Found Deceased Australia - Nischal Ghimire, 22, Glenelg Beach, Adelaide, SA, 27 Dec 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Man missing from beach while caring for young disabled boy in Australia

A search is continuing along Adelaide's coastline for a 22-year-old man who went missing while caring for a young disabled boy.

Nischal Ghimire was last seen about 4pm yesterday (6pm Thursdsay NZT) after collecting the 10-year-old from his home and taking him to the beach.

The pair were reported missing early this morning with the boy found soon after, wandering unhurt along the Glenelg Beach Esplanade.

From the child's appearance, police believe the pair had been swimming but Inspector Sandy Morey said because of the boy's disability officers had been unable to speak with him.

The man's car was found parked at the beach, but so far an extensive search by foot, air and on the sea has failed to find him.

Insp Morey said despite the man's disappearance there was no evidence of foul play.

upload_2018-12-28_2-13-19.jpegupload_2018-12-28_2-15-13.jpegupload_2018-12-28_2-13-54.jpegupload_2018-12-28_2-13-36.jpeg

SA Police search for man missing from Glenelg beach - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Category: | Herald Sun

Man vanishes at Glenelg, leaving disabled child alone

Video at link.

Desperate search for Nischal Ghimire who vanished from Adelaide's Glenelg beach | Daily Mail Online

A desperate search is underway for a man who vanished from a packed beach.

Nischal Ghimire has been missing for almost 24 hours after he took a child he cares for to Glenelg beach in Adelaide.

The 22-year-old man had gone to a home in Edwardstown to collect the boy about 4pm on Thursday, before heading to the beach.

[...]

upload_2018-12-28_6-9-54.jpegupload_2018-12-28_6-10-7.jpeg

Officers investigating Mr Ghimire's disappearance are calling for the public's help and they are also keen to talk to driver seen after the child was found.

'Police would also like to speak to the male driver of a red/maroon Honda sedan that was seen soon after the child was located, as they may have information that can assist police,' South Australia police said in a statement.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the police assistance line on 131 444.
7887292-6534551-A_desperate_search_is_underway_for_Nischal_Ghimire_pictured_who_-a-55_1545972144996.jpg

I have been to Glenelg, it's generally quite busy.

There have been a lot of drowning deaths here in Australia recently, especially among foreign nationals.

Seems like the obvious outcome, sadly

I wonder if they have ascertained if he could swim and how proficient he was.
I got taken away by a rip once, when dragging ten year out it. I pushed her out of it, but was swept onto rocks at the end of the beach. A bit lucky for me.
Is Glenelg beach know for rips?

I wonder if they have ascertained if he could swim and how proficient he was.
I got taken away by a rip once, when dragging ten year out it. I pushed her out of it, but was swept onto rocks at the end of the beach. A bit lucky for me.
Is Glenelg beach know for rips?
I was watching ABC News and a reporter said Nischal couldn’t swim.

SA has been having a heatwave and I imagine Glenelg was extremely busy,I just can’t see him having drowned without nobody noticing,and where was the boy he was caring for while he drowned?On the shore?In the ocean too?

O/T Glenelg has gorgeous homes on the seafront...I’d love to own one if I won the lottery!

SA has been having a heatwave and I imagine Glenelg was extremely busy,I just can’t see him having drowned without nobody noticing,and where was the boy he was caring for while he drowned?On the shore?In the ocean too?

O/T Glenelg has gorgeous homes on the seafront...I’d love to own one if I won the lottery!
My sister and I pulled a toddler out of the water when he was just paddling and a small wave from the wake of a passing boat knocked him over. The beach was crowded and we just happened to be where he was because out kids were paddling too.

Glenelg is generally a pretty calm beach and it’s quite flat in terms of waves. It’s not a surf beach but more like a bay. Having grown up around water I can’t see how people could drown there but a number of foreign nationals have drowned there over the last few years so it does happen.
Like Sprocket mentioned I imagine the beach would have been pretty busy even if it was later in the day so I don’t know how no one saw anything.
Last year a young Indian girl died when she was swept off the rocks down there near the break wall, maybe some similar happened and that’s why the young boy was still safe. I can’t see any other way that Nischal would have gone into the water and not been with the young boy he was caring for.
Edited to add.. Even though I struggle to see how it happened sadly I think they will find him in the water.

Last edited:
The body of a 22-year-old man has been found off Adelaide's coast after he went on a trip to the beach with a young disabled boy he cared for.

Relatives and friends of Mr Ghimire gathered at Glenelg from early on Friday, saying that while he loved the beach, he was not a swimmer.

Body of missing carer found off Adelaide's coast

:( RIP Nischal

Vale Nischal. Prayers of strength and comfort for his loved ones in their time of grief x

The original alert said it appeared that the boy had been swimming...maybe he had gone in the water suddenly and Nischal went in after him. I know he couldn’t swim, but I don’t know that he would not go after the boy he was caring for anyway.

Very sad. I live close by. There have been a few deaths around the breakwater near the Holdfast Marina. It looks like a good spot away from the crowds where you can jump off the rocks, which would be enticing to foreigners who don't know the dangers of rips there. Apparently there has been an uproar because the council have still not put any signs there to warn people it's not a safe swimming spot, even though there have been multiple deaths there. His death may very well have been preventable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back