Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They definitely have enough to say MB is deceased and what the circumstances surrounding her disappearance were. But there isn't enough to determine when and how she died, or if someone was involved :(

Unless the homicide squad has evidence we don't know about.

I honestly don't know if he'll ever be arrested for the romance scams, which are notoriously hard to convict for.

Vote #1 AKA in solitary confinement.
He is in a care placement with predominantly female residents and predominantly female staff.
He has a criminal pattern of fraud, theft, violence, deceit, and goodness knows what else against women.
Irrespective of any diagnosis he may or may not have, the women around him need to be protected from him.

They definitely have enough to say MB is deceased and what the circumstances surrounding her disappearance were. But there isn't enough to determine when and how she died, or if someone was involved :(

Unless the homicide has evidence we don't know about.

I honestly don't know if he'll ever be arrested for the romance scams, which are notoriously hard to convict for.
Agreed. IMO not enough evidence unless there’s things we don’t know about still being investigated (which likely would’ve formed part of the inquest so I’m doubtful). Might be other elements he can be arrested for in the future but IMO probably not the romance scams. Also unless there’s some exceptions to the statute of limitations in Belgium then there’s not a great deal their courts can do either IMO.

It was curious how Smith started asking questions about poison and Casselden said it wasn't the right time to discuss it. I get the feeling the inquest is solely focused on the scam part of it all, and to see what RB would divulge about Marion, and aren't dwelling on the potential for murder. I guess that is being left for the homicide squad and an ongoing separate investigation. IDK. I hope homicide are still investigating.

I suppose once the inquest is over, the podcast/Joni will be able to reveal EVERYTHING they know and are keeping under wraps. That might help push things along.

Vote #1 AKA in solitary confinement.
He is in a care placement with predominantly female residents and predominantly female staff.
He has a criminal record for fraud, theft, violence, deceit, and goodness knows what else against women.
Irrespective of any diagnosis he may or may not have, the women around him need to be protected from him.

100%

IMO some avenues for investigation (with assumptions) here:
1: Assume Bank Manager did see MB in BB and she mentioned Bali but that the date was wrong and it was the year before = MB was talking about Bali in January 1996
2: Assume Bank Manager did see MB in 1997 and she was wrong about the festival ….Check out whether Silverchair played in BB any other time during August - October 1997.
3: Assume Bank Manager is providing a made up story and inserting herself into the events? Why?
4: Assume Bank Manager is providing a false story involving MB and Bali ahead of the Bali revelations….why and how and who provided the story?

OK this is just off the top of my head and IMOO and there are no doubt more permutations but it’s a start!
I think the answer to #3. Is (as I think has been previously suggested) that the Bank Manager was influenced by the reward… JMOO

Just in relation to the TLV post of the GDD and FdH Engagement Invitation https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...FTaaKZUVjiq8Ux91LBn6PBveil&id=100046329523281

My translation of the handwritten French on it brings me to this restaurant in Nébias, near Carcassonne, southern France. I have rellies near Carcassonne, so will delve further.

Last edited:
RB projects his own behaviour onto others. I think they should engage a Psychiatrist or Psychologist to examine RB and give a report as that would help them to understand his behaviours and perhaps help in a prosecution or even send him to a mental hospital!
I would like to hear again from Laura Richards, the professional criminal behavioural analyst who gave an excellent summary of RB on the last TLV podcast "Gaslight”. Worth listening too again.

I think the answer to #3. Is (as I think has been previously suggested) that the Bank Manager was influenced by the reward… JMOO
But doesn’t the information she gives have to lead to an answer to where Marion is/who murdered her in order to be paid out on a reward? If she’s making it up, how is that going to qualify for a pay out?

"She was living her life". Uh that's so sad because this is the exact pattern where he reverses the truth and it starts with the questions 'how would I know' or 'how could I do that' etc. Then he states the lie. That's a pattern. Maybe he knows she wasn't living her life :(
That is one thing that stuck out to me (& infuriated me no end)… instead of answering a question with a simple yes or no, he answers with a question… “how would I know?”… “how could I do that?” Grrr!!

Inquests are to determine if there is reasonable grounds to suggest a missing person is dead.
They also attempt to address WHEN and HOW they died.
And also the EVENTS LEADING TO and SURROUNDING their disappearance and death.
The Coroner can say if she believes someone was likely involved with the death.

All of this new info we're getting from witnesses is addressing the events leading to and surrounding her disappearance.
Thank you. This helps me put the procedure into perspective and not wish for it to be something it’s not.

I *think* the purpose is to establish if RB is connected to the disappearance of Marion, subsequent to her being formally declared a missing person by the police. And either following her being formally declared 'presumed dead' -or- in order to declare her as such. I could be mistaken.

Obviously, if the inquiry do conclude that RB is connected to Marion's disappearance and / or she is presumed dead, that would become a clear criminal matter and could force the hand of the police, nationally and internationally to step up investigations - maybe it opens doors that currently are not appropriate as her whereabouts it's considered 'unknown' and 'voluntarily'. JMO MOO
Thank you!

I'm not qualified to comment on psychiatric disorders but there are various known Cluster B personality disorders which can imply altered states of being, shifting personas, rotating ego defences, not having one core true self or moral compass and also being grandiose, entitled, lacking in empathy, and criminally exploitative.

Sometimes people who struggle with these types of thing are keenly aware that there's something not right and different about them.
I agree with everything you stayed here, however, I meant what do you think he will claim is physically wrong with his head and what explains the stuttering - even can his disability be proven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak