Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the 24 November transaction at Kippax Fair? Why do you find that puzzling? What are you thinking?
Yes.... If she didn't die until mid December, surely she needed money, she had a baby to care for.

If the tip off did not come, the body wouldn't have been identified, the case may never have been solved.

Two separate states, it was looking good up till suitcase guy arrived.

One would wonder why he wouldnt take both to Belangelo then, why run the risk of returning to the ACT without Karlie to then go through it all again 5 days later.
I get what you are saying, im just wondering why he may want to seperate them on that occasion if they had the same fate.

If the tip off did not come, the body wouldn't have been identified, the case may never have been solved.

Two separate states, it was looking good up till suitcase guy arrived.

The suitcase guy wasn't anything to do with anything. The police are now saying the suitcase had been there since Khandalyce was murdered, some 7 years previously.

Yes.... If she didn't die until mid December, surely she needed money, she had a baby to care for.

Oh yes, of course! It would be unlikely that she wouldn't access her card for that length of time. But, we don't know 100% that she didn't - the police haven't released all of the card access places/times, so maybe that's why.

I can't believe we haven't highlighted this before Bundy! Or am I missing something...? For her not to have used her account (bearing in mind the police may not be listing all transactions...) that gap from 24th Nov at Kippax Fair and then presumably her killer/associates helping themselves from Dec 16th does throw up some very unpleasant thoughts.
I don't remember the date which was eventually named "confirmed" as the last sighting of Karlie and Khandalyce in Canberra? And one could assume that there is conscious deliberation on the part of LE in that regard v.v. the hook baiting that could draw more from informants?

I don't believe police released all her transactions to media, just the ones they thought would show her key movements and prompt more information from informants.

You know I still don't get it though...at first, he was the great white hope and I could never understand why there was no photo-fit/identikit poster of him...it seemed that the police genuinely thought he was pivotal in some way. Yet he never (to our knowledge) declared himself in any way, and then suddenly it was "oh he's irrelevant, be good if he spoke up but no problem if he doesn't" kind of thing (always assuming THAT was true...) and then suddenly he'd been seen both before and after the finding of the suitcase by the motorist with the call of nature...something still doesn't quite seem to add up, especially given the absolute rarity of such a sight in Wynarka, and the lack of eye contact or acknowledgement of the women who allegedly first saw him. The "perfume salesman" theory just seems to have been chucked in to the mix - all IMO of course.

The suitcase guy wasn't anything to do with anything. The police are now saying the suitcase had been there since Khandalyce was murdered, some 7 years previously.

Exactly but it got everyone talking

I don't believe police released all her transactions to media, just the ones they thought would show her key movements and prompt more information from informants.

Maybe, Karlie's account was overdrawn per 24.11. and nobody - Karlie or perps - were able to draw money before the next payment would have credited?

You know I still don't get it though...at first, he was the great white hope and I could never understand why there was no photo-fit/identikit poster of him...it seemed that the police genuinely thought he was pivotal in some way. Yet he never (to our knowledge) declared himself in any way, and then suddenly it was "oh he's irrelevant, be good if he spoke up but no problem if he doesn't" kind of thing (always assuming THAT was true...) and then suddenly he'd been seen both before and after the finding of the suitcase by the motorist with the call of nature...something still doesn't quite seem to add up, especially given the absolute rarity of such a sight in Wynarka, and the lack of eye contact or acknowledgement of the women who allegedly first saw him. The "perfume salesman" theory just seems to have been chucked in to the mix - all IMO of course.

It would be interesting to hear since when the suitcase man didn't walk his standard ways through Wynarka/along the Highway. Why did he stop to be around that area? - DJH/M's suitcase or not, the elderly man behaved strangely and had some eccentric mission, I think.

If he now is walking in another area, through a village, along a busy street/Highway, with his mysterious suitcase, then some citizens would call police, I think? He certainly is known from newspapers and TV?

Maybe karlie overdosed and he tried Cpr, that would cause crushing injuries. Then he couldn't revive her and lost it. Injuring her more?? So many scenarios running through my head.
Let's go for a quick drive to score, leave khandles here, we'll be back soon? I just gotta do a quick drop off? Let's go for a little drive? I want to show you something? I'm bored lets go for a drive?
I too am of the thought she was run over, maybe just one wheel though. I think initial she was helping hazel, between trips.
I read somewhere her and a friend came to help hazel when the accident first happened and maybe she was even looking after her daughter. So maybe she did reject daniels advance/repeated advances, I'm assuming they spent a lot of time together and travelled together at least a bit. And he was scared she'd tell hazel as it was getting close to hazel coming home. He felt guilty, needed to tie up any loose ends, get karlie away from Adelaide. Get back in time for Hazel. She didn't blame him for the accident, they were still kind of together. She needed him, he needed to be needed. Imo

One thing I find rather puzzling is the 3 week gap between the time her bank account was last accessed and the estimated time of her death.

It may have been accessed Bundy, but the police have only released a very small portion of over 1200 transactions. There were likely transactions during those three weeks which have not been released. MOO

Wasn't HP's friend or relative looking after her child? The transactions and the dates and location do not point to Karlie looking after HP or her child, in any case HP would have not been released from hospital or rehab before Karlie's death?

Maybe karlie overdosed and he tried Cpr, that would cause crushing injuries. Then he couldn't revive her and lost it. Injuring her more?? So many scenarios running through my head.
Let's go for a quick drive to score, leave khandles here, we'll be back soon? I just gotta do a quick drop off? Let's go for a little drive? I want to show you something? I'm bored lets go for a drive?
I too am of the thought she was run over, maybe just one wheel though. I think initial she was helping hazel, between trips.
I read somewhere her and a friend came to help hazel when the accident first happened and maybe she was even looking after her daughter. So maybe she did reject daniels advance/repeated advances, I'm assuming they spent a lot of time together and travelled together at least a bit. And he was scared she'd tell hazel as it was getting close to hazel coming home. He felt guilty, needed to tie up any loose ends, get karlie away from Adelaide. Get back in time for Hazel. She didn't blame him for the accident, they were still kind of together. She needed him, he needed to be needed. Imo

yes and notice that the "accessed" ones never seem to say where unless it's a servo in the last days of Dec and thereon...

bbm

Yes, but when was that time? 21. December 2008 or March 2009? Or did he try to become reconciled from December to March? We don't know.

<modsnip>

Oh yes, of course! It would be unlikely that she wouldn't access her card for that length of time. But, we don't know 100% that she didn't - the police haven't released all of the card access places/times, so maybe that's why.
That maybe right, but it could also have been that time when her gran had wondered why she hadn't drawn on her Centrelink payment....
By the way, how do we know that? did her gran's carer tell the police? would he remember something like that after all this time?

That maybe right, but it could also have been that time when her gran had wondered why she hadn't drawn on her Centrelink payment....
By the way, how do we know that? did her gran's carer tell the police? would he remember something like that after all this time?

Yes Bundy
The informant let us know in his exclusive interview that MS Duffy was concerned that Karlies Centerlink payments had not been used for a fortnight in late 2008.
Looking at the transaction timeline it would need to be within that 3 weeks 24 Nov Kippax to 16 Dec Charnwoord

Interestingly police asked for caravan park, hotel owners to check their records from 1 Dec 2008.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d/news-story/566a5488cef1b256110d2dc4223261cd
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.VnfjcRV96Uk

Wasnt getting any.
If she had an ABN and income she wouldnt have got much. No daycare.
Although in the day, payments may have been very different. But Im sure there was no Centrelink payments for a reason?

Depending on if she was only on sole parent or getting family tax a&b, she may have been paid fortnightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard