Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Do not discuss other members. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or more serious consequences.

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Thank you.

The news of the unidentified womans body found in the wall of a unit complex in Alderley, Brisbane is shocking! The description fits that of Marion although the timelines don't necessarily match but still imagine every time an unidentified body shows up how awful it must be for family of missing people. I sincerely hope this woman can be identified and a family gets some closure.

Earlier posted on the MPMB and TLV FB pages - Sally shares her DNA can't be uploaded to the National Database for the police to test as it was only a voluntary sample :(
Unidentified woman found in Brisbane unit complex wall may have died 13 years ago, police say

I had the opportunity to visit the resting place of Ilona Kinczel recently.
Very sobering standing there with no place card. No headstone. No cross. Just overgrown dead grass and weeds.

I pulled the weeds and grass out and took the liberty of placing flowers where the headstone would normally be, on behalf of all the Websleuths in this forum.

There was also a small smooth white stone I saw when I removed the long dead weeds. I could see it had been placed at the head of the grave where I placed the vase, so I placed it on top of other stones I had collected.

I hope that's ok by whoever placed the small white stone there.

I thought of @StarrChance who first found her death certificate and shared it here. And that which led me to find her death documents.

I told her as I stood there that so many people are now her voice. That we know she was caught in the net of a psychopath. And that we will not stop with our search for the truth and that justice will prevail.

Personally for me Ilona Kinczel has been as heartbreaking a journey as it has the findings into the disappearance of Marion Barter. And for some reason I feel Ilona Kinczel will lead us to Marion Barter.

So I said a small piece of a quote that reminds us that she is not resting in a lonely space with no place card, headstone or cross, but that she is everywhere.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Attachments

• 20230112_134022.jpg
    20230112_134022.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 89
Very sobering standing there with no place card. No headstone. No cross. Just overgrown dead grass and weeds.

I pulled the weeds and grass out and took the liberty of placing flowers where the headstone would normally be, on behalf of all the Websleuths in this forum.

There was also a small smooth white stone I saw when I removed the long dead weeds. I could see it had been placed at the head of the grave where I placed the vase, so I placed it on top of other stones I had collected.

I thought of @StarrChance who first found her death certificate and shared it here. And that which led me to find her death documents.

I told her as I stood there that so many people are now her voice. That we know she was caught in the net of a psychopath. And that we will not stop with our search for the truth and that justice will prevail.

Personally for me Ilona Kinczel has been as heartbreaking a journey as it has the findings into the disappearance of Marion Barter. And for some reason I feel Ilona Kinczel will lead us to Marion Barter.

So I said a small piece of a quote that reminds us that she is not resting in a lonely space with no place card, headstone or cross, but that she is everywhere.

I

One of my favourite poems, Mishy! Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep - Wikipedia

Thank you Mishy for representing all those on here. Hopefully all the hard work you have done on that aspect of this case will one day bring Ilona some form of justice at the same time as Marion.

An ad in the Kent & Sussex Courier dated 31 March 1983 for letting of a property at Burwash Weald. Not that far from Mottynsden Lodge so probably a good guide price to what the deH’s were paying. In today’s money £300pm is around £950pm.

Still hoping to find the original ad. A fair chance it’s the same letting agent who were very popular at that time in the Tunbridge Wells and East Sussex area.

Attachments

• 0FCD7403-68C7-4F6A-B639-FED21A9184FF.jpeg
    0FCD7403-68C7-4F6A-B639-FED21A9184FF.jpeg
    265.6 KB · Views: 20
An ad in the Kent & Sussex Courier dated 31 March 1983 for letting of a property at Burwash Weald. Not that far from Mottynsden Lodge so probably a good guide price to what the deH’s were paying. In today’s money £300pm is around £950pm.

Still hoping to find the original ad. A fair chance it’s the same letting agent who were very popular at that time in the Tunbridge Wells and East Sussex area.
Is there any way to find dating ads from that area at the time he was living there? He would have been doing something while living there...?

"The Housing Act 1980 gets little or no publicity but I always say ‘thank you’ to this act when running training courses as this Act was the forerunner to current legislation and was the first time that we could let second/investment homes safely – as long as you followed the very stringent rules.

This Act introduced Protected Shorthold Tenancies – the first time that the word Shorthold entered the language. There were very strict rules… at least three days prior to entering the tenancy you had to serve the tenant with a notice warning them to seek advice as this tenancy was not like previous tenancies under the Rent Act 1977; you could only let the property for a period of one year of more; if you wanted the property back you had to serve the tenant with three months’ notice; that notice had to be served at a particular time – miss the deadline and the tenant got an automatic further year’s tenancy!

The tenant, however, could, at any time, give the landlord one month’s notice to leave."

:oops:

Is there any way to find dating ads from that area at the time he was living there? He would have been doing something while living there...?
Classified ads were really important at they time. It would just be a question of ploughing through all the old editions. British Newspaper Archive has some Kent local papers from the 1980s, but I’m not sure that it has all of them.

I wonder if they actually rented The Coach House at Mottynsden Lodge in Burwash in the period 1983 to 1986 and not the Lodge itself which is valued even higher?

Attachments

• 70B04198-BF69-44B7-9417-5CAAB000F67C.jpeg
    70B04198-BF69-44B7-9417-5CAAB000F67C.jpeg
    143.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 5C3F117A-279B-491D-82A9-082B95A328BF.jpeg
    5C3F117A-279B-491D-82A9-082B95A328BF.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 7E7C2FC7-FAAF-4FB6-82A4-806DA7226B55.jpeg
    7E7C2FC7-FAAF-4FB6-82A4-806DA7226B55.jpeg
    618.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 536B3D22-3511-4621-9C21-0495E8C2B0C2.jpeg
    536B3D22-3511-4621-9C21-0495E8C2B0C2.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 27
  • A1D230FD-52DF-4FA7-99D3-5F2B590FBA92.jpeg
    A1D230FD-52DF-4FA7-99D3-5F2B590FBA92.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 26
  • FF33E1CC-C4DD-46F5-8E99-6C434E31BBDE.jpeg
    FF33E1CC-C4DD-46F5-8E99-6C434E31BBDE.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 29
In the 1980s there seem to be few if any dating ads in the local newspapers.
That’s interesting. I wonder where they were published. I remember there always used to be quite a few ‘lonely hearts’ and ‘personal’ columns, because I used to read the ads avidly when I was a young teenager, wondering how it all worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member