GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:

"Has he ever stopped you from leaving the apartment like he did with Lisa?" journalist Ross Coulthart asked.

"He's never stopped me like physically restrained me from leaving, but he's stopped me from leaving like, stood at the door," Louise replied.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/2132...chelle-louise-reveals-many-fights-with-simon/

November 27, 2013

Joan Harnum looked into the eyes of the woman dating the man who murdered her daughter and only saw unhappiness. She never wants to see that look again.

''I looked into the poor girl's [Rachelle Louise] eyes and I could see unhappiness. I looked straight down at her one day and she just looked at me and I just felt so sorry for her. I saw the same look in my daughter's eyes,'' Ms Harnum said.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lisa-harn...elle-louise-20131127-2ya5u.html#ixzz2sdjYF46r

Ughh! Been pondering over whether or not to put this to paper or to a blog site where no-one knows true identity of the poster............
I have previously mentioned that when I was young (over 21) I was married to a NPD fellow. Resulting in two children.
I left.
My father later asked the terrible disgusting question..... "Did he ever abuse you?"
Response:
Gee no Dad, I was too smart for that! I was more athletic, I could duck away faster than he could swing a fist etc.
Emphasis being on my ability to outsmart his aggressive behaviour.
Lots more I could say, but for some strange reason, I needed to maintain the notion that I was still control of my life, my person, and most importantly my children.
Probably the most important thing to say though is this: Physical abuse is no where as bad as mental or psychological abuse. (So long as you don't end up dead.)
It is a terrible thing to even try to admit that your partner, the love of your life is nothing but a drop kick miserable loser cur. That is incapable of looking after itself, let alone a wife and children. Seems like a direct reflection on self.
And strangely and for what it is worth, I too was labelled "Feisty, smart, she wouldn't spend five minutes with a controlling man." Bit more too, haha!

Have grown old now, but still cant understand why girls cant see through all this stuff. Must be wearing some magical rose tinted glasses at a very vulnerable age and stage in life.

My heart aches for Joan Harnum who is trying to reach out to RL.
RL seems (for whatever reason) seems to be on another planet. Cant get the message.

I think she needs to study the following....

One woman is killed every week in Australia by a current or former partner.

Intimate homicides
• Intimate partner homicides account for one fifth of all homicides in Australia. Of these, four out of five involve a man killing his female partner.
• In 2005-06, 59 women were killed by their male partners or ex-partners.
• Typically, women are killed in the context of a history of domestic violence.

http://www.whiteribbon.org.au/uploa...eets_Nov_13/Factsheet_5_Facts_and_figures.pdf

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-on-sunday-night/story-e6frfmyi-1226821342012

Now Rachelle Louise, the determined girlfriend of convicted murderer Simon Gittany, has vowed to put herself through law school to prove her jailed boyfriend innocent.

My reaction is this :what: and this :gasp: !

People are being a little harsh.

Her motive is terrible and it will lead to her own personal disappointment but at least she's trying to improve herself... Yet she's demonstrated a tendency to totally ignore facts and evidence and logic...

People are being a little harsh.

Her motive is terrible and it will lead to her own personal disappointment but at least she's trying to improve herself... Yet she's demonstrated a tendency to totally ignore facts and evidence and logic...

She might just was to schmooze with law students ...

He was going to be a priest? I am flawed by this. I'm sure they have to undergo psychological tests. A guy I went to school with joined the priesthood but he was rejected after a short time. Didn't fit the bill. (think they need to change the test to eliminate paedophiles joining). So, why didn't he finish his 7 years training? Was he asked to leave? Did he want to be looked up to and obeyed as would be the case if he had of been ordained? The Catholic Church is lucky they didn't pass this one into their ranks. JMO

He certainly wasn't living up to his religion. Sleeping with girlfriends before marriage. Assault.

He was going to be a priest? I am flawed by this. I'm sure they have to undergo psychological tests. A guy I went to school with joined the priesthood but he was rejected after a short time. Didn't fit the bill. (think they need to change the test to eliminate paedophiles joining). So, why didn't he finish his 7 years training? Was he asked to leave? Did he want to be looked up to and obeyed as would be the case if he had of been ordained? The Catholic Church is lucky they didn't pass this one into their ranks. JMO

He certainly wasn't living up to his religion. Sleeping with girlfriends before marriage. Assault.

I hope we find out when this was, because my guess is that his family sent him there to keep him out of trouble!! I don't for one second believe that he wanted to be a priest!

Where's Makara when we need her

Not touching that one Tishy. :fence:

I don't believe for one minute that Gittany spent 18 months at a monastery. I can't find the link now but it was reported that he wimped out of his aspirations of becoming a priest, which only came about after he'd been in trouble with the law. It was all show, all a front to get the law off his back.

This isn't the link I was referring to (I'm still looking) but it does explain why Gittany decided to become a priest.

Murderer Simon Gittany Once Said He Wanted To Become A Priest To Avoid Jail

Ben Collins Nov 28 2013.

To escape a full-time custodial sentence for an earlier crime, according to the report he said he had converted to Catholicism, and planned to train as a priest in France.

It appears he'll do anything to escape a gaol term. It's good to see him behind bars now.
French foreign legion, monastery in France or jabbing himself with a syringe of hepatitis-infected blood.
This guy sounds like a real hero!

The Australian can now reveal the NSW drugs squad is investigating a series of suspicious payments between Gittany, who is also a convicted drug dealer, and Jamie Shaun Hijniakoff, 25, and British-born Christopher Stephen Jacques, 38 who have pleaded guilty to producing meth in a secret laboratory northwest of Sydney in 2011.

Gittany's violent criminal history can also be revealed, including how he partially bit off a policeman's ear while trying to evade arrest in 1994, and his bizarre plot to escape weekend detention in 2003 by jabbing himself with a syringe of hepatitis-infected blood.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...lence/story-e6frg6nf-1226770042049#mm-premium

It appears he'll do anything to escape a gaol term. It's good to see him behind bars now.
French foreign legion, monastery in France or jabbing himself with a syringe of hepatitis-infected blood.
This guy sounds like a real hero!

The Australian can now reveal the NSW drugs squad is investigating a series of suspicious payments between Gittany, who is also a convicted drug dealer, and Jamie Shaun Hijniakoff, 25, and British-born Christopher Stephen Jacques, 38 who have pleaded guilty to producing meth in a secret laboratory northwest of Sydney in 2011.

Gittany's violent criminal history can also be revealed, including how he partially bit off a policeman's ear while trying to evade arrest in 1994, and his bizarre plot to escape weekend detention in 2003 by jabbing himself with a syringe of hepatitis-infected blood.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...lence/story-e6frg6nf-1226770042049#mm-premium

Thanks TGY. I did see that article, or part of it. It's behind a pay wall. The one I'm thinking of was a lot more explicit and there was apparent proof that Gittany never entered the priesthood at all. It will be interesting to learn the name of the place where Gittany supposedly spent 18 months. What's the bet they don't have a record of him being there ever?

"A lot has been made of Simon's religious devotion. A lot of people are sceptical, the court was sceptical. It's quite interesting. We went to the monastery where he spent 18 months of his life. "It's not just some holiday camp, this is hard core stuff … in a remote location in France, strict Catholic order, seven hours of prayer, being locked in your cell. They all thought he was destined for priesthood. Everyone did. And then he just got up and left"

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ith-sunday-night/story-e6frfmyi-1226820422702

Thanks TGY. I did see that article, or part of it. It's behind a pay wall. The one I'm thinking of was a lot more explicit and there was apparent proof that Gittany never entered the priesthood at all. It will be interesting to learn the name of the place where Gittany supposedly spent 18 months. What's the bet they don't have a record of him being there ever?

I think this may be the one Makara??...

From petty crim to killer

November 28, 2013

But the documents also depict a deeply conflicted man of devout Catholicism, who had spent weekends as a missionary and openly voicing his ambition to train as a priest.

Gittany's sudden turn of religious devotion, which came as he faced charges for mutilating detective Jones, was instrumental in his receiving two years, six months periodic detention, as opposed to full-time jail, for the malicious wounding.

But Jones remains unconvinced the religious epiphany was genuine.

"People pull those sorts of cards out of the pack to minimise the damage to themselves. He was just another one of those," Jones says.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-crim-to-killer/story-e6frg6z6-1226769967287#

That's the one. Thanks Marly.

I think this may be the one Makara??...

From petty crim to killer

November 28, 2013

But the documents also depict a deeply conflicted man of devout Catholicism, who had spent weekends as a missionary and openly voicing his ambition to train as a priest.

Gittany's sudden turn of religious devotion, which came as he faced charges for mutilating detective Jones, was instrumental in his receiving two years, six months periodic detention, as opposed to full-time jail, for the malicious wounding.

But Jones remains unconvinced the religious epiphany was genuine.

"People pull those sorts of cards out of the pack to minimise the damage to themselves. He was just another one of those," Jones says.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-crim-to-killer/story-e6frg6z6-1226769967287#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member