Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Thanks SIO and Mel. I was curious as to whether there has been mention anywhere where Leisl was potentially on a shopping trip for the farrier.

Also, did police ever reveal the location of where the texts were sent from Leisl's phone - sent to Storm 21 and 22 August?

No such luck in regard to the texts :rolleyes: Maybe in court

Wouldn't surprise me if the texts (well, at least the one on the 3rd day following Leisl's disappearance) originated in the Scone general area.

Mr Church was interviewed by police in April 2013 over Ms Smith's disappearance, with police searching two properties in Wallarah and Brookfield, seizing a number of items.
Further properties were searched bordering the Golden Highway at Merriwa, approximately 60 kilometres west of Scone, in the upper Hunter Valley.
James Scott Church denied bail over alleged murder of missing woman Leisl Smith

Hi guys,
Please just be careful about speculating on the thread about things: there have been issues with Social Media and it affecting the outcomes of trials etc.
I can say that Leisl was most certainly NOT on a shopping trip for JC!
Cheers
Eccsci.

Man accused of 2012 murder seeks bail - 9News

A NSW Central Coast man allegedly murdered his lover in 2012 after she told people she was pregnant to him and contacted his then-partner, a judge has been told.

James Scott Church, 48, was charged in 2018 with murdering Leisl Smith, 23, who disappeared in August 2012. Her body has never been found.

Ms Smith could still be alive but doesn't want to be found, he said. Or she may have been murdered by her violent boyfriend who has since died but who told people he killed her.

Thirdly, she could have died at the hands of unknown persons, possibly related to money being owed to bikies.

Church told police he'd received a call from Ms Smith on August 19, 2012, asking him to pick her up from Tuggerah station and he assumed her car had broken down.

Hi all,
So the games have begun. The defendant has applied to “add” witnesses to the trial (or rather his lawyer has) and this will be on the 30th Sept. Apparently this is a stalling tactic as the standard to teach and be successful is actually quite high.

Basically they should have gotten their *advertiser censored* sorted like they were supposed to early on.

Anyway, I digress (it’s been a LONG week with NMPW and Leisl being on coffee cups in Australia through selected cafes) from the point.

No word on a trial date yet, as things can’t be moved forward etc until the crap in Sept is sorted out.

Sorry for the obvious frustration and potential rudeness of my tone but I’m quite sick and staring down the barrel of a diagnosis of influenza. Which is just adding to a rather *advertiser censored* week all round atm.

Take care all, I do drop by and while I dont always write I do read and your thoughts and well wishes are much appreciated.

Xx E

Judge calls murder case with 345 witnesses 'unacceptable'

Listed witnesses: 345. Listed crown prosecutors: 0.
"That is entirely unacceptable," Elizabeth Fullerton said today about the state of a murder case slated for trial.
The frustrated NSW Supreme Court judge issued a stern warning to prosecutors to get their act together in the case against James Scott Church, who denies murdering 23-year-old Leisl Smith in August 2012.
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fa27e3bb0-f24e-4a33-b6cf-bcdcb199d0a0

James Scott Church is charged with the 2012 murder of Leisl Smith (Pictured), whose body has never been found. (NSW Police)
Church was charged in 2018 with murdering Ms Smith, whose body has never been found. Justice Fullerton said she was "very concerned" the list of witnesses the Crown wished to rely upon sat at 345 and that no crown prosecutor was currently assigned to the case.

Wow, I’ve just been on a ride reading the full 31 pages. I am so glad that there has been an arrest and that Leisl is getting her chance at justice.

Thinking of Leisl’s family and loved ones during this difficult time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back