Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just mentioning again, RH was not sharing over the radio the information that he wasn't alone, but had a companion with him, who would probably not appreciate him jawing with his buddies on the radio through the evening, leaving her to try to entertain herself alone. I think it's perfectly reasonable he would make up an excuse for why he couldn't talk for long. IMO, just because he said it, doesn't make it so.
I think its more that anyone can listen in to the radio conversation and may have relayed those details to Russell's wife.
Hello motomike
Thanks for those comments. You have really filled things out here.
I posted a time line, in a larger reply to Zanzibar. Deceased/Not Found - Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*
I wonder if you might cast your eye over it. I'd be mightily grateful for any comments.
I have another question. In the Ch9 Under Investigation, Valentine Small, one of the panelists, shows a diagram of the campsite.
Mr Hill's 4WD is parked nose towards the perimeter of the clearing. The diagram shows that Mr Hill pitched the tent on the passenger side. The tent is one that has a room and an awning, at least in the diagram. The awning does not face the 4WD but rather faces out, towards the track/clearing. Does this seem the sort of arrangement Mr Hill would use?
Thanks again for your comments. I can't begin to imagine how distressing all this must be for the families and friends of Mr Hill and Ms Clay.
Yes I did read your timeline post and it fits with my estimation as well.
With regard to the tent setup. The 4WD is parked nose towards the river. I believe the tent was positioned with the entrance facing the side of the 4WD and the awning almost touching the side of the 4WD. The tent poles on the ground between the main part of the tent and the 4WD I thonk belong to the awning. There is a almost square patch on the ground of burnt material that is consistent with the awning I believe. The scorch marks on the 4WD are from the awning burning in my opinion. There is a small piece of rope on the hitching rail on the canopy that may have been used to tie to the awning rather than a tent peg in the ground (MOO).
There are 2 orange tent ropes in the foreground one stretched towards the 4WD and the other coiled up near the corner of the main part of the tent. This ads to my reasoning re the orientation of the tent and 4WD.

Attachments

• Russels car and tent.jpg
    Russels car and tent.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 39
Detectives have found a ring at the site.

Police have discovered a ring at the same location where detectives unearthed human remains, believed to be that of missing Wonnangatta campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay.

The piece of jewellery may hold the key to give the two grieving families closure.

Major clue in missing campers search
Wow!

Will at least Russell or Carol be identified faster now that dentures have been found ?

Are there any markings on dentures that leads to identifying someone.

No they dont have a makers mark usually (at least mine dont)
If the dental technician that made them can be contacted they may still have the original impressions taken from either Russell or Carol depending on who they belong to.

Thanks very much for your insight here Motomike. Very much appreciated!

Out of interest @Motormike, do you know if when Russell flew his drone, did he have some sort of headset that covered his eyes?

Like this...

akrales_190429_3371_0087.jpg
No he didnt, just the normal 2 toggle type remote control. As far as I know he didnt have a smart phone either so would only be able to fly where he could keep visual contact with the drone himself.

Wow that's certainly but luck having 2 wives/partners die of suspicious circumstances. :rolleyes: The current wife might have been living on borrowed time as well. I wonder how escalated their arguments became in recent months given the pressure GL must have been under.
Yes, the current wife may have just escaped by the skin of her teeth!

Just mentioning again, RH was not sharing over the radio the information that he wasn't alone, but had a companion with him, who would probably not appreciate him jawing with his buddies on the radio through the evening, leaving her to try to entertain herself alone. I think it's perfectly reasonable he would make up an excuse for why he couldn't talk for long. IMO, just because he said it, doesn't make it so.
Interesting, could be.

No they dont have a makers mark usually (at least mine dont)
If the dental technician that made them can be contacted they may still have the original impressions taken from either Russell or Carol depending on who they belong to.

That's right, dentures don't have any marking, but, they do offer a lot of information-what teeth are missing, wear patterns, etc. If the dentist or technician who made them is know, which they should be in this situation- their records could be used for identification purposes, and, the original impressions/models, or more recently, scans might be available.

Hi everyone, I've been away for a few days and have done a brief catch up just now but would like one thing confirmed if possible.

Are the only remains found a ring and a set of dentures?

No, they have been sifting, tagging and bagging other items (possibly bone fragments imo).

The ring and dentures are a new unearthing.

Interesting, could be.
Carol had camped a few times with Russell we have come to know, and every time Russell went camping "solo" we would talk with him, so Carol should have expected this to be normal situation. I dont think there would have been any pressure for Russell to get off the radio from Carol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member