GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police hope shop CCTV will identify the killer of Morgan Huxley

DETECTIVES hunting for the killer of Neutral Bay ladies man Morgan Huxley are focusing on footage captured outside a newsagent, hoping it might reveal the movements of the murder suspect.

Homicide detectives returned yesterday to a set of shops in Neutral Bay, only a few blocks down the hill from the unit where Mr Huxley, 31, was stabbed to death more than two weeks ago.

Police still have not made any public appeals for information about the murder, indicating they already have a suspect and don’t need help in identifying the killer.

It is understood police have information that the killer fled towards the Clark Rd shops and a local park after leaving Mr Huxley bleeding to death on his bedroom floor.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...of-morgan-huxley/story-fni0cx12-1226727243494

The way the papers are being written reminds me a lot of the way it went down in the Jason Downie case, it all had a very controlled feel about it, and when reading back after the arrest you could see they dropped little comments in there just for him. Oh another thing they did, his photo popped up a few times in media before arrest, including one of him placing a card at the memorial site, a card which police took away and used as one of the matches for his DNA. I think LE drop 'we're onto you' clues in media, or the opposite, depending on the person they're dealing with.

Good point by the way!! I bet you're right that Morgan ;) could have confided in someone about the women he was seeing, like maybe the flatmate too who would have been aware of the comings and goings around the house.

Fast forward to an arrest please!!

You gotta love SAPOL.

One of the most poorly performing and under-funded police forces around, with a well earned reputation of general everyday inefficiency and unprofessionalism, they still manage to get the bad guys - and quickly.

I'm not quite sure how, except to say that criminals generally aren't very bright.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like they know exactly who killed Morgan, doesn’t it? They even know which way the killer fled (witness sighting? cast off blood? bloody footprints?).

Strange how they have been going heavy on the photos of JH in the last few articles. Primary suspect, or baiting a different suspect perhaps.

Tick tock tick tock … won’t be long now surely.

Sounds like they know exactly who killed Morgan, doesn’t it? They even know which way the killer fled (witness sighting? cast off blood? bloody footprints?).

Strange how they have been going heavy on the photos of JH in the last few articles. Primary suspect, or baiting a different suspect perhaps.

Tick tock tick tock … won’t be long now surely.

Good eye regarding heavy use of JH in media...

Hmmmm.....

Hi Guys, been lurking a bit on this thread... Has anyone else noticed that all the ex gfs get mentioned in the media but don't hear much about RP? Also when media have referred to her they put 'claims to be current girlfriend'. I think this is odd as if it was his current girlfriend wouldn't he have some mates or family that could clarify if it is his girlfriend? Maybe she was a booty call to him but she imagined there was something more there which could be a sign of personality disorder.

Hi Guys, been lurking a bit on this thread... Has anyone else noticed that all the ex gfs get mentioned in the media but don't hear much about RP? Also when media have referred to her they put 'claims to be current girlfriend'. I think this is odd as if it was his current girlfriend wouldn't he have some mates or family that could clarify if it is his girlfriend? Maybe she was a booty call to him but she imagined there was something more there which could be a sign of personality disorder.

:wagon: Katieb! :welcome:

Interesting thoughts...

:seeya:

Hi, another newcomer, fascinated with this case (it's got all the stuff of the classic whodunnit!).
So, just a thought... might be nothing, might be something.

In the latest news release, about the CCTV footage from the Clark Rd shops, the following is quoted:

<<A staff member at the Clark Rd newsagent said detectives were interested in all the vision from the night Mr Huxley was brutally murdered <snip>
&#8220;They wanted the footage from the whole night &#8230; <snip> they took it away,&#8221; he said.
>>

Purely a thought... there is a bus stop directly in front of Clark Rd newsagent. The only bus route that runs there is route 263. The other end of that bus route terminates about 500 metres from JO's dance studio in St Leonards.

Maybe just coincidence. Maybe watching to see who got off the bus earlier in the night...?

Oooh .. interesting! You're right, a classic whodunnit!

Respectfully snipped...
In the latest news release, about the CCTV footage from the Clark Rd shops, the following is quoted:
A staff member at the Clark Rd newsagent said detectives were interested in all the vision from the night Mr Huxley was brutally murdered <snip>
&#8220;They wanted the footage from the whole night &#8230; <snip> they took it away,&#8221; he said.

The shops at that corner are a prime CCTV footage spot - the Newsagency sits at a four-way + intersection with a one way road leading down from Neutral Bay, with another road down from NB/Cremorne - this either takes you onto the Harbour Bridge, North Sydney, or back to Neutral Bay. All these areas are camera heavy - by foot or car, and speed camera heavy as well.
I wonder if they Police are thinking that was the get away route - or was it where the weapon was placed - or both?

Google Map Link

And the media are going all out (as you guys pointed out) on the 'girlfriend' pictures...

Do not sleuth friends of the victim that have not been charged or named as a suspect. It is against TOS.

"The officers swept a public car park near May Gibbs Place off Military Rd this morning."

"A witness saw four officers searching the garden growing alongside the Barry St carpark at 10.30am."

So, looking at Google maps (if I have the known points of interest correct) it looks as though police suspect that Morgan&#8217;s killer parked a few streets away from Morgan&#8217;s flat, then drove down toward Clark Road and off to wherever later.

http://goo.gl/maps/oUfCg

I would think that they would know by now all the vehicles that the suspect(s) have access to, and are combing CCTV recordings looking for a known vehicle leaving the area within the right time frame, and entering the area earlier. Suspect may have been trying to dodge all those cameras on Military Road - or maybe they just live in the Clark Rd direction.

(Note: couldn&#8217;t find May Gibbs Place on map, so used May Lane as a reference as they are both off Military Rd, and similar street names are often close together ... so that could be very wrong :waitasec: )

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...dered-by-a-woman/story-fni0cx12-1226722383513

ETA: Looks like you are thinking in a similar way to me, FigTree

So, looking at Google maps (if I have the known points of interest correct) it looks as though police suspect that Morgan’s killer parked a few streets away from Morgan’s flat, then drove down toward Clark Road and off to wherever later.

I went back through the news articles and plotted each street/location they reported the police searching. Of course they might be different leads they were following up, but if we're to assume they have phone tower records, or eye-witnesses or something, and that it's all the same route followed by someone, it can very easily and distinctly be connected up to make an interesting round trip, and excludes much of the area in the middle. Perhaps a getaway route by someone trying to avoid CCTV. Or perhaps verifying a suspects movements or alibi? Or perhaps someone who lives close to the harbour took one route to the crime scene and an alternate route from.
According to google, the entire route can be walked in just under 1 hour.

(Note: couldn’t find May Gibbs Place on map, so used May Lane as a reference as they are both off Military Rd, and similar street names are often close together ... so that could be very wrong :waitasec: )

I also marked May Gibbs house which is very close to the areas they were searching too.

Attachments

• Gmaps_neutral_bay_route.jpg
    Gmaps_neutral_bay_route.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 33
Hi, another newcomer, fascinated with this case (it's got all the stuff of the classic whodunnit!).
So, just a thought... might be nothing, might be something.

<<A staff member at the Clark Rd newsagent said detectives were interested in all the vision from the night Mr Huxley was brutally murdered <snip>
“They wanted the footage from the whole night … <snip> they took it away,” he said.
>>

Purely a thought... there is a bus stop directly in front of Clark Rd newsagent. The only bus route that runs there is route 263. The other end of that bus route terminates about 500 metres from JO's dance studio in St Leonards.

Maybe just coincidence. Maybe watching to see who got off the bus earlier in the night...?
:wagon: Michael! :welcome:

Good catch regarding bus stop and bus route destination!

:seeya:

A local with more familiarity may be able to read the schedules much better, but I tried looking up the weekend bus schedule last night to see if the killer could be tracked in and out of the area that way.

From what I can tell, while they could have taken a bus into the area and arrived around midnight-ish (from memory) or earlier - after that, there seemed to be a big lull in bus service until daybreak. Also wondering, do local buses have CCTV?

It may be significant that the police were searching nearby car parks off Military Road.

I wonder if parking around Morgan's flat was difficult, and if this was a 'regular' booty-caller (or is that call-ee?), perhaps they typically parked in a nearby car park? Perhaps info that was given to them by a witness, or Morgan's flatmate?

OK .. so if you go to someone's house for a booty call wouldn't you take a cab? I lived in Sydney's inner city for years .. and if I was going somewhere near the city I always took a cab and never used my car because parking and getting a park back home was just all too hard. It is possible she took a bus then walked a few streets back before jumping in a cab. Mind you if she was from further away than the city than Morgan a car might have been less of an issue.

Yes, and buses do have CCTV.

A local with more familiarity may be able to read the schedules much better, but I tried looking up the weekend bus schedule last night to see if the killer could be tracked in and out of the area that way.

From what I can tell, while they could have taken a bus into the area and arrived around midnight-ish (from memory) or earlier - after that, there seemed to be a big lull in bus service until daybreak. Also wondering, do local buses have CCTV?

Yes, the buses have CCTV... I think 2 - one from the front looking towards the back, and one from half way, looking back toward the front. Not sure if there's any easy way to board a bus and avoid being easily captured by the CCTV.

Yes, there is a big lull in almost all transport services till Sunday morning; those very first services on Sunday morning close to any nocturnally active areas in Sydney can be quite fun and eye opening to see... people staggering, blinking at the light, clothes torn or missing, "coming down" etc etc. A lonesome girl at that time looking dishevelled and/or distressed is not necessarily going to turn too many heads at first glance. (of course if she were covered in blood it might be a different story).

There is a "Night Ride" bus service that replaces trains between midnight and 8am. And while there are no trains lines in Mosman area, the service does run the North Shore route between the City and Hornsby - via North Sydney. Perhaps the easiest way to get to that bus from Neutral Bay would be to walk to North Sydney. The Clark Rd shops are very strategically located to be on almost any walking route one would have to take.

It is possible she took a bus then walked a few streets back before jumping in a cab. Mind you if she was from further away than the city than Morgan a car might have been less of an issue.

The expense may have been a concern. Or if there was a shortage of cabs in the area, or the killer wanted to be able to hail a cab away from where the police would be very shortly arriving, hail a cab without standing out too much, I'd say North Sydney would be the best choice in any of those scenarios too.

I think that's why its possible she walked a few streets away .. and expense may not be an issue .. hey it's a middle class area. If she used a car there'll be toll records from around there IMO. Oh and cabs at that time of night are easy, but maybe not if you're covered in blood. Perhaps she walked?

Hang on let me look at a map .. isn't there a back way to cut through to North Sydney? ETA yes, but it's a fair walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase