Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would keep going on this

If you search any of the names above and in here, you will find the bigger picture with other names connected to them all but basically it was a rort that came to a head when some of the people involved were caught. Some were never held accountable because Solicitors, detectives, politicians, some of Aust top Racing Trainers, Celebrities etc etc were all connected to these criminals, either by buying into what they thought was a legit company/ companies or otherwise.

Another past business partner of convicted insider trader Rene Rivkin was "Richard" Vereker.

I will start with Vereker - the name associated to the family @Lord Peter Flimsy researched - the Mottynsden Oast clan who won't be called into the investigation into MB and AH - how are they related - RV wife is written in newspapers as 'visiting' the UK

@MrsWattle found a link to him and his association to all the players above -

I wont get into the full stories of them all as they are a powerhouse so just being careful - look it all up....
- these are the big boys and IMO, AH is one of the little boys - as he said to Monique "big toddlers are kings in small puddles" - HE MIGHT BE A FOOT SOLDIER ;)

RV - a former butcher, bookmaker, and Wollongong businessman and failed hotelier with his socialite wife and corrupt son - scroll down:

When his meat company went into liquidation in 1993, owing more than a million dollars RV fled overseas where he started selling meat pies in Hungary...... INTERSTING PLACE TO RUN TO......front for money laundering
''Investigators have discovered RV had a gambling history and that's the other reason why he's not going to return to this country.''

SEE ATTACHMENT

There is more on the V family in connection to a fake gallery but I will just keep on this trail with the business partners of old salt Rivkin so it doesnt get confusing, its like a spiders web!!!

Shonky Broker R Rivkin had his hand in another pie with a group who also had invested interests from the same high flyers as above - the racing industry is a huge part in this.
And this company was Spedley merchant banking group and Spedley Securities Ltd - There are dozens of articles about it all if you do a search.

Yuills was an "old boy" of another merchant bank, Martin Corporation, now CIBC Australia Ltd, working there in the early 1970s.

Spedley's co-founder, Ken Hawkins, the former head of the failed Rothwells merchant bank

Meet Ken Hawkins - who seemed to have the same address as AH Sir Thomas Mitchell Road Bondi Beach

and

Meet "Willie West" , "William West", "Theordore Willie West" - and possibly Willie Phillips

Willie West of stockbroking firm Potts West Trumbull also worked at Martin Corp and his Sydney-based partner, Brent Potts, did work for Spedley after being introduced to Yuill via his good mate Rene Rivkin.

https://download.asic.gov.au/media/1347188/spedley.pdf - CHAPTER 6 - CHELSEA PROPERTY
Bisley Investment Corporation Limited From 1979, Bisley Investment became involved in finance, investment and property development. Its subsidiaries included Bisley Asset Management and Bisley Commodities Brokers, then a member of the Sydney Futures Exchange. The directors were John Corner (Managing Director), Ronald Gray, Brent Potts, Theodore William West, Brian Yuill and Brian McGowen. Mr J O'Brien was appointed as liquidator in April 1990.

WILLIE WEST and COMPANY BARING BROS - the attached is a snippet of a full newspaper article outlining all of the business failings and names of above. It wont let me upload the full article

Also the 1991 snippet on the properties and boat is too big to upload

"THE three partners in the former leading stockbroking firm Potts West Trumbull - Mr Brent Potts, Mr Willie West and Mr Chris Trumbull - face an interest bill of between $8.3 million and $9.8 million on top of the recent$15 million court verdict against them in the Spedley Securities case...."

Brent Potts 2008 - Rising like Phoenix from the Ashes

Willie West was a partner of Potts West Trumbull, Members of the Australian Stock Exchange when it was sold to Prudential Bache 1990. He became a venture capital investor in Eastern European start-ups, including $100 million raise for Hungarian Investment Co. Ltd., in conjunction with John Govett in 1990; the provision of $500 million of 'seed capital' for the development of early stage resources in Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. Latterly a founder of Resources Investment Trust plc and thereafter the development of a private equity capital portfolio in the resource sector.

"Meet "Willie West" , "William West", "Theordore Willie West" - and possibly Willie Phillips"

Great finds Mishy! these names are strange and sound familiar don't they!
I cant find a photo or any info about this Willie West stockbroker partner.
Maybe some of the other stockbrokers could clarify.

RB did tell some of his victims he was a multi home owner, merchant banker, and had bank manager friends in Sydney. Paribas?

Common threads with these stories
*Phoenix businesses.
*Bankruptcy
*Hungarian
* Butcher
* Racing/gambling
* Multiple names/ aliases.
* Eastern suburbs of Sydney
* Jewish
* UK
* Crime and corruption
* Money, Greed and embezzlement.
*Corrupt politicians
* Paintings
* Boats

Wednesday 31 May – Friday 2 June 2023

Inquest into the Disappearance and Suspected Death of Marion BARTER

Lismore Local Court, 9 – 11 Zadoc St, Lismore

Before her Honour Magistrate O’Sullivan, State Coroner

Wednesday 31 May – Friday 2 June 2023

Inquest into the Disappearance and Suspected Death of Marion BARTER

Lismore Local Court, 9 – 11 Zadoc St, Lismore

Before her Honour Magistrate O’Sullivan, State Coroner
Wish I could drive up as only a few hours away but luckily have time off to watch online for the days..... hoping Sally and all get further answers and most importantly, evidence presented leads to coroner sending to DPP for charges.... have hope
No doubt will see stuff discovered here on webslueths too

I’m confident that Centrelink has been in touch with the amazing deh couple as no doubt that fraud ongoing and current..... curious and hopeful that includes checking out all known names..... imagine if he has multiple DSP payments coming in.... probably

AC - Was it your understanding he was born in Belgium?

DdeH - Sorry?

AC - Was it you understanding he was born in Belgium?

DdeH - Um, that’s what THEY said, yeh

DdeH - "His family was in Belgium – I met them when I got married
Maria Coppenolle and Willy Wouters , no Andre Wouters I mean
He had 2 cousins – Desire and Fredy - Fredy was a Wouters I guess, and Desire was David or Wouters or one or the other " .

I've been listening to the inquest again and I've been wondering, how did the bank teller know that Marion didn't want to be contacted by family before the missing persons had contacted them? I also would like JOs ex husband to speak about what him and RB would talk about.

I've been listening to the inquest again and I've been wondering, how did the bank teller know that Marion didn't want to be contacted by family before the missing persons had contacted them? I also would like JOs ex husband to speak about what him and RB would talk about.
The corrupt cop Childs is my suspicion :cool:

"Meet "Willie West" , "William West", "Theordore Willie West" - and possibly Willie Phillips"

Great finds Mishy! these names are strange and sound familiar don't they!
I cant find a photo or any info about this Willie West stockbroker partner.
Maybe some of the other stockbrokers could clarify.

RB did tell some of his victims he was a multi home owner, merchant banker, and had bank manager friends in Sydney. Paribas?

Common threads with these stories
*Phoenix businesses.
*Bankruptcy
*Hungarian
* Butcher
* Racing/gambling
* Multiple names/ aliases.
* Eastern suburbs of Sydney
* Jewish
* UK
* Crime and corruption
* Money, Greed and embezzlement.
*Corrupt politicians
* Paintings
* Boats
I just wanted to clarify. These names Willie West" , "William West", "Theordore Willie West" - and possibly Willie Phillips" mentioned have not been proven to be RB aliases.

I’m reminded of this older post from member Peralta:

I think Marion's money was funnelled into timeshare/retirement property investments. It might explain why Marion said she was considering downsizing her home to buy something closer to the beach (she was already seduced into the scam). And also why:

• a 'Remakel' worked at Trenwest (a timeshare company) between 2001 and 2004
  • a random Remakel family from Luxembourg allegedly has endless international property investment companies with potential links to the Panama Papers
  • some people surrounding the case also ended up working in timeshare/retirement property investment
  • some locals (Graham Patrick Higgins) were convicted for defrauding people out of their timeshare/retirement property payments
  • several high profile fraudsters (Paul Joseph McMahon, Goran Markovic) were around there at similar times
  • a foreign man living in the area would be compelled to place an ad in the paper, 'seeking stylish and classy woman with view to marriage'.
If you were interested in scamming an Australian in 1997, the mid east coast was the place to be. It was a hotbed of fraudulent activity.

If you want to know more about the Panama Papers (and the world of financial fraud), check out the movie The Laundromat with Meryl Streep.

However, I still think Marion was miserable and compromised at school, and whatever was going on there pushed her into an even worse situation. They may or may not be linked. But both can be true at the same time.

Rightly or wrongly in my mind I triangulate RB, GC and GP Higgins (worked at Byron Bay bank around the time of Marion’s disappearance) but we’ve seen the inquests keep a very tight focus. Will see what comes out of the next few days.

I’m reminded of this older post from member Peralta:

I think Marion's money was funnelled into timeshare/retirement property investments. It might explain why Marion said she was considering downsizing her home to buy something closer to the beach (she was already seduced into the scam). And also why:
  • a 'Remakel' worked at Trenwest (a timeshare company) between 2001 and 2004
  • a random Remakel family from Luxembourg allegedly has endless international property investment companies with potential links to the Panama Papers
  • some people surrounding the case also ended up working in timeshare/retirement property investment
  • some locals (Graham Patrick Higgins) were convicted for defrauding people out of their timeshare/retirement property payments
  • several high profile fraudsters (Paul Joseph McMahon, Goran Markovic) were around there at similar times
  • a foreign man living in the area would be compelled to place an ad in the paper, 'seeking stylish and classy woman with view to marriage'.
If you were interested in scamming an Australian in 1997, the mid east coast was the place to be. It was a hotbed of fraudulent activity.

If you want to know more about the Panama Papers (and the world of financial fraud), check out the movie The Laundromat with Meryl Streep.

However, I still think Marion was miserable and compromised at school, and whatever was going on there pushed her into an even worse situation. They may or may not be linked. But both can be true at the same time.

Rightly or wrongly in my mind I triangulate RB, GC and GP Higgins (worked at Byron Bay bank around the time of Marion’s disappearance) but we’ve seen the inquests keep a very tight focus. Will see what comes out of the next few days.
Wow.

Quote from TLV page this morning

"Tomorrow the inquest resumes in Lismore and then I can promise you my friends, it’ll be like a dam breaking! "

.....ONE MORE SLEEP!!
Yes all the best to SL!
Love the clipping they have up.

Hopefully Justice will be served

<modsnip: Image removed due to copyright violation of no link to image. ALL images require a link to the source>

Last edited by a moderator:

Link is up!

Inquest into the disappearance of Marion Barter (aka Florabella Natalia Remakel) - Day 14​

Live in 16 Hours

May 31 at 8:30 AM
I think we are all like little kids on here! Waiting restlessly on Christmas Eve, or for Purim, or Eid-al Fitr!! WE MUST GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP TONIGHT, PEOPLE!!

ADMIN NOTE:

Some posts have been removed as WS has been contacted by lawyers for the publication in relation to violations of copyright law.

Please read WS Copyright Rules (all rules are linked in my signature). Basically anything that is behind paywall must be paid for. A link can be provided with a very short paraphrasing of what the content is so that others who wish to purchase the article to read in full may do so. Direct quotes, copy/paste of paywalled articles is not allowed.

Posts containing images or posts stating information as fact, or quoting from any publication, MUST have a link to the source.

On another note, if posts are removed, it's because they were violations of Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules). So ... NO Websleuths is not in cahoots with LE or conspiring with anyone to try to control the narrative. ^^ (and if we were, we wouldn't tell you ;)) ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes