Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This SMH article contains a 4 minute video of Federal agents searching Caddick's house and also a walk though. It gives some idea of the number of agents involved and the scale of the operation.

The fact that Koletti could have witnessed that and yet say that he didn't believe Caddick was in trouble speaks volumes to me of either his lack of grip on reality or his utter gullibility, or maybe both.

I wonder why police is sure he is harmless.

Kate McClymont showing the Dover Heights house ( it's on tiktok so hope the link works )

She says there's a $4 million mortgage on the house, but it's not clear if that includes additional fees for non-payment since she disappeared and then there's the cost of cleanup/renovations. The liquidator would want to hope it sells for top dollar.

"That's kind of when I gathered that she was missing," said husband Anthony Koletti when he realised his wife Melissa Caddick wasn't at an online Federal court hearing on 13 November 2020, the day after she went missing. #Caddickinquestin

In frustration, Jason Downing SC, counsel assisting
the coroner said, "Mr Koletti, you can read, can’t you?" Melissa Caddick's husband replied, "I am so confused by your questions." #caddickinquest

"Weren’t you trying to justify your long delay in going to the police?" asked Downing about Koletti claiming his wife Melissa Caddick had gone out for a jog when for the last month she had never left the house early in the morning. #caddickinquest

"The way you talk is not the way my mind works...I am struggling," said Anthony Koletti in response to questioning from counsel assisting the inquest into his wife Melissa Caddick's disappearance.
I fear it's going to be a long day.

"I have no idea what you’re saying now, I am so confused," said Koletti as he's been taken through yesterday's evidence about his level of concern for his wife Melissa Caddick during the police raid.
"Try to focus," said the deputy coroner kindly.

"I don't need your evidence about his evidence," said the deputy coroner Elizabeth Ryan to Anthony Koletti's solicitor Judy Swan.
"We'll take a 15-minute break for you to collect your thoughts," the dep coroner said to Koletti #Caddickinquest

There's been a delay in the resumption of proceedings in the Melissa Caddick inquest. Her husband Anthony Koletti has been struggling. Before the break, he said: "I’ve been through a lot, in case you haven’t noticed. Not many people have been through what I have been through."

We're back after an extended morning tea break...Anthony Koletti looks terrible and counsel assisting has just said to him that if he needs a break, just let the coroner know. #Caddickinquest

There is another break as Anthony Koletti, who appears to have been crying, is finding it difficult to follow proceedings. The coroner said the questions were legitimate but it had to be determined if he's mentally unable to continue because of distress. #Caddickinquest.

Hey Guys and Girls
very interesting information is being released today. seems some of what we thought we knew was basically a lie

i think what is more shocking is AK's spelling.. when they asked if he could read i wasn't sure he was going to say yes. I'm not being mean just was actually thinking that

Last edited:
Hopefully he cracks and tells them EVERYTHING!

I simply cannot believe that he and Melissa did not discuss the ASIC raid on the night before she went missing.

the more and more we find out about the events of that day and the following morning, the less a lot of this makes sense

Kate McClymont

Anthony Koletti is back in the witness box. The coroner said to him that the counsel assisting was "asking questions to assit me" and that while she understands it is distressing, to try to remain clear-headed, listen to the questions and be truthful. #Caddickinquest.

That was short and sweet. Anthonty Koletti has been stood down from giving evidence for the day. "If you are unable to focus on the questions & give truthful answers that is not going to assist me," said the coroner. Resuming at 2.30 possibly with scientific evidence.

"If we have no point of entry into the water, I can’t tell you what happened," said CSIRO oceanographer Dr David Griffin giving evidence into the presumed death of fraudster Melissa Caddick, whose foot and shoe were found on a remote beach in Feb 2021

Regardless of the depth, in the 93 days since Melissa Caddick's disappearance, it was possible for her body to travel as far as Bournda Beach, where her foot was found, said oceanographer Dr David Griffin. Barnacles showed her shoe was on the ocean surface for between 3-7 days.

The East Australian Current (as made famous by the movie Finding Nemo) off the NSW coast is the strongest current in Australia. There a vast eddies which make it unusual for objects to float in a straight line, Dr Griffin told the inquest into Melissa Caddick's presumed death.

Oceanographer Dr David Griffin said it was not in his field of expertise to determine if the foot had been severed by being stuck in a crevice.

Just after 1 pm, the coroner announced Mr Koletti would be dismissed from giving evidence, telling him: 'If you are unable to focus on the questions and give truthful answers, that is not going to assist me'.

He had previously told Mr Downing on the morning of her disappearance on November 12, 2020, he assumed Ms Caddick had gone out to do some exercise.

'I didn't think anything of it ... she's just gone for a walk which she does every day not a problem,' he told police in an interview.

In evidence, Mr Koletti agreed that his wife had no habits, her exercise regime was irregular and she mostly jogged on the treadmill by that stage.

Mr Downing continued questioning Mr Koletti on Wednesday about this inconsistency, asking if he was now trying to justify his answers.

'One of the accounts must not be true,' Mr Downing said.

'I'm guessing so, yes,' Mr Koletti said.

'Why are you guessing?' Mr Downing said.

'Because your questions are confusing, the way you talk is not the way my mind works,' Mr Koletti said.

'Everyone has got a different mind. You've got to understand that. I don't think you do. I've been through a lot, in case you haven't noticed.'

Mr Koletti was taken to his statement, but the confusion continued.

'You can read, can't you?' Mr Downing said.

'I am so confused by your questions,' Mr Koletti responded.

Questions then turned to where her phone was found, by whom, and when. Mr Koletti had told police a different version to his evidence in court.

'You're just going around in circles like you were before,' Mr Koletti said.

'I can't answer these questions over and over again.'

1664350676031.png

1664350713395.png1664350738725.png

'Because your questions are confusing, the way you talk is not the way my mind works,' Mr Koletti said.

'Everyone has got a different mind. You've got to understand that.

My response to that is: basically there are truthful minds and untruthful minds. The latter is much harder to manage, especially when being questioned by a barrister.

My response to that is: basically there are truthful minds and untruthful minds. The latter is much harder to manage, especially when being questioned by a barrister.

Yep & I've seen Mr Downing in action ( he was part of council assisting at the Lindt inquest ) , he's very patient from what I remember , AK must be really pushing his buttons IMO

Last edited:
If AK has cognitive issues I certainly feel for him going through all of this. From the interviews we have seen, he just muddies the water with his stories so much, either purposely or not. He doesn’t seem to have a sense of reality, and just kind of grabs any answer he can think of to questions. I personally don’t get the sense that he is purposely lying…He could also be a criminal genius and has committed a crime but will walk away free because everyone threw their hands in the air in defeat.

He could also be a criminal genius and has committed a crime but will walk away free because everyone threw their hands in the air in defeat.

It's been proposed here before that AK is possibly smarter than he appears and prefers to play dumb when it suits him.

I don't subscribe to that. His father, who has known him all of his life, called him stupid. I'm inclined to believe that assessment.

Perhaps they could take him on a walkthrough of the house so he has to describe and account for every hour after ASIC left.

I still think he has been playing the "stupid" role since he was a child to get away with things. It would be good if they have his mental health assessed. What is his IQ? He seemed to use words on an earlier day that are not consistent with a low IQ. They also need to get other people's opinions of him and his behaviour in the past. I wonder what Melissa's parents and brother really think of him. How on earth did he get a job and keep it at that prestigious hairdressing salon at Bondi? Have they interviewed his previous employers and doctors?

IMO there is more to AK than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member