Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Do not discuss other members. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or more serious consequences.

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Thank you.

Without having any actual reference for who wants the thread shut down or where that information came from to even gauge its integrity, isn’t it assumptive to assume it’s Sally, or the motives?
I could believe if someone says RB found it and wants it shut down but it does sound counter intuitive for Sally to want stop discussion that clearly helps find information.
As for recognition or credit, everyone here contributing gets respect from our peers who see the great research and gathering of amazing evidence that occurs here, and understand the great lengths to trawl archives and records to get it.

However, Belgium and The Netherlands, were foremost in the OC and drug « trade ». Amsterdam and Antwerp ports were vital to trafficking routes between SE UK and Europe. RB was moving frequently through these ports and all over the UK and Europe under the guise of marketing and trade displays. There is a saying that comes from the animal world of « Don’t S*@t where you sleep.«!! Luxembourg….financial and tax break capital as the « siege » (seat and pun of words) of a more nefarious business could be an ideal set up IMO. RB’s early criminal record with drugs, is, I agree small fry and much earlier in the narrative. However, it does place him in touch with the drug world, which could have escalated to more involvement. JMOO
Agreed that RB frequented Amsterdam, however that would be a necessary move to circumvent passport checks in Belgium or France where he was a wanted fugitive. Amsterdam was his preferred arrival port and he subsequently traveled by car or train to destinations in Belgium, France, Germany etc. Less chance of his true identity ever being scrutinized.

One could also assume he was trading in diamond smuggling as Amsterdam was a known trafficking point for that commodity also.

Luxembourg was as you say, a financial & tax break capital. It was also a safe haven for a man who was wanted in neighbouring countries, to live and conduct business, albeit shonky, in relative safety.

As you say, it is possible he became involved in drug smuggling. It could also be possible that his only interaction with "the drug world" was to purchase a small amount in his local pub for personal use. The possibilities are never ending with this case. IMO

Without having any actual reference for who wants the thread shut down or where that information came from to even gauge its integrity, isn’t it assumptive to assume it’s Sally, or the motives?
I could believe if someone says RB found it and wants it shut down but it does sound counter intuitive for Sally to want stop discussion that clearly helps find information.
As for recognition or credit, everyone here contributing gets respect from our peers who see the great research and gathering of amazing evidence that occurs here, and understand the great lengths to trawl archives and records to get it.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Sally wants to deter discussion or investigation, in fact I'm sure the opposite is the case. I just wonder if the whole media spotlight gets out of control sometimes.

I don’t think anybody is assuming it’s Sally at all

Agreed that RB frequented Amsterdam, however that would be a necessary move to circumvent passport checks in Belgium or France where he was a wanted fugitive. Amsterdam was his preferred arrival port and he subsequently traveled by car or train to destinations in Belgium, France, Germany etc. Less chance of his true identity ever being scrutinized.

One could also assume he was trading in diamond smuggling as Amsterdam was a known trafficking point for that commodity also.

Luxembourg was as you say, a financial & tax break capital. It was also a safe haven for a man who was wanted in neighbouring countries, to live and conduct business, albeit shonky, in relative safety.

As you say, it is possible he became involved in drug smuggling. It could also be possible that his only interaction with "the drug world" was to purchase a small amount in his local pub for personal use. The possibilities are never ending with this case. IMO
From Amsterdam, so many possibilities for travel, another ID/passport to fly to Africa say, to run as an illegal diamond or gold courier. The long frequent trips to Europe could surely not just be to visit family and pick up the shares coupons (pre any fraudulent romance/asset crimes) so if RB (after the seventies) was continuing his criminal career outside of Australia, was it more of the same, fraud, dodgy coin dealing etc or was it something else, regular smuggling trips? You are right BonnieB ,AMS and LUX are key.
MOO

I know lux quite well..and although its not. the drug centre that Amsterdam is, I know drugs reaching the. border areas of Germany and France come from there.

there also used to be a major cult there...when I say major, I mean people coming from all over Europe...they worshipped. an angel called Albert and hit babies when they cried because they thought it was a sign of the devil...around 10 to 15 years ago. the lux authorities set up a separate department to deal with it after a ministers wife had managed to escape...
when the message was received that Marion was alive but would never. be seen again, I wondered if shed been kept. with them, but now I think she ended up in Australia...anyway, ive informed Joni and I'm trying to look into it further...just in case

Yesterday Joni posted this up on the MB FB page.

In part: "I'd like some feedback on these kind of posts, where information that we have discovered earlier (eg. this post content it was February this year during the inquest ) is put up, but without the complete picture.

Is it annoying or interesting to you ? Do you like the challenge of going searching yourself ? Is the older information of interest to you even if it isn't currently what is being worked on ? ......."

The MB missing persons case has attracted wide spread audiences and the person of interest RB has become a massive drawcard as people discover such complexities to his life and the entanglement of an innocent woman who is still missing, possibly murdered.

RB created a lifelong game of cat and mouse, deceptions and drawn out games to attract people.

Reading this post by Joni reminds me of the same in a way.

Whilst there is NO DOUBT much of the information found so far, and more which has not yet been made public at this time, has been due to the tireless work of a TEAM of people behind Sally, I have to say that the Websleuths here have made a massive impact toward the search for Marion and the life of Blum.
I see this everyday as I look back on pages of information posted here and on recent discoverings by sleuths still working hard behind the scenes here on this forum.

Finding information on a missing person isn't about who found what first, who posts up first on any given forum, but it is about a community working together to unearth any snippet of information that may help.

It isn't a game, like Blum set up, it is a real case, real people, everyday people who give up some time in their lives to try and help bring a missing person home to their loved ones.

Asking the community if they like games or dropping pings to communities to ferret away trying to find clues reminds me of a cludeo game where the main player already has all the cards.

I have to wonder now IF the sleuth that actually found that white house here and then posted it all up on that FB page, would it be so well received given it now seems to be a game likened to Blums games.

That photo of the white house which was posted on the FB page was intentionally distorted to create confusion and probably with the hope no one would be able to find out information on it until the big reveal.

But WS's here are smart, hard workers, trying to solve what the hell happened to Marion.

They aren't into games.

Blum has given enough games to last a lifetime.

Acknowledging the continued work by people here EVEN IF it means some of the information has been found prior by MB team, is something everyone should be proud of.

This isn't about one person finding information, how could that be anyways? No, this is about a community that was asked yrs ago to help find Marion, a community that shares what they find without games or distorted truths.

If Joni is calling for more game playing and people have already found the information, I will have no problem sharing it all under those posts.

My focus is helping to find out what actually happened to Marion Barter, not playing mind games on a page that was set up for the very thing we have all united for.

Sifting found information on whether its relevant to the case or RUBBISH, is NOT our decision to make. That is up to the investigation team.

To me some have lost sight on what this case is about and taken a leaf out of RB's book who should have no voice.

Keeping the current tide running on this investigation is not about carrot dangling.
People lose interest very quickly when that happens.

Posting up relevant information on a page set to find Marion should be clear and precise, not a game of cat and mouse.

I have heard some want this thread shut down.
Why?
Because we all work hard at researching or because someone is afraid we know too much.

I have to wonder IF the people who do know the Blum family posted up real information under that post by MB FB, would that stop the games?

Missing persons isnt a game.

It's realife.

Time to refocus your direction I would say to that page.

JMO MOO IMO

Congratulations to all the tireless workers on here who have revealed so much over the years.

I am in awe of what you have all uncovered.
100% behind this. What kind of people want to make games out of a missing persons investigation. I would be so sad and angry if anyone would do that if my loved one was missing. No need to be interesting, funny, gain money out of it or hoping to get famous on the back of a missing person. Just don’t. It’s unrespectful. The only need is to get answers.

Would be nice too to contact the person sharing here if you have an objection on them posting sometething here, not trough other sleuths.

I really regret deleting stuff on ‘their’ question, while people could be finding stuff trough deleted posts. Only used to pretend to find these informations first.

While ‘you’ were putting time in marketing and games , we were sleuthing. I can reccomend, it’s more helpful.

Just my opinion.

Just a further point for the person or persons who have a desire to see this forum shut down.

Have you considered this...?

Websleuths offers anonymity to any person who may otherwise, never come forward with information on a facebook or media page.

He or she may be an associate, a neighbour or someone who saw or simply heard something.
They may be a person who is fearful of repercussions if they speak out publicly.
They may be reluctant to call Crime Stoppers.
They could be a person who holds that crucial clue that leads to finding Marion.

They may be reading this post right now!

JMO

sometime ago a photo was post by @Le_Charlatan (and removed by the admin) of a man in a blue suit with no context, but was clearly posted to bait sleuths into thinking the person was related to the case.

One of our clever sleuths figured out who it was and the original photo located, which has nothing to do with the case or RB

You have to ask yourself what sort of person goes to the effort of joining a website dedicated to locating a missing or possible murdered person and purposely posts misleading, timewasting, irrelevant information like it's a game ?

turns out they are not as clever as they think they are

Wanted to post this in case anyone still thought the photo was anything other than a load of rubbish

sometime ago a photo was post by @Le_Charlatan (and removed by the admin) of a man in a blue suit with no context, but was clearly posted to bait sleuths into thinking the person was related to the case.

One of our clever sleuths figured out who it was and the original photo located, which has nothing to do with the case or RB

You have to ask yourself what sort of person goes to the effort of joining a website dedicated to locating a missing or possible murdered person and purposely posts misleading, timewasting, irrelevant information like it's a game ?

turns out they are not as clever as they think they are

Wanted to post this in case anyone still thought the photo was anything other than a load of rubbish

Well there's only one person I can think of who behaved like that, Mr RB himself.

Interesting post on the Marion Barter FB page:
“Good afternoon everyone
I wanted to give a shoutout to all who have contacted us with information that will help us put the pieces of this gigantic puzzle together Thank you
You need to know every piece of information is SO vital to helping us.
I want to encourage anyone else who knows something, has seen something or remembers something to come forward.
We are keeping your information safe!
Thank you again
I also want to give a shoutout to all the sleuths who are continuing to dig for clues and information that may help. Thank you to each of you! Your efforts are certainly noted.
A side note
It has been mentioned to me that someone contacted a person who had created a family tree of a certain individual and proceeded to call and speak with family members.
We have worked very hard to continue to keep the integrity of the case front and center. No one should be contacted under any circumstances. If you find information you feel is important please contact the police or ourselves via messenger and will pass it on.
Unfortunately when people reach out and contact people they are potentially contaminating a witness and this is not helpful.
Again, appreciate the efforts and understand the want to do this. We have a lot of information too and have had to refrain ourselves from doing exactly this.
Hope you all understand x

Not long to go now…. 111 days to go ⚖️

Do you think RB told MB that he was a special agent for the UK based in Luxembourg - just like he told MC?? The theory was that he was trying to re-enact his dream with MC. He must have told MB the same.....to protect him (in the meantime) she must not tell her family, or indeed anyone because she could put all their lives in danger. Only when they were married in Luxembourg and settled together would it be safe to reveal all. But he wanted to be with her forever.

Last edited:
Just been back to this one and noticed it has been updated

WOUTERS & CORDEMANS

Design and execution of advertising campaigns for third parties, using all media

Updated 12 August -

Also interesting is a company opened the same day by/called "Alain DAVID"! Business of -
  • #4779101 - Retail sale of antiques and old art objects
  • #5250101 - the retail trade in antiques and old art objects
  • #7311001 - Designing and conducting advertising and promotional campaigns for third parties via the various media
  • #7440101 - designing and conducting advertising and promotional campaigns for third parties via the various media. etc……

Also interesting is a company opened the same day by/called "Alain DAVID"! Business of -
  • #4779101 - Retail sale of antiques and old art objects
  • #5250101 - the retail trade in antiques and old art objects
  • #7311001 - Designing and conducting advertising and promotional campaigns for third parties via the various media
  • #7440101 - designing and conducting advertising and promotional campaigns for third parties via the various media. etc……
Interesting: there’s an Andre David living at the same adress says Yelp: David/Andre - Yvoir, WNA

Do you think RB told MB that he was a special agent for the UK based in Luxembourg - just like he told MC?? The theory was that he was trying to re-enact his dream with MC. He must have told MB the same.....to protect him (in the meantime) she must not tell her family, or indeed anyone because she could put all their lives in danger. Only when they were married in Luxembourg and settled together would it be safe to reveal all. But he wanted to be with her forever.

It sounds outlandish at first, but it fits the pattern. It's a very common trope for romance scammers they have a high-level job in the military or for a government which must remain confidential. It also fits right in with the grandiosity of a narcissistic personality like RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member