Found Deceased Australia - Qi Yu, 28, Campsie Nsw, 8th June 2018 *arrest*

i caught the end of this on the news a day or two ago, a reporter talking to a man in a car who said he hoped she was found alive or something similar, something just seemed off in his comments, not sure if he was a friend, flatmate or relative?
sorry i see the interview is in the link above, rewatching maybe its not so suss just a bit of a language issue?

Last edited:
i caught the end of this on the news a day or two ago, a reporter talking to a man in a car who said he hoped she was found alive or something similar, something just seemed off in his comments, not sure if he was a friend, flatmate or relative?
sorry i see the interview is in the link above, rewatching maybe its not so suss just a bit of a language issue?

Yeah I felt that too at first, but more than likely what you said, a bit of a language barrier.

It reminded me a bit of the nursing home fire several years ago at Quakers Hill. One of the staff was interviewed by media, all shocked and helping people escape. It turned out that he had deliberately lit it!

Young Asian women seem to be a bit vulnerable to predators, don't they?

Campsie and Burwood has a large population and many of the businesses signs are Asian. I’ve been to a Campsie Chinese natural medicine and they couldn’t speak a word and English.
Looking at Google maps, between Loch Road Campsie and Lindsay Street Burwood is only 9 minutes drive and there is the Cook River and a few reserves, parks and shopping centres which is a worry.

I hope this doesn’t turn out like Michelle Leng who was a Chinese student living with her brother in law who murdered her.
Uncle charged with murder of student found in blowhole

OT Yes that is what I thought when I first heard about this case. I was overseas in December so I did not hear the sentence so thanks for reminding me.
Derek Barrett sentenced to 46 years' jail over niece Mengmei Leng's murder
'Sexual deviant' sentenced to 46 years' jail over niece's murder

In the media report that I read Qi Yu had cleared out her bedroom and left that apartment overnight without telling her flatmates. They reported that her room was "empty".

Homicide police join search for missing Chinese woman Qi Yu

It sounds to me that she may have met a man who asked her to share his flat or live with him. She could have met this man online on a dating site or answered a flat share advertisement. If this was the case, maybe she did not give notice as she did not want her parents to know that she was going to live with a man or share his flat (as they may not have approved). So she could have decided not to give her flatmates any notice so that she would not have to give a forwarding address.

Man charged with the murder of Qi Yu
THE housemate of a young Sydney woman who mysteriously disappeared five days ago has been charged with murder.

Murder charge over mystery disappearance

It was the housemate! So this 19yo removed all her belongings too so it looked as if she had vanished or moved to another flat and he could clean up.

But I have not read that he was discharged from a mental hospital. I assumed they had had a fight and he had suffered injuries so had to be hospitalised.

Which media report say he was mentally ill?

Man charged with the murder of Qi Yu
THE housemate of a young Sydney woman who mysteriously disappeared five days ago has been charged with murder.

Murder charge over mystery disappearance

It was the housemate! So this 19yo removed all her belongings too so it looked as if she had vanished or moved to another flat and he could clean up.

But I have not read that he was discharged from a mental hospital. I assumed they had had a fight and he had suffered injuries so had to be hospitalised.

Which media report say he was mentally ill?
Sorry, that was just my initial thoughts. More than likely he was injured and required treatment.

A man accused of murdering his female flatmate didn't come up from the cells when his case was mentioned in a Sydney court this afternoon.

Shou Dong, 19, is accused of murdering Qi Yu, 28, whom he allegedly rented a room from in Campsie.

Police have still been unable to locate a body.

The murder case will be mentioned in court again on August 15.

Man charged with murder of missing Chinese woman

So SD apparently had not paid his rent so they must have had an argument about it which led to physical violence and he killed her. Maybe before that, she also told him to leave the apartment but he wasn't going anywhere.

We, at least, know his name now, he was only 19yo and there is a picture of him in the video on that page. Let's hope they find her body soon. I feel so sorry for her mother.

RIP Qi Yu.

Why does a man charged with murder have the right to refuse to allow police to carry out a forensic procedure?

Yes, it does seem strange. Although I remember another case (albeit in Queensland) where an accused refused to consent to a forensic examination. Police applied to a magistrate to have the examination performed and it was granted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back