Australia: Kathleen Folbigg Inquest April 29, 2019 *PARDONED*

After being convicted in 2003 of killing her four children and spending two decades in prison, Kathleen Folbigg was pardoned in June. Now, those convictions could be overturned.

An appeals court will be asked to consider overturning Kathleen Folbigg's convictions for killing her four children after an inquiry found there was reasonable doubt of her guilt.

In his final report released on Wednesday, inquiry commissioner Tom Bathurst found there was an "identifiable cause" for three of the deaths and Folbigg’s relationship with her children did not support the case that she killed them.

Judgment Kathleen Megan Folbigg -v- R​

Thursday 14th December 10am. Live.

Thanks drsleuth, I wasn't able to watch, had to get ready for a lunch function which I had thought was for next week.
I see it's not available to watch.

Glad to see The Guardian covering it.

She's had to start her life again, probably with nothing.
Hopefully she might get some compensation.
Though nothing will get those 20 years back.

During those 20 years if she wasn't in prison, the cause of her babies deaths may have been looked into.
She was robbed of the chance to possibly have children that survived.

I wonder if her ex-husband will apologise. I suppose he can't be blamed for believing she was guilty, as that's what all the "experts" said, but still.

Screenshot from 9 News Australia. Kathleen Folbigg acquitted of manslaughter and murder of her four children | 9 News Australia.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back