Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Threads are case specific. If your post is not about the case, it is off topic. Do not discuss other members, removed posts, or WS moderation. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members or criticize WS volunteer staff. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or possible temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges..

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Pay special attention to the Copyright rules which are actually copyright LAW. Breach of copyright is one thing that can have legal consequences for both Websleuths and members.

As our much loved Admin, bessie used to say (and it's in The Rules):

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

ALL Websleuths rules are linked in my signature. Please read them, and read them again. If you still have a question, jump off any post with the Report button to ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to when they are able to. Do NOT ask such questions on the public threads.

Thank you.

so mishy, you are saying Sally's timeline may be incorrect ? The alternative is IK left baby with a friend while she worked on a cruise ship to get the fare to go home, then in May baby flies back to Europe and IK flies out of Australia a couple of days later. Is that your understanding? Still then can't see why IK did not fly with baby, especially as no airfare involved for babies under 2 years old. all MOO

No, I'm not saying that at all. What I put up IS Sallys timeline, which is WHY I put her name at the end.

Whilst we are discussing IK, just something else to throw into the mix that hasn’t been mentioned in the news articles…

…around the same time that RB is accumulating traffic offences in 1968, IK herself gets a criminal charge for traffic/haulage offence on 19 August 1968. At this time RB is « working« for the company Euro Ménager, listed at his parent’s address at 15 Avenue Henri Conscience. But it is only a few months before Renov Pubs is set up at the Rue des Franks, 46, Etterbeek address, which IK also lists as her address (as an aside a reminder that « pubs » in French means « adverts » rather than a generic « publications«)

It may or may not be significant but RB’s time with Euro Ménager seemed to involve over the average number of traffic/ haulage offences (hmmm stolen and sold Porche??). Maybe, just maybe IK had been drawn in to a shady world and ended up getting an offence against her name too, but wanted to escape that. Maybe RB thought he had leverage? Just speculating on the timeline around that time given the latest recollections from MR.

IMO
I think absolutely it is significant, and assumed the charge was part of the allusion in the MPMB Facebook post about IK. Something like that being a complicated time in IK’s life and not someone else’s story to tell. IMO JMO

I really feel for IK’s child in this because now we know MJR a) exists [I was convinced he was an RB alias] and b) is still alive Im even more concerned about why her childhood was so awful .

Pain and destruction follow this crap head RB around eh
Is he a an anomaly or are there other equally awful people operating as lifelong middling fraudsters and crime with a string of broken lives in their wake?

JMO imo etc

There actually was a fraudulent dentist, with a history of name changes, from Tunbridge Wells, who was busted in 2018. just a coincidence I’m assuming, I was googling for stories of fraud and crime in kent and Sussex areas and it came up. I won’t link here as assume not connected. Found a Maz too who was a legal secretary!

I also looked for stories about coin and antiques theft in the south of England over the past few decades, obviously I was barking up the wrong tree in this case and I’m pretty sure that’s not why there’s a connection btn RB and the south of England. but wow sidebar there is a LOT of theft from small museums and churches in the UK. Must be pretty lucrative!

Re: Andree Flamme. I just noticed that the Queensland Government's Archival coversheet has incorrectly recorded FdH as an "Australian-born Belgian" when it should have been the other way around. Could this be a reason her letter of complant was not properly researched? The Australian authorities response could have been that "It's out of our jurisdiction and not our problem because he is now a BELGIAN CITIZEN (not living in Australia), where the fraud/theft occurred.

Attachments

• 00A29A1F-CA9C-4402-877F-3C1FA3BC2136.jpeg
    00A29A1F-CA9C-4402-877F-3C1FA3BC2136.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 12
More likely IK put her baby on the plane with her friend to safely be reunited with IK mother and then IK flies out 2 days later to pick up cruise ship where she worked to pay her way home.
This is where she meets MJR

so mishy, you are saying Sally's timeline may be incorrect ? The alternative is IK left baby with a friend while she worked on a cruise ship to get the fare to go home, then in May baby flies back to Europe and IK flies out of Australia a couple of days later. Is that your understanding? Still then can't see why IK did not fly with baby, especially as no airfare involved for babies under 2 years old. all MOO

No, I'm not saying that at all. What I put up IS Sallys timeline, which is WHY I put her name at the end.
ok thanks

Feels kind of sad leaving the old thread behind.

Other thing is, I wonder what the next article in The Australian will be about.

And I wonder if Mr AKA is feeling under a bit of pressure, what with being contacted for comments on a now seemingly regular basis.

This is the headline, but I don't have the content yet. Looks like the Burwash neighbours have started talking.
About time. Impossible to think that there aren’t people in that part of the UK with useful information. I used to assume they were all being contacted behind the scenes; but now that AF, and also IK’s daughter, say they haven’t been formally interviewed/ the full amount of their knowledge and experiences hasn’t been sought out, I feel much less confident and much more worried that it’s just not happening.

Impossible to think that there aren’t people in that part of the UK with useful information.
Not sure this particular report is so useful. These so-called "unusual night-time habits" sound like a fairly generic nosey neighbour complaint in the English suburbs, where the neighbour is retrospectively over-thinking fairly meaningless things, perhaps egged on by a journalist. Maybe that's a bit strong, but it does seem a stretch to relate them to his known crimes and scams.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who drive trucks picking up stuff overnight and/or delivering stuff to warehouses at night.

To be fair, but knowing what we know about him, it wouldn't be a surprise if it was something dodgy.

Last edited:
Not sure this particular report is so useful. These so-called "unusual night-time habits" sound like a fairly generic nosey neighbour complaint in the English suburbs, where the neighbour is retrospectively over-thinking fairly meaningless things, perhaps egged on by a journalist. Maybe that's a bit strong, but it does seem a stretch to relate them to his known crimes and scams.
I suppose it’s good to know one person from Burwash has come forward (whatever their motives) as this might encourage some others if they get to know about it.

I thought Aka was going away for a week at a time and coming back with the food shopping as part of his trip? I thought the sofa factory was then in Belgium?

If he was reported to the police in East Sussex then I assume they will hold a record of FdeH on their files? I know Sally went to see Kent Police when in the UK but not sure if East Sussex Police ever became involved?

As the story has moved on East Sussex has become a bit more relevant now knowing how well he knew the area, JO was taken there and of course Marion spent time travelling around the county and staying there.

I think it is useful as it gives some insight into the relationship with his wife.

Also in my opinion it's an insight into his character.

Someone who gets visibly angry, slamming cupboard doors, frightens people, hmmm...
Agree, further evidence of his coercively controlling behaviour. This would have been the same time as he was having the affair with MC, leaving his wife trapped at home with 2 very young children, away from her friends and family.

I suppose it’s good to know one person from Burwash has come forward (whatever their motives) as this might encourage some others if they get to know about it.

I thought Aka was going away for a week at a time and coming back with the food shopping as part of his trip? I thought the sofa factory was then in Belgium?

If he was reported to the police in East Sussex then I assume they will hold a record of FdeH on their files? I know Sally went to see Kent Police when in the UK but not sure if East Sussex Police ever became involved?

As the story has moved on East Sussex has become a bit more relevant now knowing how well he knew the area, JO was taken there and of course Marion spent time travelling around the county and staying there.
Interesting points re the food delivery vs furniture delivery stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member