Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the car was genuinely sold 3 months after purchase, I suspect the car was used for nefarious reasons and requires luminal testing.
If it was kept in family until 2001, then less likely.
However, it's also possible RB changed number plates and registration or some such dodgy thing.
So who the hell knows.
Possible. If The son had the car up until 2001.. would he have been at Uni then.. in Victoria? Vic plates? Just throwing some maybes out

I think his ramblings that MB wanted to disappear was the final nail for all in parties sitting in the room seeing him for what he is. A complete narcissist liar.

It’s not just about theft or fraud. He could steal from people anywhere. What he does is cruelty.

This is a game to him.

He IMO has scoured newspapers for years reading and searching for lonely people wanting friendship/companionship/love

If he has placed an ad it’s because he’s had to and run out of $ or his ego is in need of the ‘thrill’

The thrill for him is knowing weakness and ensuring he uses the right bait.

His moves quick. It’s a whirlwind. This is a GAME for him.

He portrays himself as successful financial and that is to show he isn’t a threat so a woman who has assets or financial freedom doesn’t have to worry that he us after her money.

None of this is playing by the seat of his pants this is a well thought out pattern and plan. That he has refined over the years.

Yes he is pattern is to leave them high and dry.

But what if it took MB returning for him to realise that’s a mistake and never to do that again? Alter the plan, adjust it..for next victim?

There is no way mb’s chests were stored there and she came to collect. He clearly has tried to keep his other women seperate from his home life.

He admits - the last time he saw her was at wollongbar… WHY????

He doesn’t need to say that.
He has said that for a reason!

Was the last time anybody at all saw MB alive in wollongbar?

What’s the reason?

she may have been seen by someone?
Because he has had stuff of hers in his possession?
There’s something.

Or it’s actually the only thing he’s said that’s truth.

There’s not a lot of detail of her leaving wollongbar just lots of her arriving.

Wollongbar matters! The Magna matters.
The rumour started long ago of found and wants to disconnect from family matters.

That is in his playbook. Don’t tell your kids just leave with me. (Name change / Returning home)

He started that rumour I bet.

Wollongbar matters!!!!!!!!

JMO

If we assume DdeH (and her son & daughter) are totally innocent they can no longer argue they are ignorant of his behaviour and crimes after watching him being questioned at the inquest. His performance this week was utterly pathetic, taking everyone attending for fools. It was embarrassing to watch.

Even if they are totally innocent they are still key witnesses and any loyalty to him surely has to go out the window. On a human level surely they must read of Sally’s anguish. For God sake her brother took his own life over Marion’s disappearance.

What stories has he fed them over the years? I want to know and I think Sally has a right to know. You can’t tell me the clues were never there.

We just have to hope they have told NSW Police more than we know at the moment. I have a horrible feeling they haven’t though.

I think his ramblings that MB wanted to disappear was the final nail for all in parties sitting in the room seeing him for what he is. A complete narcissist liar.

It’s not just about theft or fraud. He could steal from people anywhere. What he does is cruelty.

This is a game to him.

He IMO has scoured newspapers for years reading and searching for lonely people wanting friendship/companionship/love

If he has placed an ad it’s because he’s had to and run out of $ or his ego is in need of the ‘thrill’

The thrill for him is knowing weakness and ensuring he uses the right bait.

His moves quick. It’s a whirlwind. This is a GAME for him.

He portrays himself as successful financial and that is to show he isn’t a threat so a woman who has assets or financial freedom doesn’t have to worry that he us after her money.

None of this is playing by the seat of his pants this is a well thought out pattern and plan. That he has refined over the years.

Yes he is pattern is to leave them high and dry.

But what if it took MB returning for him to realise that’s a mistake and never to do that again? Alter the plan, adjust it..for next victim?

There is no way mb’s chests were stored there and she came to collect. He clearly has tried to keep his other women seperate from his home life.

He admits - the last time he saw her was at wollongbar… WHY????

He doesn’t need to say that.
He has said that for a reason!

Was the last time anybody at all saw MB alive in wollongbar?

What’s the reason?

she may have been seen by someone?
Because he has had stuff of hers in his possession?
There’s something.

Or it’s actually the only thing he’s said that’s truth.

There’s not a lot of detail of her leaving wollongbar just lots of her arriving.

Wollongbar matters! The Magna matters.
The rumour started long ago of found and wants to disconnect from family matters.

That is in his playbook. Don’t tell your kids just leave with me. (Name change / Returning home)

He started that rumour I bet.

Wollongbar matters!!!!!!!!

JMO
Why would he talk about the tea chests if they were never at his home? I can't see any reason unless there was (at one point) evidence that the chests were delivered there or seen in the garage for example. Highly doubtful they were ever picked up by Marion and the whole made up pilot story though.
The inquest witnesses have proven that it was RB that wanted them to cut off from their families and friends, so logical to assume it was the same with MB and her postcards/fone calls add weight to that.
Agree, any mistakes made re Marion were not repeated and the scam was refined.

If we assume DdeH (and her son & daughter) are totally innocent they can no longer argue they are ignorant of his behaviour and crimes after watching him being questioned at the inquest. His performance this week was utterly pathetic, taking everyone attending for fools. It was embarrassing to watch.

Even if they are totally innocent they are still key witnesses and any loyalty to him surely has to go out the window. On a human level surely they must read of Sally’s anguish. For God sake her brother took his own life over Marion’s disappearance.

What stories has he fed them over the years? I want to know and I think Sally has a right to know. You can’t tell me the clues were never there.

We just have to hope they have told NSW Police more than we know at the moment. I have a horrible feeling they haven’t though.
IMO it is highly unlikely they will 'shop' their father at this stage, unless they are incriminated of course. Being rasied by RB, they are IMO just as likely to think 'stupid women' rather than have any compassion for the victims of fraud.

IMO it is highly unlikely they will 'shop' their father at this stage, unless they are incriminated of course. Being rasied by RB, they are IMO just as likely to think 'stupid women' rather than have any compassion for the victims of fraud.
Yep, and Mdh is just concerned with her celebrity mates by the looks of things.

Because they are just like their father, you only need to look at the evidence given by the neighbour and the son himself threatening legal action to A.F.
And DdeH certainly doesnt look like she's concerned about her welfare in the photos we have seen publicly and photos of her that some of come across through their own research of the time.
She is a player in this game of cat and mouse.
If nothing else they can get her for perjury.

imo

The kids could be torn between believing some of his lies, their own cognitive dissonance, split loyalty, plus some serious fears about what all this means for their own life situations.

I hope they are and I hope they start remembering things and speaking out.

Maybe the Inquiry verdict will sway them. Here's hoping.

As for her, probably a hopeless case, she might even just be the ball-breaker wife who pushed him further into his 'big wins'. She sure sounded like she couldn't care less about anyone or anything at the Inquest.

JMO MOO

Why would he talk about the tea chests if they were never at his home? I can't see any reason unless there was (at one point) evidence that the chests were delivered there or seen in the garage for example. Highly doubtful they were ever picked up by Marion and the whole made up pilot story though.
The inquest witnesses have proven that it was RB that wanted them to cut off from their families and friends, so logical to assume it was the same with MB and her postcards/fone calls add weight to that.

Because IMO they were taken directly there from Marion's to his home, using a third party.
As such there could be direct evidence. Plus plenty of witnesses, including his wife and children, recalling the tea chests and maybe some of the contents. He messed up big time. He doesn't want to perjure himself, that's what it's all about.

If there was a removal company, even a phoney removal company, there's either a company out there somewhere who could have the record of Marion's address to his address or there's other living beings out there who can recall moving the stuff from A to B and want no part in it or can grass him up.

He would have made sure Marion didn't know where the chests were going as he was having her believe they were being shipped to Europe for when they had their home. As per the scam he pulled on GDD - pick out your favourite treasures and valuables so I can send them ahead and they will be there when you arrive.

JMO MOO

"[The Coroner's] options include referring the matter to the Director of Public Prosecutions if she’s of the opinion a known person has committed an indictable offence." So if the inquest set up the pattern of Blum's behavior and the pattern of the women he defrauded, then it is entirely possible IMHO that the Coroner could recommend the "known person" could be held accountable for Marion's disappearance.

From 7News.com.au 3 Jun 2023: The Lady Vanishes: Conman Ric Blum maintains his denials as accusations pile up at inquest into disappearance of Marion Barter (no paywall)

Because IMO they were taken directly there from Marion's to his home, using a third party.
As such there could be direct evidence. Plus plenty of witnesses, including his wife and children, recalling the tea chests and maybe some of the contents. He messed up big time. He doesn't want to perjure himself, that's what it's all about.

If there was a removal company, even a phoney removal company, there's either a company out there somewhere who could have the record of Marion's address to his address or there's other living beings out there who can recall moving the stuff from A to B and want no part in it or can grass him up.

He would have made sure Marion didn't know where the chests were going as he was having her believe they were being shipped to Europe for when they had their home. As per the scam he pulled on GDD - pick out your favourite treasures and valuables so I can send them ahead and they will be there when you arrive.

JMO MOO
I obviously didn't express myself very well as I believe the chests were at his house with all the resulting implications. I was just musing that Marion may have known or been able to trace the address (even if she didn't know it was his home address) and this was one reason she had to 'disappear'. Mistakes were probably made in regard to Marion that weren't made in the later scams..Marion was never seen again, the others were left overseas. All MOO

Based on all your comments recently for the first time I feel like I'm getting a plausible idea of what happened at the end of Marion's life. RB left her in Europe believing he had everything he needed to clear out Marion's bank accounts and steal her possessions. AND like some of you have said, he does not befoul his home nest. He may have left her the Barclay's account on purpose or because he couldn't get to it. Somehow Marion learns from her bank that withdrawals are happening back in Australia OR someone has made an inquiry about her account OR some other red flag is raised. Concerned she returns to figure things out thinking it will just take a week, maybe not even suspecting RB at the time, maybe not even knowing RB is in Australia. Marion arrives home, finds out it's RB stealing from her. Or runs into RB and DdH on the street even! Meanwhile RB's shocked she's back and panics. Here it finally is, on his home turf, he and his wife will be convicted of theft. He has no choice but to kill Marion because his entire swim-team-coin-collector-pensioner life and family will be destroyed. The car is necessary to transport Marion alive and/or dead. okay, now you can poke holes. :)

Based on all your comments recently for the first time I feel like I'm getting a plausible idea of what happened at the end of Marion's life. RB left her in Europe believing he had everything he needed to clear out Marion's bank accounts and steal her possessions. AND like some of you have said, he does not befoul his home nest. He may have left her the Barclay's account on purpose or because he couldn't get to it. Somehow Marion learns from her bank that withdrawals are happening back in Australia OR someone has made an inquiry about her account OR some other red flag is raised. Concerned she returns to figure things out thinking it will just take a week, maybe not even suspecting RB at the time, maybe not even knowing RB is in Australia. Marion arrives home, finds out it's RB stealing from her. Or runs into RB and DdH on the street even! Meanwhile RB's shocked she's back and panics. Here it finally is, on his home turf, he and his wife will be convicted of theft. He has no choice but to kill Marion because his entire swim-team-coin-collector-pensioner life and family will be destroyed. The car is necessary to transport Marion alive and/or dead. okay, now you can poke holes. :)
In this scenario, does RB have Marion's bank cards and/or whatever else is needed to drain her account which is still in the name of Barter?

O
Def Marion didn’t collect tea chests..and there was no pilot

I obviously didn't express myself very well as I believe the chests were at his house with all the resulting implications. I was just musing that Marion may have known or been able to trace the address (even if she didn't know it was his home address) and this was one reason she had to 'disappear'. Mistakes were probably made in regard to Marion that weren't made in the later scams..Marion was never seen again, the others were left overseas. All MOO

I understand, also totally agree. She may have contacted removal company to follow up where's my stuff and they'd be like well, huh, where we put it at X address of course...

And maybe this vile act is what kept him and his "erm... dunno..." vile wife together for this whole time, held together in a demonic double act, each knowing they can incarcerate the other but also only with themself going down too at any given time if they don't keep a grip on things.

They've probably both lied to their kids so much and the kids have seen and heard so much dysfunction that they don't know which way is up and no wonder the son sent a threatening legal letter basically saying 'leave me out of it'.

I think Marian knew too much. Maybe she found out his real address or contact details. She was going to cause too much trouble. She was smart.
THIS ^
Don’t forget Marion left breadcrumbs, especially in her name. I believe RB manipulated her into changing her name and she refused to lose “Marion” entirely so that she could be linked to her new name

She did allude to a relationship in her postcards/phone calls home even if the details were different

She strikes me as a wallflower who watched and absorbed everything. I’m certain the wool wasn’t pulled over her eyes while they were in Europe

Despite everything I can’t believe it was actually Marion at the bank. I think Marion was duped like the other ladies and when she found out, confronted RB who then took mortal action against her because unlike the others, Marion was Australian and could ruin his life in Australia.
the car has some role in this yet to be revealed

JMO MOO
This has always been my thinking too. Covering his tracks in case evidence pops up.

Note when GDD saw AKA later on the street in Brussels she didn't follow him into the chocolate shop make a scene and demand her money & belongings back, perhaps because she was already afraid of him.

Like a rat I think he could turn very nasty indeed when cornered, hence all the malicious lies he tells about his victims. If Marion did indeed draw out all her money to give to him for whatever purpose, then sooner or later she must have caught on to the fact that the stories he told her didn't add up and it was all BS. At that point there could well have been a show-down....

IMO his 'frail/bewildered old man' act belies a very hard, ruthless character who will use any trick in the book to escape the consequences of his actions.

I feel so very sorry for Sally and her family having to deal with this nightmare of a man.

The kids could be torn between believing some of his lies, their own cognitive dissonance, split loyalty, plus some serious fears about what all this means for their own life situations.

I hope they are and I hope they start remembering things and speaking out.

Maybe the Inquiry verdict will sway them. Here's hoping.

As for her, probably a hopeless case, she might even just be the ball-breaker wife who pushed him further into his 'big wins'. She sure sounded like she couldn't care less about anyone or anything at the Inquest.

JMO MOO
I have the same views as Lord Peters theory on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave