Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else a little irritated with how the latest tranche of the inquest was hyped up on the TLV Facebook pages?

One post said it will “be like a dam wall opening”. I learnt little that was new, which is okay, it’s not about me it’s about Sally and her mother - but I couldn’t help but be a bit disappointed.

But doesn’t the information she gives have to lead to an answer to where Marion is/who murdered her in order to be paid out on a reward? If she’s making it up, how is that going to qualify for a pay out?
That makes sense to me but I’m not totally sure of what warrants a reward. i.e. could person or persons be eligible for a portion (if not all) of a reward if information leads to a result?

No, instead he says there’s something wrong with his head. No S*** Sherlock.
But he can somehow remember about all the valuable coins. He had no issue remembering the other ladies and he also remembers quite a lot about events that happened years ago from earlier inquests... I smell bs and it STINKS!

Anyone else a little irritated with how the latest tranche of the inquest was hyped up on the TLV Facebook pages?

One post said it will “be like a dam wall opening”. I learnt little that was new, which is okay, it’s not about me it’s about Sally and her mother - but I couldn’t help but be a bit disappointed.
Yes, it seemed mainly just the engagement notice and getting the pattern of additional women on the record.

I wondered what the docs they were referring to at the end were - something about a doctor’s letter?

Just in relation to the TLV post of the GDD and FdH Engagement Invitation https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...FTaaKZUVjiq8Ux91LBn6PBveil&id=100046329523281

My translation of the handwritten French on it brings me to this restaurant in Nébias, near Carcassonne, southern France. I have rellies near Carcassonne, so will delve further.
I will be in Carcassonne in July on a tour of Europe for three months so I might be able to see this place.

I will be in Carcassonne in July on a tour of Europe for three months so I might be able to see this place.
These are some of the symptoms I think we have all observed. But do not name it as it will be deleted.

• Ignoring right and wrong.
  • Telling lies to take advantage of others.
  • Not being sensitive to or respectful of others.
  • Using charm or wit to manipulate others for personal gain or pleasure.
  • Having a sense of superiority and being extremely opinionated.
  • Having problems with the law, including criminal behavior.
  • Being hostile, aggressive, violent or threatening to others.
  • Feeling no guilt about harming others.

Now in his 80s and diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, Mr Blum sat hunched over in the witness chair, wearing a dark grey sweater.

His speech was heavily stuttered and at times he shrugged and said he had difficulties remembering details.

The inquest was adjourned for findings to be handed down at a future date to be advised.

A lot to digest there but I keep coming back to the hope and recent Dawson case..... found guilty as judge could not find any other alternative from all the lies he told over the years (hence a premeditation and murder- if that makes sense). The facts from witnesses that told Lynette would never leave her family and children..... and again no testimony from Dawson.... the lies and patterns in the end gave his result. Oh throw in a cult too haha.
I know a long way off, but again... precedent set with Dawson and very similar legal tracks followed so again can only hope it heads this way for RB and some form of justice for Marion in the end....
just my opinion but I think the coroner will refer to DPP with known RB as suspect.....I do think they have enough for a trial by the end of reviewing everything in its whole.... again, broad and my thoughts only

he’s pretending to have Parkinson’s and not doing a very good job of it. After watching a close family member deteriorate and die from this disease I have a lot of experience with it.

What to Know About Malingering​

That makes sense to me but I’m not totally sure of what warrants a reward. i.e. could person or persons be eligible for a portion (if not all) of a reward if information leads to a result?
I’m not sure how the rewards claims work but surely there would have to be some rigour around the process otherwise they would be inundated with claims. IMO, the only conclusion is either that the bank manager is telling the truth but mixing up the time markers, or she’s making the story up to cover herself for allowing a withdrawal by an imposter.

A lot to digest there but I keep coming back to the hope and recent Dawson case..... found guilty as judge could not find any other alternative from all the lies he told over the years (hence a premeditation and murder- if that makes sense). The facts from witnesses that told Lynette would never leave her family and children..... and again no testimony from Dawson.... the lies and patterns in the end gave his result. Oh throw in a cult too haha.
I know a long way off, but again... precedent set with Dawson and very similar legal tracks followed so again can only hope it heads this way for RB and some form of justice for Marion in the end....
just my opinion but I think the coroner will refer to DPP with known RB as suspect.....I do think they have enough for a trial by the end of reviewing everything in its whole.... again, broad and my thoughts only
Yes he’s certainly channelling Dawson’s tactics with suggestions that Marion is still alive, joined a cult, left to start a new life etc, also that the podcast is unfairly painting him. Good on AC for reminding him that the stories from these ladies were reported to police long before the podcast was launched (and this fact has also made it into the ABC article today!)

I’m not sure how the rewards claims work but surely there would have to be some rigour around the process otherwise they would be inundated with claims. IMO, the only conclusion is either that the bank manager is telling the truth but mixing up the time markers, or she’s making the story up to cover herself for allowing a withdrawal by an imposter.
I’ve just been doing some research on this and the NSW police website itself states
“You may be eligible for a reward if you can provide information that leads to an offender being charged and convicted. Any information you have about any of these cases is worth giving to police, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.”

Source: Rewards Offered - NSW Police Public Site

Interestingly, we don’t know who gets reward money or what cases it’s paid out in to protect informants. There are figures published though to say how much has been paid out in reward money each year.

One article says the following about the reward process;

“The reward process begins once the lead investigator on the case for which information is offered submits a report to the Rewards Evaluation Advisory Committee.

Made up of about 10 experts and chaired by a senior NSW police assistant commissioner, the committee assesses the application and makes a recommendation to the NSW government.”

Source: Do police ever really pay out reward money?

IMO - members of the general public probably don’t know the ins and outs of the rewards process. They’re just seeing billboards or social media posts that there is a reward and the reward amount. I can see some people trying to take advantage of this for a slice of a $500,000 pie but I don’t mean any specific witnesses I just think rewards probably generate a lot of new tips that may or may not be legitimate. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea