Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkpink

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here and remember that the following Order has been issued in relation to these current live proceedings:

By using this site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The Court Security Act 2005 restricts the use of recording devices, and the unauthorised transmission/distribution of court proceedings/recordings. Restrictions may apply under the Coroners Act 2009. Breaches of Court Security Act 2005 and the Coroners Act 2009 may constitute a criminal offence. Failing to comply with a Court’s order may constitute the offence of contempt of court.

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Threads are case specific. If your post is not about the case, it is off topic. Do not discuss other members, removed posts, or WS moderation. Everyone is here to discuss the case, not critique other members or criticize WS volunteer staff. Such posts are off topic and will be removed and there may be Warning Points issued or possible temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges..

ALL images require a link to the source. No link, no post !!

Just because someone has the same name does not mean they are the same person. Do not post information about anyone unless you are 110% sure it is the intended person.

Pay special attention to the Copyright rules which are actually copyright LAW. Breach of copyright is one thing that can have legal consequences for both Websleuths and members.

As our much loved Admin, bessie used to say (and it's in The Rules):

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

ALL Websleuths rules are linked in my signature. Please read them, and read them again. If you still have a question, jump off any post with the Report button to ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to when they are able to. Do NOT ask such questions on the public threads.

Thank you.

Agnes Plume transcript-ish that no one really asked for…

Casselden - Agnes is giving evidence from Portugal. She met Frederick DeHedevary in May/June 2010. She was a widow living in Belgium at that time. She had been widowed for approximately a year at that time. She was alone but well. She met him through her son and daughter who seemed to know him. He moved into her home from the 10th of May until the 4th of June. Her son in law said he was looking for a place to stay. He had his own bedroom during that stay. She was not confined to a wheelchair at the time. She did not need to use a wheelchair from time to time at that time. She was not diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia at the time. (She thought this was a funny question.) She also could string more than a few words together. (Again she is laughing at this. She actually didn’t at first answer the question because of laughter.) She was not being seen by a doctor all the time while AKA was staying there, and did not see a doctor while he was staying with her. He offered to value her deceased husband’s coin collection. She doesn’t remember if he actually did value it. He took the coin collection. She knows that he took it because he was reviewing the coins and she went out for an errand and when she returned home “everything was gone”. She’s asked to clarify, it was just the coin collection that was gone. When AKA left with the collection, he left a note saying he was leaving and said, she thinks, that he’d be back the next day. But she never saw him again. She never saw the coin collection again. Her son did receive some of the coins back from AKA. Agnes is starting to fade, she’s tired. They only got some of the coins back, not the full collection. Looking at page 3 of a document bundle they sent her daughter, apparently a statement of interview that she gave to the police in Brussels. She provided that on the 9th of June 2010. She doesn’t remember why she made the statement (she is really fading now, poor lady). Casselden asked what she thought of AKA denying her accusations. She said he lies.

She’s granted a short break. (This lady is so wonderful btw. And I’d be surprised if she hasn’t been a witness/given testimony before for one reason or another because she absolutely answers just the question asked and no more.)

Smith (AKA’s lawyer). Her son in law was not a coin collector himself. And he was not a member of a coin collector club that he husband was a part of. She believes her SIL met AKA at work. She doesn’t quite remember where he worked, she thinks he was working at the national library. She herself is not interested in coin collecting. She did not ask her SIL for ways to sell off/dispose of her late husband’s coin collection. She did not ask her SIL to find someone to value the coin collection. She did not attain a valuation of the coin collection from the coin collectors club (she kind of laughed at this question). She DID think she was talking to AKA for a valuation of the collection. And she was not aware that SIL was having discussions with AKA to sell the collection. (If he was). SIL did not report to her any conversations he and AKA had in regards to the collection. AKA did return some of the coins, and that happened not long after AKA left. The coins were returned after her son or daughter sent an email to AKA asking for them to be returned. Coroner steps in when he wants to ask if the taking of the coins and returning of the coins was due to a misunderstanding. Coroner doesn’t think she can answer the question as asked. He rewords the question and AP says she doesn’t believe it was. He asks if she was aware of the extent of conversations between SIL and AKA regarding the collection. She says no. Some back and forth about what she means.

And she just logged off as soon as they said they were done and as the Coroner was about to thank her for making herself available.
Thank you, this is great

I wonder how long compulsive liar will be able to retain his lawyer for?

Off topic but I have been following the case of the 'suitcase murderer', Sarah Boone, in USA and she is currently on her sixth legal representative despite being remanded in custody on a murder charge, it would appear to be that thus far her previous lawyers have been unable to work with her and even now there is a serious problem with the latest one.

I would imagine that RB could easily fall into the same category of personality that cannot take guidance, take responsibility, or be honest. JMO

I'll be reading these posts throughout the day to keep up with the inquest. I am on a 'school' excursion today, alongvwith 96 students so I won't be able to watch the inquest during my lunch breaks lol. Thanks for the info. I had no idea RB was in respite care.... I guess there goes my $50 on the wheelchair.... I think the other suggestions of oxygen, hooked up to a medical bed etc are much more accurate. Darn......

@Lord Peter Flimsy - sorry I cant quote you but I agree 100%!

And I doubt VERY MUCH that AH kids would be paying their fathers costs lol

I'll be reading these posts throughout the day to keep up with the inquest. I am on a 'school' excursion today, alongvwith 96 students so I won't be able to watch the inquest during my lunch breaks lol. Thanks for the info. I had no idea RB was in respite care.... I guess there goes my $50 on the wheelchair.... I think the other suggestions of oxygen, hooked up to a medical bed etc are much more accurate. Darn......

If he's been ordered to attend in person, there is no way the courts can breach any requirement to fully meet his medical and health & safety needs. I speculate he will attend using his walker or maybe in a wheelchair and possibly with an attendant carer who, conveniently for the both of them, will not be his wife.

Maybe an inhaler or some type of fumbling around with packets of tablets will be sighted. Expect overt performances of feebleness, forgetfulness, confusion, misunderstandings, directly contradicting himself within only one sentence 'yes, I most definitely did do that, absolutely not, I would never' type of garbage. Possible outbreaks of anger and frustration if he can't keep it together. I wish we could have really close up camera angles on him. I bet he has plenty of tells.

You’re welcome. I’m starting to worry that they’ll take the Inquest off YouTube And want to make sure we have the info if that happens.
Thank you so much for the summary !
It was great for those that couldn't watch it!

I noticed they had the daughters name Agnes Plume on the VL instead of Andree Flamme -?

Thanks all for the updates and summaries, great to read through this morning to get ready for today.
Watched ol RB last night telling his story of JO supposeb belly dancing and how he was bewitched by her and helping with belly dancing connections.....the scarf as she belly dances for him........ what will today bring in regards to the wonderful ladies we heard from yesterday.... what will RB state when confronted with his lies.... watching the last inquest recordings I was able to see many more moments where the legal reps were trying hard to have poker faces..... anyway hopefully much will come from today and hopefully also more questions about the moving and the boxes/chests..... must have something about them..... I’ve imagined he stupid enough to reuse them or again, they were seen in place that exposes something.....

Perhaps the later starting time for the inquest today is to cater for RB and his needs.

A lady I met who lived in a retirement village and no longer drove, relied on the retirement villages bus.
She could no longer get to meetings that began at 8.30 , because the driver didn't start work til 9am.
'

So maybe RB is relying on that kind of transport.

Last edited:
Perhaps the later starting time for the inquest today is to cater for RB and his needs.

A lady I met who lived in a retirement village and no longer drove, relied on the retirement villages bus.
She could no longer get to meetings that began at 8.30 , because the driver didn't start work til 9am.
'

So maybe Trump is relying on that kind of transport.

Trump LOL!

Maybe RB has been de-funded? Back to basics? I'd personally pay for him to be chauffeur driven in a Rolls Royce if it meant he'd be there answering questions. Cannot be trusted to get a bus from A to B.

Expect antics and diversionary tactics of any level from schoolboy to seasoned prisoner. He's probably already rung through a hoax b_mb threat and is practising falling over dead faint as we speak. Hope the courthouse check his pockets. Don't let him near matches, lighters, hot liquids, sharp objects, or glassware.

Trump LOL!

Maybe RB has been de-funded? Back to basics? I'd personally pay for him to be chauffeur driven in a Rolls Royce if it meant he'd be there answering questions. Cannot be trusted to get a bus from A to B.

Expect antics and diversionary tactics of any level from schoolboy to seasoned prisoner. He's probably already rung through a hoax b_mb threat and is practising falling over dead faint as we speak. Hope the courthouse check his pockets. Don't let him near matches, lighters, hot liquids, sharp objects, or glassware.
Wearing an eye patch and a wooden leg......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie