Australia Australia - Maddison Murphy-West, 20, Pakenham, Vic, 23 Oct 2013

Being a pakenham local and hearing bout this one. Did not know maddie or her bf but working at the local pub at the time and hearing about this from 3 of my patrons who live near on literally 3 mins from where this occurred and the silence for a while , people thought and suspected her partner/ex to be. This was fairly near to kylie Blackwood's murder too. It never was reported linked and thank god nothing since here it was getting too frequent. Ice is a huge problem as is. Seems like it's linked to everything that happens.

It disgusts me that the person who murdered Maddy is still free and the people who could help put him away won't. Vile people.

Apparently the person who supposedly stole the money said it was an honest mistake. How does someone accidentally spend money they know doesn't belong to them?

It disgusts me that the person who murdered Maddy is still free and the people who could help put him away won't. Vile people.

Apparently the person who supposedly stole the money said it was an honest mistake. How does someone accidentally spend money they know doesn't belong to them?

Very messy case, all around.:facepalm:

He is at least in jail on drug charges, so there's some comfort knowing he's not free to roam the streets!

I wonder if he'll 'confess' to seine in there to look tough?

I don't know HOW this guy is still free. He has a history of choking her, leaving marks.. he was THERE, and the death was not a suicide. How hard is it?

Obviously, he's staged the hanging to cover the marks he left on her *again*.

I just don't understand how he's not in prison for this right now.

I don't think he's free, yes free from being charged from Maddy's Murder, but according to the Justice page he's in jail for drug offences. Hopefully they keep him there.

Sorry, I meant "not in jail for murder".

It's great (especially for his poor little son) that he's in jail, but it's not the same as justice for Maddison's murder.

It's great (especially for his poor little son) that he's in jail, but it's not the same as justice for Maddison's murder.

Exactly! But it does mean that everyone is safe from him whilst the police work on their case!

That was my point too. He needs to be brought to justice for Maddy's murder.

Does anyone know how long he has been/will be in jail for? I can't imagine it would be too long =/

543063-3715ef22-17b3-11e4-9008-27f67b099eee.jpg

Suspect Troy Boothey

THE prime suspect in the murder of a young Pakenham mother has been jailed for 14 months after embarking on a crime spree that saw him break his own father’s arm.

But Troy Boothey, 25, could be free in a little under three months with time already served after he was imposed a non-parole period of six months.

The raging ice-addict was earlier this year identified by homicide squad detectives as the number one suspect in the murder of his partner Maddison Murphy-West in her Pakenham home.

Boothey, who has been in custody since April this year, pleaded guilty to 13 charges ranging from recklessly causing injury to dishonesty and drug offences.

In sentencing him, Ms Spencer said she took into account the “compounded grief” he had experienced since being implicated in the murder.

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...lled-crime-spree/story-fnii5sms-1227007419682

BBM What the bloomin' heck is wrong here !!! The judge took into consideration his grief at being implicated in the murder of Maddison when sentencing him ?!!! :confused:

This is a seriously violent ice addict. Punched his uncle in the head and broke his dad's arm (because they helped a girlfriend), broke a window in the friend's car and blamed her, ripped an EFTPOS machine out and threw it at someone, trashed a shop. Thank goodness he does not have custody of Maddison's son!

Looks like he is getting meth scabs on his face too.

543063-3715ef22-17b3-11e4-9008-27f67b099eee.jpg

Suspect Troy Boothey

BBM What the bloomin' heck is wrong here !!! The judge took into consideration his grief at being implicated in the murder of Maddison when sentencing him ?!!! :confused:

This is a seriously violent ice addict. Punched his uncle in the head and broke his dad's arm (because they helped a girlfriend), broke a window in the friend's car and blamed her, ripped an EFTPOS machine out and threw it at someone, trashed a shop. Thank goodness he does not have custody of Maddison's son!

Looks like he is getting meth scabs on his face too.

WHAT?!?

during sentencing of this for crazy harmful actions, the judge reduces the sentence due to the "grief" he is experiencing for being suspected of killing Maddie?!?

:thud:

WHAT?!?

during sentencing of this for crazy harmful actions, the judge reduces the sentence due to the "grief" he is experiencing for being suspected of killing Maddie?!?

:thud:

Almost as good as a QLD judge allowing John Chardon -- convicted of child molesting - to go home for a month "to get his affairs in order" -- a home with two young kids in it!!!

Are they all so overburdened/jaded that they just get to not thinking things through, or what.

Almost as good as a QLD judge allowing John Chardon -- convicted of child molesting - to go home for a month "to get his affairs in order" -- a home with two young kids in it!!!

Are they all so overburdened/jaded that they just get to not thinking things through, or what.

It is almost as if some of them are so tired and burnt out from the constant stream of horrible crime trials that they preside over, that they just do what the defence lawyer requests … to keep the courtroom peace.

People do get burned out from their jobs … and become less passionate, less clear-thinking and effective. They just do what they have to do, follow the precedents, and don’t set new more-appropriate precedents.

And John Chardon .. don’t get me started .. he should have had his affairs in order before he went to court for child rape!

I'm just in shock. I can't believe the judge said that. Just shocking.

I never knew he was a suspect in Kylie's death. I'm really curious to know what initially made him a suspect and then ruled out

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back