Australia Australia - Kyle Coleman, 17, Mount Isa, QLD, 22 Feb 2014

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...passenger-fell-from-tray-of-ute-and-d/5254754

I was thinking of this one ^ I knew the driver Tony many years ago, he made a really really silly mistake, I'm sure they were all having a great laugh, being drunk and thinking it was funny, yet Dylon lost his life and his family as well as Tony's wife and kids are left to deal with his idiocy :(

I wonder if it was a case of some stupid drunken horseplay gone wrong...

I wonder what the Undilla Station property owner had to say about Kyle, hunting at 17 years old, when he saw them at lunchtime. Were they hunting on his property? Were they drinking too? I believe the station is an extensive area, and may have a wild pig problem.

Would he have had any liability for an underage lad using a firearm on his property? Was he okay with that?

Could that be when problems started between Kyle and his mate? If there were problems between them, that is.

Kyles missing persons case reminds me of when Donny Govan went missing.
Sadly Donny hasnt been found yet :(

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/...thday-for-donny-govans-grieving-family/?cs=61

That's another odd one isn't it! Actually we should start a thread here for him, or do we have one? I'll check.
I believe that he's alive though. I always thought that... The people with him have since said that they were all smoking weed and drinking and the reports of paranoia align with that I believe. I feel that he had a chip on his shoulder and came across as an angry young man and took off to 'teach them a lesson' and is now living off the grid. All MOO of course!

Having said all that, the 'Mighty Murray' can be an angry river herself and she takes a LOT of lives... You don't often get a second chance with the Murray, one mistake and you're gone :(

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194662&highlight=donny+govan Link for Donny Govan thread on WS :)

Just remember, the police sometimes tell outright lies if they think it will help the investigation. I don't believe for a moment that the friend's suicide isn't linked.

Just remember, the police sometimes tell outright lies if they think it will help the investigation. I don't believe for a moment that the friend's suicide isn't linked.

With you on that Fruity. Somethings not right here IMO.

POLICE fear it’s unlikely missing teenager Kyle Coleman will be found alive.
See your ad here

“Unfortunately the chances of him being alive are unlikely,” Mount Isa police Inspector Trevor Kidd said.

Inspector Kidd said police had not ruled out the possibility Kyle did not return from a camping trip to Undilla Station.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/sto...hope-fades-as-police-scale-down-search/?cs=12

including Undilla Station where Kyle was spotted camping with a friend the day before his disappearance.
Police confirmed yesterday that the 21-year-old man who was found dead in his Soldiers Hill home last week was the same person who went camping with Kyle that weekend.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2122720/police-seek-fresh-leads-on-missing-teen/?cs=191

Camping that weekend? Were they supposed to camp for the whole weekend and something went wrong?
Does anyone know when Kyle was reported missing?

including Undilla Station where Kyle was spotted camping with a friend the day before his disappearance.
Police confirmed yesterday that the 21-year-old man who was found dead in his Soldiers Hill home last week was the same person who went camping with Kyle that weekend.

http://www.northweststar.com.au/story/2122720/police-seek-fresh-leads-on-missing-teen/?cs=191

Camping that weekend? Were they supposed to camp for the whole weekend and something went wrong?
Does anyone know when Kyle was reported missing?

BBM - The station owner saw Kyle at noon that day (friday) - his mate and he worked together, at I presume a small business, I can't imagine the boss giving both of them the day off to go shooting.

From memory Kyle was reported missing by his parents on sunday evening.

I really struggle to think that his friend knew something and chose suicide without leaving a note to explain whats happened. It leaves families tormented with what it's. I really hope someone comes forward with new info.

Just catching up - very sad to see the search scaled back, but not entirely unexpected. I wonder if the locals will continue searching?

I agree with others that it will be especially sad if the friend knows what happened, and didn't leave any indication before he killed himself. Without anyone talking or sharing what they know, it's going to make it very hard for the police to find Kyle.

We probably won't hear much more now in MSM unless something significant happens.

As the others have posted, swags come in all shapes, styles and colours! Most country boys have them and a lot of girls too. Basically it's a bed rolled up in heavy canvas, they keep you dry and warm and the ones with the tent bit keep snakes, vermin and insects out. You can also get double ones and kids sized swags. My boys are 4 and 6 and will be getting swags this year.

What a fabulous idea! Our sleeping gear comes in three separate parts, sleeping bag, air mattress, and tent, but a single bell roll as you describe is brillant.

The term "sleeping swag" was a bit confusing because we use the word "swag" to describe stollen goods.

I agree with others that it will be especially sad if the friend knows what happened, and didn't leave any indication before he killed himself. Without anyone talking or sharing what they know, it's going to make it very hard for the police to find Kyle.
ns.

Do we know for sure that the friend knew what happened?

I have contacted my fried and told her about WS, in case she has anything she'd like to add.

Do we know for sure that the friend knew what happened?

No we don't, but it has been reported that he was the last to see him. So, as far as we know, all the info the police have, about where and when he was seen, is from this guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back