Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm still catching up on today's reading but may be able to hear the broadcast here. Catch Up

Thanks DRT. It was a good interview where Hedley was laid back and chatty. I was listening live on my way to work. Was good to relisten to it. It’s a brilliant interview. Much more laid back than his other interviews to date

Last edited:
I have just been pondering that since your previous post. Maybe former students need to have their own get-together with Queensland child abuse and sex crimes’ detectives.
Other than the chumminess of both Paul and Chris to the students and the perceived sleaziness by the student of Chris of St Ursula's and I will be unhappy to be proven wrong (for the students not because I am wrong) that the students seemed to like both Chris and Paul. Maybe there are other students that felt they couldn't stand up because everyone else liked Paul or Chris and they thought they were unusual.

Thanks DRT. It was a good interview where Hedley was laid back and chatty. I was listening live on my way to work. Was good to relisten to it. It’s a brilliant interview. Much more laid back than his other interviews to date
Thanks for posting it. Hedley's view from that interview was more that Joanne was a victim of Paul and only saw the full truth once she became a parent. A more direct link is:
Stav, Abby, & Matt Catch Up Podcast

To @k-mac
Hopefully you can get a good night's sleep.
"Ms Jenkins discusses the letter in a new episode of The Australian’s investigative podcast series The Teacher’s Pet, released tomorrow.'
yep this is true drt ;)
disappointed we have had 3 months of Thursday night routine, its just hard catching up through Fridayo_O
bidding the night owls farewell :)x

yep this is true drt ;)
disappointed we have had 3 months of Thursday night routine, its just hard catching up through Fridayo_O
bidding the night owls farewell :)x

Yeah, no cigar yet as far as ep14 goes (didn't win the $100,000,000 Powerball jackpot either).

When there's a delay with such things I immediately wonder if the legals aren't completely happy with something. Or a legal challenge has been made.

One would have to think Peter Dawson would be listening intently to everything that comes out of Hedley's mouth. We have heard how much Peter 'likes' Hedley from the inquiry transcripts.

How predictable is it that when Chris Dawson finally has his day in court his legals argue The Teacher's Pet's market penetration has make it impossible for their client to receive a fair trial. Baring in mind that jurors are not to have preconceived ideas and are meant to only consider evidence furnished in the court room.

I can hear Peter Dawson now, quoting The Teacher's Pet's success and using it to his client's advantage in the court room.

"But your honour, this, I would argue prejudicial podcast, has been downloaded 20 million times! 20 million times your honour, and The Australian, a national newspaper with a readership in hard copy and on-line of....has also seen to it that.....blah, blah, blah..."

Thanks for posting it. Hedley's view from that interview was more that Joanne was a victim of Paul and only saw the full truth once she became a parent. A more direct link is:
Stav, Abby, & Matt Catch Up Podcast

God Almighty@! #!@$ how in hell am I supposed to wait till the afternoon!

I can't see how Chris could separate from Paul in the matter of the murder.. These 'men' had to share their sexual encounters, not just with the same woman, but at the same time, and it would be a stretch to claim that Marilyn didn't join in this , what I would call, an incestuous performance designed to cover up the main attraction.

Murder would have been not a thing to be kept secret from each other.

I was interested to learn that Marilyn taught at the school, in the previous broadcasts she was awfully proud of not working, and I gathered she didn't have qualifications, of any sort, ( she was envious of Lynnettes nursing cert. ) Maybe she was a Library assistant at the school. That would have been easy, husband the Dep.Princ.

My neighbor at a home I once lived in did precisely that. She was the headmasters headmistress, so he employed her as a Librarian, at a librarians pay, and she could barely read her own address on an envelope.

aghh it's only 9am!...

If they have to have the trial at a different location , ( which I doubt ) it wouldn't be hard to find a place in AU where the ' Australian' is used for compost.

There are ways around this matter of ' tainting the jury pool '... ( it is highly possible that Dawson (s) would opt for a judge only trial, considering the costs, and the unlikelihood of them being granted Legal Aid).

And the other nice thing is, Peter Dawson has been too lazy to take silk, he can hoot and holler at Coroner's Inquests, but he doesn't get to approach the bar at the Supreme Court on behalf of his brothers.

God Almighty@! #!@$ how in hell am I supposed to wait till the afternoon!

I can't see how Chris could separate from Paul in the matter of the murder.. These 'men' had to share their sexual encounters, not just with the same woman, but at the same time, and it would be a stretch to claim that Marilyn didn't join in this , what I would call, an incestuous performance designed to cover up the main attraction.

Murder would have been not a thing to be kept secret from each other.

I was interested to learn that Marilyn taught at the school, in the previous broadcasts she was awfully proud of not working, and I gathered she didn't have qualifications, of any sort, ( she was envious of Lynnettes nursing cert. ) Maybe she was a Library assistant at the school. That would have been easy, husband the Dep.Princ.

My neighbor at a home I once lived in did precisely that. She was the headmasters headmistress, so he employed her as a Librarian, at a librarians pay, and she could barely read her own address on an envelope.

aghh it's only 9am!...

There are other great podcasts about to fill in your 'down time' with. I don't want to drag things off topic by naming them, but I am an absolute true crime podcast addict and listen to them every time I turn the key in the car.

There are other great podcasts about to fill in your 'down time' with. I don't want to drag things off topic by naming them, but I am an absolute true crime podcast addict and listen to them every time I turn the key in the car.

I live and breathe 'em , too. This one is the second one from the 'Australian' that I have adhered myself to, 'Bowraville' being the first, such a powerful , powerful story..

I have to take a deep breath and hold my nose to put my precious ears and eyes anywhere near anything from 'the Australian' but in Hedley's case , I make the exception, fooling myself that he wandered in there by mistake and will soon dust off his jacket and back out of there , smartly.

BIG NEWS

The Teacher’s Pet, the investigative podcast series by The Australian, will today release its FINAL episode — for now.

Hedley Thomas said the 14th episode would be the last until new leads were run to ground.

“The investigating and reporting job has largely been done in examining and bringing to light the new evidence that’s out there,” Thomas said.

“It’s not over. We will keep working and we’ll come back when new leads that we are following up have been fully explored.”

Nocookies

well Down time on Friday means I have to actually produce some work for my pay!.. the nerve of some people.!

I got up specially early, too, as I thought it must have been uploaded late. Imagine my fury , and my little dogs fury, too, as we looked at each other and realized we'd been punked!

BIG NEWS

The Teacher’s Pet, the investigative podcast series by The Australian, will today release its FINAL episode — for now.

Hedley Thomas said the 14th episode would be the last until new leads were run to ground.

“The investigating and reporting job has largely been done in examining and bringing to light the new evidence that’s out there,” Thomas said.

“It’s not over. We will keep working and we’ll come back when new leads that we are following up have been fully explored.”

Nocookies

&$&#. That’s not good news. I had a feeling that Hedley would be silenced eventually. Especially as the police force are now investigating the plentiful info Hedley has served up. I guess as long as there is headway being made somewhere we may be getting closer to finding Lyn, punishing her killer/s and getting justice for those innocent school children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco