GUILTY Australia - Mathew Dunbar, 42, suspicious death, Walcha, NSW, 2 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

40 Years.

‘Widow of Walcha’ cops huge sentence for Mathew Dunbar murder

An emotionally manipulative killer who pressured her boyfriend to change his will so she could inherit a multimillion dollar farm after murdering him and faking his suicide has been handed a 40-year jail sentence.

Natasha Beth Darcy, 46, will likely spend the rest of her life in jail after NSW Supreme Court Justice Julia Longeran imposed a 30-year non parole period for the murder of sheep farmer Mathew Dunbar.

Darcy sat stony-faced and showed no emotion as she learned her fate, appearing in court via videolink from the Dillwynia Correctional Centre in Sydney

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...r/news-story/f44ad7d37e171cf0b8a361b9d5a40f2a

40 Years.

‘Widow of Walcha’ cops huge sentence for Mathew Dunbar murder

An emotionally manipulative killer who pressured her boyfriend to change his will so she could inherit a multimillion dollar farm after murdering him and faking his suicide has been handed a 40-year jail sentence.

Natasha Beth Darcy, 46, will likely spend the rest of her life in jail after NSW Supreme Court Justice Julia Longeran imposed a 30-year non parole period for the murder of sheep farmer Mathew Dunbar.

Darcy sat stony-faced and showed no emotion as she learned her fate, appearing in court via videolink from the Dillwynia Correctional Centre in Sydney

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...r/news-story/f44ad7d37e171cf0b8a361b9d5a40f2a
She also has court on 13th April for 2 counts of attmepting to pervert the course of justice.... for the letters she wrote. She could get up to an extra 28 years. Whatever the sentence, I guess we wait and see if the sentence is served concurrently or not.

Probably means that was her first success after at least one prior attempt.
There was an article by a bloke who believed he was a practise run for Natasha. He saw himself as a mullet, and poor Mathew as a tuna. It was he she took the lambs off to gain entry to Mathew, as a talking point. .

I am sure that once she is safely behind bars, guaranteed, no appeals left, that they ( the ones she tried it on with, and one's who's relatives have had to do some deep thinking about ) will be coming out of the woodwork in busloads. From Mildura to Murwillumbah.

There was an article by a bloke who believed he was a practise run for Natasha. He saw himself as a mullet, and poor Mathew as a tuna. It was he she took the lambs off to gain entry to Mathew, as a talking point. .

I am sure that once she is safely behind bars, guaranteed, no appeals left, that they ( the ones she tried it on with, and one's who's relatives have had to do some deep thinking about ) will be coming out of the woodwork in busloads. From Mildura to Murwillumbah.

I’m just glad Pandora sold and no-one involved with that devil’s spawn has their foot in the door.

Anyone know where the proceeds of that property went and I hope Mathew’s revised will didn’t hold up.

I have just finished reading a new book about this case, "The Widow of Walcha", by Emma Partridge, and I thought it was excellent-both well researched and a good read. There was a lot in the book that I hadn't been aware of before. I'd highly recommend it, well worth a read.

I have just finished reading a new book about this case, "The Widow of Walcha", by Emma Partridge, and I thought it was excellent-both well researched and a good read. There was a lot in the book that I hadn't been aware of before. I'd highly recommend it, well worth a read.
I agree a well written & researched book & quite lengthy too.

A failed attempt to bribe a friend into committing perjury has lengthened the decades-long sentence already to be served by the woman whose misdeeds have seen her nicknamed the “Widow of Walcha”.

Natasha Beth Darcy was sentenced to at least 30 years jail in February after she was found guilty of murdering her sheep grazier partner Mathew Dunbar, despite trying to pass his death off as a suicide in a “clumsy and ugly” bid for his multimillion-dollar estate.
As she awaited sentencing for the murder in September last year, Darcy was further charged with two counts of doing an act with intent to pervert the course of justice, and pleaded guilty.

In Dubbo District Court on Wednesday, Judge Craig Smith said that while the offence “was not overly sophisticated”, it involved planning, was “not at all spontaneous” and was “not a one-off attempt”.

The fact that the attempt was unsuccessful “carries little weight”, he said.

There was no evidence of remorse, and Darcy’s criminal record “disentitles her to leniency”, he said.

He imposed a sentence of three years for the offence, to commence on February 17, 2046, with a non parole period of two years and three months.

The sentence effectively extends Darcy’s current non parole period by six months. She will be eligible for release on May 16, 2048.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back