all.

I suspect the intensive searches around Toolern Vale (nearby) relate to the fact that Karen’s phone went off the air in Digger’s Rest.

6. rosie84

rosie84 Well-Known Member

IMO, Karen’s car was taken as her DNA would have been all over it.
    Also the possibility to make it look like Karen may have been driving the car herself.

From my knowledge you Uber from one car as your rego is taken when you sign up and your car has to meet certain requirements. I call bs on the Uber story Borce has given.

7. angelina1

angelina1 Member

emirates1957, Amalgam and Fluffykins like this.
  8. angelina1

angelina1 Member

My very first post - if Sarah arrived home 6-6.30 and later at 7.30 was back from dinner - was not the dinner too quick? Sorry was not able to quote on my device

9. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

What does this really mean?

10. searhorse14

searhorse14 New Member

can anyone explain how Friday's decision might work... will the magistrate give her decision on friday or will she continue to hear from the witnesses on friday and then at a later stage give the decision.

11. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

Did Borce's son live with the couple? If not currently, did he for the formative years when he and Sarah where growing up?

12. Liadan

Liadan Well-Known Member

Sorry not familiar with the suburbs mentioned in the timeline, (Qld'er here), so are we suggesting that Karen and Borce's phones both pinged towers on the way to where her body was dumped that morning and then were deactivated? Cause if that is the case it is seriously telling! Thanks timeline peeps!

13. Horror

Horror Well-Known Member

Thanks for timeline !
    Still reading along. It’s all getting interesting. And to think they only use just enough to commit.

14. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

I think our friend was talking about himself there TGY

15. UndiscoveredTruth

UndiscoveredTruth Well-Known Member

Hi deugirtni! AR moved in with his father and Karen when he was 14 years of age. (Prior to that, he lived with his mother, BR's ex). He moved out (or rather, was kicked out) several times in the years that followed due to being an ice addict among other things! Hope that lil bit of info helps.

16. UndiscoveredTruth

Welcome aboard, angelina1. Most, if not all of us participating here, agree with you. Am thinking the times stated are wrong.

17. UndiscoveredTruth

I've been thinking along those same lines right from the start, sleepinoz! It has to do with the phone call AR made to Karen 10 days earlier. Karen wanted to give him the money, Borce didn't want her to. They had a heated argument over it. It could still be classed as "they fought over financial issues i.e. "we can't afford to go giving him money all the time". Another thought I had (still have) is, AR may have tried to blackmail Karen re the family secret. AR stated he felt guilty for what happened to Karen *I cannot remember where I read that, but I definitely read it*--if that phone call 10 days earlier involved requesting money, I can understand why AR would feel guilty, even if slightly, for what happened to Karen. MOO

18. sleepinoz

sleepinoz Well-Known Member

I can't find Borce on the Court list for today :rolleyes:

Can someone else have a look please.

19. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Also, in the afternoon, BR, after 'thinking', leaves his phone home.
    Perhaps, uses other car, to drive to 'wherever', for assistance, with 'whoever'.

20. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Just did. Can’t find him either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.