Australia Australia - Novy Chardon, 34, Upper Coomera, Qld, 6 Feb 2013 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the article which mentions people acting suspicious
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...om-business-trip/story-e6freoof-1226576570724

"Meanwhile, witness Karl Kristiansen said he saw a group of people acting suspiciously and clothes strewn around Mrs Chardon's late model Volvo wagon, which was found abandoned in Bowden Court, near Nerang railway station.

"It was about 10am on Sunday morning - there was a bit of activity going on," Mr Kristiansen said. "A balding, stocky bloke and a young woman were trying to jump-start a little white Corolla with a Falcon. They were looking across the road (at Mrs Chardon's car) and there was another older lady standing there, looking anxious.

"It looked suspicious, especially with all the clothes around the car. I just kept my eye on them."

Mr Kristiansen said police had knocked on his door on Sunday night and took his statement."
The above article was from 13 feb.

So according to this video http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...057da-4348-45b5-8496-fc67446739ad%7c%7c%7c%7c
the car was found around 2am on 7feb.
So Novy was last seen on Wed night 6 Feb by her friend (at 9pm)then lastly by her husband . And within a few hours her car was located. So someone has seen the car being dropped off or something has captured the car being dropped off. Along with a vehicle doing a u turn and moped driving passed. From my understanding with such a firm time, there is more evidence we might not be privy too. If it was captured on cctv or witnessed surely there would be info on whether Novy emerged from the car or person/persons .

She may be a Director but I would think it unlikely she is a shareholder. Most family members are listed as Directors in most Private Companies that are family owned. Most wouldn't even have Directors meetings, paperwork is completed as if this happens, but it generally doesn't. I doubt this would be a way for her to make any significant cash, although if she is a shareholder (and I would only imagine a minor shareholder) this could be a problem for Mr C in any divorce settlement in a Private Company.

So according to this video http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video...057da-4348-45b5-8496-fc67446739ad%7c%7c%7c%7c
the car was found around 2am on 7feb.
So Novy was last seen on Wed night 6 Feb by her friend (at 9pm)then lastly by her husband . And within a few hours her car was located. So someone has seen the car being dropped off or something has captured the car being dropped off. Along with a vehicle doing a u turn and moped driving passed. From my understanding with such a firm time, there is more evidence we might not be privy too. If it was captured on cctv or witnessed surely there would be info on whether Novy emerged from the car or person/persons .

So in reference to the above and also the following article, that would suggest that Novy's car would have been at Kopps Road somewhere between 11pm and about 1.45am and then dropped off at Bowden Court for 2am?

"SES officers and police are now scouring Kopps Road, Oxenford, and are appealing for anyone who saw Ms Chardon’s dark coloured Volvo XC90 4WD wagon with Queensland registration 860LTZ - or anyone associated with the vehicle - on Kopps Road between 11pm Wednesday February 6 and 6pm Monday February 11 to come forward."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ssing-woman-20130222-2evs6.html#ixzz2M50vJVD4

Thanks for the link KG....interesting...

Seven News understands John’s daughter, Angela Chardon, has now left the country too.

thanks for link.
So a person of interest is able to leave the country. Really? Wonder if it was a planned trip mmmmmm. Where has she fled/travelled too. I noticed she only just got married last year too.
Mr J's business trip was rather long, wonder if he was negotiating a deal for long term accommodation for someone.
There was also an article which said he had travelled to Philippines. Was this an error or is it correct?
I wonder if police took advantage and bugged his home. We know at least one of the daughters had visited there dad after his arrival. .

Thanks for the link KG....interesting...

Seven News understands John’s daughter, Angela Chardon, has now left the country too.

So sad for her parents and family. What must her children be going through? Why did the children need to go with their father to Indonesia, with 2 adult step sisters who could have looked after them? Seems like not a lot of caring for or about Novy is happening here. MOO

So sad for her parents and family. What must her children be going through? Why did the children need to go with their father to Indonesia, with 2 adult step sisters who could have looked after them? Seems like not a lot of caring for or about Novy is happening here. MOO

I feel really badly for the children, they are young and they haven't seen their mum for 21 days. They've been taken out of school, flown here and there, been cared for by who? They must feel so sad and confused. I hope he is being gentle with them.

So the poi is her husband, big surprise :(. Seems in the USA, men are constantly doing this to their wives. They don't want them anymore or they don't want the wife to leave and move on, they just throw them away like they are a piece of trash whether there are children or not. How often does this seem to be happening in Australia? I always am so sad when there are children involved. She was so vibrant and full of life. So sad for Novy and her family.

I wonder WHY it's now a 'murder investigation' - there must be some hard evidence that Novy was murdered....

I see the media have finally spoken to Novy's family. I am waiting to hear back from people who might be able to help them be heard some more in this country, nothing certain but it might help them feel people care over here. Their appeals for help in that area on twitter made me really sad.

This could become Australia's next big media frenzy. I predict massive custody battles and 60 Minutes interviews should police not be able to arrest anyone right away...

So the poi is her husband, big surprise :(. Seems in the USA, men are constantly doing this to their wives. They don't want them anymore or they don't want the wife to leave and move on, they just throw them away like they are a piece of trash whether there are children or not. How often does this seem to be happening in Australia?

I think the above happens everywhere that there are men and women... However, one factor that I do see as being an Australian issue is that Asian wives very often have a pretty hard time of it here.

This is coming from observations I've made, having several friends who are Asian nationals married to Australian men (I also know some Aussie woman married to Asian men, and they have their own set of issues). Sometimes that relationship is based on nothing but love and mutual respect -- sadly, this is not always the case.

Asian wives have to put up with the general view that they are gold diggers, and the husbands are asked what's wrong with them that they couldn't choose an Australian bride. Many of the men I know with Asian wives have a really stinky attitude to women in general and it's plain that what they want is an 'ideal' passive wife who lives to serve them. To them their Asian wife is a sex doll that does housework and cooks. This is, in their eyes, the rightful place of women.

The wives are expected to be grateful - many come from poverty and this is thrown in thier faces all the time: "you'd have nothing if it wasn't for me". Women in this situation are NOT regarded as equals, at all, and are expected to be abjectly, eternally and subserviently grateful for having been 'saved' from relative poverty.

When an Asian woman can't or won't live up to this ideal, they are sometimes treated badly.

One Vietnamese woman I know met her husband in Vietnam and was promised a good life here. The husband was all charm and promises.. But when she got to his Queensland property, she was seen as a piece of gold digging trash by her parents in law, and was not allowed to live in the main house (they are a farming family). She had no friends, no life outisde the farm, no money of her own. She could only enter the main house to do the cleaning and cooking - all other times, she had to live in a shed outside, like the cattle and dogs. If husband wanted sex, he went to her shed.

The husband grew frustrated with her complaints about how he'd lied, his parents constant belittling and scorn, and her mistreatment in general. So he started hitting her, raping her, and withholding money so she couldn't run away. It didn't end well- she shot him in the leg with pellet gun, stole his car and ran to another state with nothing but the clothes on her back. Today she's better off, still in the country and has a good job. She's a lovely girl.. wouldn't cross her, though. :D

This is the worst story I've heard, but I've heard others almost as bad. There's still a huge amount of prejudice, and still a lot of people from both sides of the marriage taking advantage of one another. Racism and opportunism in this country is alive and well, no matter how PC we think we are these days.

To me, it's not a stretch that the Chardons though Novy was a threat. Perhaps she realised she was entitled to more of the family business than they were comfortable with, once she'd spoken to a divorce lawyer.. Asian women are, I think, quite often severely underestimated by disgusting yobs who marry them for the wrong reasons.

I stress: this is not always the case. And times have changed a lot. But not enough that I'll be surprised if Chardon and daughters are arrested for doing away with an 'uppity' Asian ex - who was seen as 'gold digging' by claiming her rightful share of the company as Chardon's partner and wife.

NOTE: I am not saying this was all or even in part Novy's situation. But it IS a problem here that -might- have contributed to Novy's sad fate in one way or another, as it has for a lot of other Asian women.

I feel really badly for the children, they are young and they haven't seen their mum for 21 days. They've been taken out of school, flown here and there, been cared for by who? They must feel so sad and confused. I hope he is being gentle with them.

It's an awful situation for those children. If he is involved in Novy's disappearance in someway, you'd have to wonder about the long term emotional and psychological consequences of the children being with him until something is proven. It reminds me of how we all had to stand by and watch GBC look after his children after Allison was murdered.

Hopefully plenty of counselling is available for them when and if they need it.:please:

I think the above happens everywhere that there are men and women... However, one factor that I do see as being an Australian issue is that Asian wives very often have a pretty hard time of it here.

Thank you for the info! It is always interesting to learn about traits and statistics in another country. The situation you describe is very similar to some of the mail-order-brides here. There are many horror stories and I know of one murder of a Russian bride. There was a recent episode of Stalked with a Russian bride that was treated the way you describe. I guess it is a human condition. Because I live in the US and it seems like I constantly hear the news of men killing their wives, it feels like a US only problem and you start to think, "What is wrong with us as a country?" But it really is all over the world. I will never understand how humans can torture and kill other humans. It is baffling!

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/201...ssistance-to-locate-property-mp-novy-chardon/

Police have not been able to account for property listed below and would like to appeal to any member of the public who may locate any of these items to immediately contact police.

Items police are seeking are:

a black Chanel brand handbag with gold chain handle and gold metal ‘C’ (for Chanel) logo.
a dark vinyl make up bag
a beige leather Prada wallet
a brown (bug eye) sunglasses
a brown Luis Vuitton key wallet with Volvo key
a khaki singlet
red shorts
a silver watch (unknown brand)
Samsung Android Tablet
Cream coloured ballet shoes/flats
Apple Iphone
Red suitcase
Black suitcase

Police have also supplied this list to the Clean Up Australia Campaign organisers who will distribute it to all volunteers working within the Gold Coast and Logan City Council areas as part of Clean Up Australia Day this Sunday March 3, 2013.

Wow good timing the Clean Up Australia Day is this coming Sunday!! Depending on the weather there should be quite a lot of folks out & about.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/201...ssistance-to-locate-property-mp-novy-chardon/

Police have not been able to account for property listed below and would like to appeal to any member of the public who may locate any of these items to immediately contact police.

Items police are seeking are:

a black Chanel brand handbag with gold chain handle and gold metal ‘C’ (for Chanel) logo.
a dark vinyl make up bag
a beige leather Prada wallet
a brown (bug eye) sunglasses
a brown Luis Vuitton key wallet with Volvo key
a khaki singlet
red shorts
a silver watch (unknown brand)
Samsung Android Tablet
Cream coloured ballet shoes/flats
Apple Iphone
Red suitcase
Black suitcase

Police have also supplied this list to the Clean Up Australia Campaign organisers who will distribute it to all volunteers working within the Gold Coast and Logan City Council areas as part of Clean Up Australia Day this Sunday March 3, 2013.

BBM
Do these suitcases explain the 'clothes strewn about' around her car - someone stole the suitcases, left the clothes?

Were the clothes really 'clothes', or were they perhaps smocks/items used in her beauty business, and the suitcases were filled with beauty products for the business (presuming she worked her business perhaps from home, and in other peoples homes) - someone stole the beauty products and the suitcases?

Wonder who supplied the list of missing items, were there really even any suitcases missing?

Just don't know what to think!

BBM
Do these suitcases explain the 'clothes strewn about' around her car - someone stole the suitcases, left the clothes?

Were the clothes really 'clothes', or were they perhaps smocks/items used in her beauty business, and the suitcases were filled with beauty products for the business (presuming she worked her business perhaps from home, and in other peoples homes) - someone stole the beauty products and the suitcases?

Wonder who supplied the list of missing items, were there really even any suitcases missing?

Just don't know what to think!

The shorts/tshirt/shoes etc on the list are the clothes she was wearing that night - see the photo in the article. The bag was in one of the other photo's in one of the MSM, and the tablet/phone etc are probably always in the bag.

You could be right about the suitcases with beauty products, that seems like something that she would carry in the car, if the business was a mobile business. Anyone know?

Wow good timing the Clean Up Australia Day is this coming Sunday!! Depending on the weather there should be quite a lot of folks out & about.

Excellent Timing I would say - smart LE I hope. They usually find many strange and stranger things on CUAD, lets hope they find something that will lead us to Novy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123