GUILTY Australia - Morgan Huxley, 31, stabbed to death, Neutral Bay, NSW, 8 Sept 2013 #3

Morgan Huxley murder: Accused Jack Kelsall to plead not guilty
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...-not-guilty-20140612-zs56w.html#ixzz34O96rLEz
He will also plead not guilty to stealing a few coins and a mobile phone on the night of the murder.
The kitchen hand will have his matter mentioned before the Supreme Court in August where it is expected a date for his trial will be set.

Two members of Morgan Huxley's family watched as the accused killer appeared on the court's video link screen, dressed in prison greens.

Mr Kelsall, who wore silver glasses, stared straight ahead and only spoke when Magistrate Les Mabbott asked him if he could hear properly.

x3buap.jpg
Image: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...lsall-to-plead-not-guilty-20140612-zs56w.html

Good to have a few more details. A few coins and the mobile....so the coins were the stolen money that was reported in the beginning?! Not that this case was ever about theft :facepalm:

I actually wonder whether the coins in question had blood on them?

Because how on earth could anyone tell (let alone prove) where loose change had come from, otherwise?

I actually wonder whether the coins in question had blood on them?

Because how on earth could anyone tell (let alone prove) where loose change had come from, otherwise?

Very good point!!:yes:

I'm trying to understand why he took the coins??!!

As a memento?? (a bit too non-personal for that though...)

Because he felt he was 'worth' something?

Or because there was his blood mixed in with the coins too and he was removing evidence that he'd been there??

I wonder if he got cut in the scuffle and some of the DNA is his blood??

Unless he took Morgan's pants (with mobile and coins in them). But LE have never said that.

Trying to understand the mind of DJK - which may well be an impossible task, judging by his online musings......:facepalm:

I wonder if JK is being charged with the theft of the phone because they found MH's phone in JK's possession - or that the phone has gone missing and they assume he took it.

Don't remember the phone and coins being mentioned in the initial investigation.
Though I remember the child *advertiser censored* accusations.

I also wonder if these charges (theft of the coins and phone) are separate because the offense happened at a different time - or at a time not associated with the murder (by legal standards).

or is it tactical maneuver to remove these two offenses from the bigger trial because they may impact the evidence of the murder trial?

I think they are keeping the coins/phone separate from the murder trial because their theft happened after the murder but were not the cause of the murder. The reason for the murder did not include the money, and phone. They were an afterthought .. an opportunistic separate crime.

October 9, 2013 - He was also charged with one count of larceny after he allegedly stole money from Mr Huxley before fleeing his Watson Street unit.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/huxleys-a...-police-say-20131008-2v6e5.html#ixzz34ci23IKm

June 12, 2014 - His lawyer George Breton said Kelsall would later plead not guilty to breaking into Mr Huxley's unit, indecently assaulting him and later killing him.

He will also plead not guilty to stealing a few coins and a mobile phone on the night of the murder.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/morgan-hu...-not-guilty-20140612-zs56w.html#ixzz34ci999M8

Is there a chance the JK took the mobile phone to cover any connection they may have had .. to avoid being clearly linked to the crime or did he just take it because it was a valuable? I wonder if he took the coins because that's all Morgan had left on him after a night of drinking, if there had been more money he would have taken that too. Basically he just cleaned him out of all his valuable possessions because he could?

Is there a chance the JK took the mobile phone to cover any connection they may have had .. to avoid being clearly linked to the crime or did he just take it because it was a valuable? I wonder if he took the coins because that's all Morgan had left on him after a night of drinking, if there had been more money he would have taken that too. Basically he just cleaned him out of all his valuable possessions because he could?

I think the theft was one of these things:

1. He took the mobile to hide any connection between them from LE - and the money was a side benefit.

2. The whole thing was just opportunistic thieving, to get whatever extras he could from the scene.

3. Or maybe for him the coins and mobile were more than just opportunistic - maybe it was a way to keep part of Morgan with him, like the 'trophies' that serial killers keep from their victims. Although it seems kind of unlikely as they weren't the most personal items you could take..........

But as I've said before, who knows how DJK's brain works?

PS. I still wonder if he just took Morgan's pants with mobile and coins inside. Because, as we said before, how on earth could they link the coins to Morgan??

And just a reminder that this case goes back to court for the arraignment on August 8........let's see what is said. Plea, anyone??!!

I'm thinking he's going to plea .. maybe they're 'fighting charges' in the hope of giving themselves some bargaining power, but I can't see this one having a full jury trial somehow.

Maybe the coins were some old, foreign or collectable coins. Maybe the killer took the phone so that a dying man could not call for help and for it's value. Or maybe all were just souvenirs ....

And just a reminder that this case goes back to court for the arraignment on August 8........let's see what is said. Plea, anyone??!!

thanks for the reminder, Isis! :tyou:

I just double checked my "WS Calendar"... And sure enough... I have August 8th as arraignment day for DJK!

:jail: :crossfingers:

Isn't DJK supposed to appear in court on July 28th for the Child *advertiser censored* Charges....?

or... Has that been changed? :waitasec:

TIA....:seeya:

Am I the only one who thinks Jean Redmond (the roommate) and her boyfriend may have something to do with it?

Hi CPenJ :seeya:

For me, after we sleuthed DJK behind the scenes on the internet, it seemed plausible that he would kill somebody as he seemed to be pretty psychologically disturbed.

But are you speculating that DJK did leave the flat when Morgan was alive and well and the woman he saw enter as he left was the flatmate?

I don't know though - what about Morgan's blood in his satchel and on his glasses? And the mobile and money in his possession?

I personally think it was DJK due to the forensic evidence. And the internet evidence of his sexual fantasies and mental health issues.

Am I the only one who thinks Jean Redmond (the roommate) and her boyfriend may have something to do with it?

Hi CPenJ and welcome to Websleuths.....there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to indicate that.

One of our rules on WS is that we don't allude to or accuse someone unless they've been named by police as being a suspect or person of interest.

Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=8364858#post8364858

I looked at the court lists to see what is happening. It says that DJK will be fronting up for arraignment on 8th August (Friday), presumably for Morgan's murder.

He'll also be attending court for a mention on 18th August - could be the result of his July appearance in the child *advertiser censored* charges. Haven't seen a separate case number for the larceny charges yet.

08 Aug 10:00 Arraignment Criminal Supreme Justice P Johnson Law Courts Building Court 13A Queens Square Sydney R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201300302108
18 Aug 09:30 Mention (Police) Criminal Local Unassigned Central Unassigned R v DANIEL JACK KELSALL 201400070850

http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search

DJK will be going in front of Justice Peter Johnson for the murder case. Justice Johnson is currently presiding over Robert Xie's trial (who murdered 5 family members http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-04/robert-xie-murder-trial-to-hear-sexual-abuse-claims/5646420 ).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama
Back