GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll be shocked if he did it for a girl, I think he did it for himself, but hey I thought the killer was female and this case is nuts so I'm going to leave my options open :)

Thanks for doing that Makara. I still can't see any details but I really appreciate you trying.

I bet the papers will have details tomorrow morning. The journalists would have been able to see it clearly. They'll be reading and finding everything online and once it hits MSM we'll be able to talk about it. Having said that, I still can't forget those two poor falsely accused men on the front page during the Boston bombings.

Sorry I couldn't get clearer screencaps fruity. I did sharpen the images in Photoshop, but taking screencaps from a video very rarely provides clear results. They invariably turn out to be rather blurry and pixelated.

Is it odd that the police let him take a book with him? Seems unusual.

Sorry I couldn't get clearer screencaps fruity. I did sharpen the images in Photoshop, but taking screencaps from a video very rarely provides clear results. They invariably turn out to be rather blurry and pixelated.

No worries at all! I knew it was a long shot - if it wasn't clear in the video it was unlikely to be any clearer in a screen cap.

I'm just being impatient. I want to know NOW, not tomorrow ;)

Is it odd that the police let him take a book with him? Seems unusual.

What's the bet it's a sci-fi novel? I noticed he was a fan on his FB. Also they said he has been keen to cooperate so maybe the police are sort of babying him to soften him up to spill all the beans.

I just had a terrible thought. What if this was a deranged homophobic crime? What if he did it in the name of religion? I'm not saying for a moment that any religion preaches killing gay guys, but what if this is a sign that he's insane?

Hit up a random guy and if he responds kill him.

Edited to say that I know it's a huge stretch. But the past 12 hours has been FULL of surprises.

I just had a terrible thought. What if this was a deranged homophobic crime? What if he did it in the name of religion? I'm not saying for a moment that any religion preaches killing gay guys, but what if this is a sign that he's insane?

Hit up a random guy and if he responds kill him.

Edited to say that I know it's a huge stretch. But the past 12 hours has been FULL of surprises.

Fruity, I tend to agree with this. Or perhaps JK was horrified at the realisation of what was actually taking place sexually. I do believe that he had his chef's knives with him and one of them was the murder weapon.

Well, well, well!!
A bloke!
Its taken me hours to read all the posts before I could get here :)

Still sounds like there's more news to come in the pipeline.

It is believed Mr Huxley allowed the man, who he had never met, to come into his unit and there were no signs of forced entry.

What would have got this guy into MH flat?
Maybe something as simple as 'Can I use your bathroom?'...
Might explain the hotels FB page post.

I’ve been googling science fiction fantasy books to see if any had a connection with a ‘morgan’ and knives and gay people. Just thinking that DJK may have been acting out a book – the book in his hands – a book which may be his ‘bible’ - which may also have evidentiary value to the police, so they let him bring it with him.

Bit of an abstract thought, but laterally is my way of thinking. And a bit out there .. but this kid (DJK) may be a bit out there.

There is a book by the ‘master of fantasy’ Richard Morgan called The Steel Remains that fits the bill. Not saying it is that book necessarily, but maybe a book like that.

“The Steel Remains’s main protagonist, Ringil Eskiath, is gay, in a world that isn’t accepting of his sexuality, a world that goes to harsh measures to discourage it. How far can he push the boundaries, and how far can he go in this world?

As far as the steel on his back will carry him, and that’s really a central point of the narrative. I remember seeing a demonstration of katana strokes a couple of years ago in Australia, and being very struck by the way the demonstrating student stated the philosophy of the blade. He said—I’m paraphrasing somewhat here—that the katana represented (among other things) freedom, because if you were prepared to both kill and die with the blade, then no man could ever make you a slave.”

http://www.fantasy-magazine.com/new/new-nonfiction/feature-interview-richard-k-morgan/

I know .. probably too out there .. but you never know!

DrWatson - Post 751
What happened to those stab wounds on his back - was that a media mistake earlier, or is this a media mistake now?

AusGirl: Post 773
I have to wonder if the cops skewed the media toward a female perp on purpose, to keep him from running before they had enough for an arrest...

Strangeworld - Post 781
I think we've been played by the MSM, but I'm all for that if it means the police catch their guy.

AusGirl - th#2 - Post 2
I think it's pretty obvious that police were manipulating msm from the get-go. Amirite?

Played like a fiddle ...
(JMHO)

If this guy is a psycho (beyond, I mean, the average killer who'd stab anyone 30-odd times...) it could be the book is his 'bible' in the sense of something that empowers and inspires him. I've known manic people who've doted on a text that way while on upswing.

Maybe letting him keep it was a way to make him come along calmly.

Maybe the book and his relationship with it is of interest to the police..

In any case, it's pretty hefty. Few novels are that thick anymore - fantasy and -maybe- sci-fi tend to be bricks like that. Maybe a classic literary or philosophical text.

I'm still having trouble seeing Mr. I-Date-Models being turned on by Curly the Ginger Bookworm there.

Stranger things have happened at sea. But I bet they also happen in DJK's head, too.

Long time lurker here, hi all :)

Is it possible that DJK is carrying the book to hide an injury to his hand?

Couple of newly confirmed facts from the article linked above:

- DJK stole money from Morgan
- Police found blood on a pair of prescription glass owned by DJK
- He didn't get the knife from the Cooking School

Maybe this will clear up the work issue:

"But Mr Huxley was a regular customer at The Chef and Barista, which shares premises with the Sydney Cooking School, where Mr Kelsall worked.

Mr Kelsall's Facebook page states he works at Sydney Cooking School on Military Road, less than 20 metres from where Mr Huxley was stabbed to death.

Sydney Cooking School owner Brett Deverall said.... it was possible Mr Kelsall had done an adult beginner's cooking course but denied he ever worked there.

He said he had seen footage of the 20-year-old walking across Military Road with Mr Huxley in the direction of Watson Street on the night Mr Huxley was found dead.

''They walked across the road together,'' Mr Deverall said."

-- which is interesting, that they -were- seen walking together. Also:

A Military Road business owner said Mr Kelsall picked up take-away from his restaurant on Saturday night. He said he spoke about how he had been to an EB Games Expo at Sydney Olympic Park that weekend.

''He's a nice guy, you wouldn't think he could hurt a fly,'' he said.

''Been working as a kitchen hand, doing the dishes for a while [at the cooking school].''

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/huxleys-a...-police-say-20131008-2v6e5.html#ixzz2h8q7FwFE

Seems to me like the owner of the School is distancing himself.

eta: Hiya doozy, and welcome! :seeya:

Edit: Removed post, no longer needed.

Thanks ausgirl :)

Is it just this arrested young man's word that he went to MH's apartment for sex?

I have a lot of gay friends, male and female. I found that quite a few, especially in their younger years, thought every straight person really wanted to be gay, or at least try it. (Same goes for straight folks thinking gay folks really just "need" a good straight lover to make them go straight.) That is not always the case, as most found out after many failed attempts.

Maybe this young man just thought MH was interested in sex or thought MH knew some secret code body language or word language and agreed to sex. When they got to MH's place he found that MH wasn't interested and this sent him into a rage?

Then again, maybe it is just his cover story for the robbery and murder.

We can't really know now that MH is gone, but I do look forward to whatever LE releases to the public to explain exactly what the motive was.

To me, it appears to be simple robbery turned murder. JMO.

Sad, sad, sad, no matter the motive.

He said he had seen footage of the 20-year-old walking across Military Road with Mr Huxley in the direction of Watson Street on the night Mr Huxley was found dead.
''They walked across the road together,'' Mr Deverall said.

SMH 09 10 13

So there was footage of the accused with MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993