Australia Australia - Paddy Moriarty, 70, & his dog Kellie, Larrimah, NT, 16 Dec 2017

Hi Tootsie, yes I saw that too. It will be very interesting to see if anything happens from this shaking of the branch. The NT police obviously believe that someone in Larrimah killed Paddy, and that someone else either knows or suspects. And are hoping that for $250 thousand, someone might talk. I don't know though. I would think that anyone living in Larimah is not interested in money, living the high life, buying mansions and expensive clothes, and all the other things that money can buy. Perhaps this someone would rather his little hometown was just left alone.

Last edited:
Hi Tootsie, yes I saw that too. It will be very interesting to see if anything happens from this shaking of the branch. The NT police obviously believe that someone in Larrimah killed Paddy, and that someone else either knows or suspects. And are hoping that for $250 thousand, someone might talk. I don't know though. I would think that anyone living in Larrimah is not interested in money, living the high life, buying mansions and expensive clothes, and all the other things that money can buy. Perhaps this someone would rather his little hometown was just left alone.

Last edited:
'Help us solve a murder': Police offer $250,000 reward in Paddy Moriarty case

Police are offering a quarter of a million dollars for information about Paddy Moriarty, whose sudden disappearance from a tiny outback town three years ago has become one of the Northern Territory's most notorious missing person cases.

Announcing the reward on Thursday afternoon, NT Police said they believe the 70-year-old was murdered.

They said large signs had now been erected near Larrimah offering $250,000 for information leading to the location of Mr Moriarty's body or a conviction.

"It is hard to keep a secret," Detective Sergeant Matthew Allen said in a pre-recorded video.

"Someone out there knows what happened. We want them to come forward and help us solve a murder.

"You may be eligible for immunity from prosecution."

NT Police said the investigation remained active and officers continue to speak with people.

"We continue to follow up information from the public," Detective Sergeant Allen said.

"A number of people have been eliminated from our inquiries.

"There are obviously still persons of interest in relation to this murder. Certainly some are a lot stronger than others — they know who they are."

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Patrick ‘Paddy’ Moriarty Police Presser.

NT Police have announced a $250,000 reward for information in relation to missing person Patrick ‘Paddy’ Moriarty.

"A number of items have been seized during the investigation"
Hoping to take advantage of developments in forensic science, whether that be in Australia or overseas.
What couldn't be done three years ago, yesterday or even today, may be able to be done tomorrow.

Last edited:
'Somebody knows what happened': $250k offered for information about Irishman Paddy Moriarty who disappeared in Australian Outback

Abbeyfeale native Mae Screeney is hopeful that a $250,000 reward offered by Australian police may be the key to finding out what happened to her disappeared cousin.

Mr Moriarty - the son of the late Abbeyfeale native Mary Theresa Moriarty - is believed to have been murdered, though no sign of him has been located in spite of an extensive police search and investigation.

Thanks for this, They'll!

I don't recall the last supper comment or that he had more beer than he usually did.
That sounds to me like he was treating himself because he knew it would be his last.
But then the asking to borrow the mower seems like he wasn't expecting to go anywhere, or not be there.

Maybe he wanted to leave his lawn all nice and freshly cut.

I think Fran did this - she's the only one who doesn't feel any sympathy at all for him from what I can tell.
And no sympathy at all for Kellie.
Paddy and Kellie often come up in my thoughts, among a few other missing persons in Australia like wee Bung in Boronia (nephew was in class with her), Sandrine Jourdan, Donny Govan (lived in my town), William Tyrrell to name a few. I just wish in this day and age it wouldn't take so long to find out what happened and to bring justice. I still hold faith, after the epic work police did to catch Daniel Morcombes abductor and killer and find remains for his family to lay to rest.

I will still hold out for hope that justice will come for whoever is responsible for the demise of Paddy and Kellie.

I was hoping that all the talk about using DNA and other forensic methods on testing the many remains already found, might have some of these people identified.
But unlike in the US, nothing much appears to be happening.

It's very disappointing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie