Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been AWOL for the past few days as my husband was carted off to hospital in an ambulance. I was only half way through Thread 4 and was about to post something but it may be redundant now so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'd be hugely grateful if someone could tell me what's happened in just a few sentences. Thank you.

(@#20) my last post. I typed that before I saw the burnt logs in the article. But "bone fragments" still leave questions. I suppose animals moving them can happen, but LE has finished up looking for other evidence at the location where the remains were found. It was so quick they finished up. Maybe LE realizes they aren't going to find anything else at the burial site. Just speculating because in my mind I ask where are the rest of the remains, only bone fragments. In the photo from the article it doesn't look like the logs burned all the way through. Maybe these were the top layer. The heat in this case has to be very high as in 3000 degrees to burn the bodies fully. I think this may be a rouse by the offender to throw off LE. But at the same time the article says "exact location." Maybe the rouse is the burnt logs because maybe there are more in the area (I think someone mentioned this earlier and its possible.) MOO.

I've been AWOL for the past few days as my husband was carted off to hospital in an ambulance. I was only half way through Thread 4 and was about to post something but it may be redundant now so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I'd be hugely grateful if someone could tell me what's happened in just a few sentences. Thank you.
Sorry to hear about your husband Judy. I've been AWOL also. What I know is as follows: Human remains found, as in bone fragments. The Mercury Sun (I believe the publications name is) has photos of the exact location. Dentures and a ring were also found. That's what I know so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Judy, the publication is called "The Mercury" not the Mercury Sun.

JBowie said:
Given what I've seen of traditional funeral pyres, it takes a pretty big bundle of combustible material to effectively burn corpses and I think I'd expect more residue at the site.

However, I don't know what the perpetrator tried to do with fire, other than probably hope to destroy what he may have considered obvious evidence.

Although the fire suggests that something violent has occurred there, has the possibility been discussed that it might have been an accidental byproduct of an altercation? Primus type stove and/or lamp knocked over into tent?

(@#20) my last post. I typed that before I saw the burnt logs in the article. But "bone fragments" still leave questions. I suppose animals moving them can happen, but LE has finished up looking for other evidence at the location where the remains were found. It was so quick they finished up. Maybe LE realizes they aren't going to find anything else at the burial site. Just speculating because in my mind I ask where are the rest of the remains, only bone fragments. In the photo from the article it doesn't look like the logs burned all the way through. Maybe these were the top layer. The heat in this case has to be very high as in 3000 degrees to burn the bodies fully. I think this may be a rouse by the offender to throw off LE. But at the same time the article says "exact location." Maybe the rouse is the burnt logs because maybe there are more in the area (I think someone mentioned this earlier and its possible.) MOO.

Yes 5W, i'd say they've found what they were looking for and what they need at the site. Since their remains have been out there for 20 months, I reckon it would be impossible to recover everything.
It's interesting that at the start of the search the media was saying they could be there for a long time...yet it seems to be a fairly short time in a refined location...
...remembering also... prior to this recent search...they had enough to charge the accused with murder.

I find it odd or unusual the way the fire hit RH's truck. Like both sides are separated by something in the middle and it caused the truck to not have much damage but the tent completely. Can anyone think of what could do this. In earlier threads it was mentioned something like a wind puppet (I'm probably so off on the wind puppet thing.) Even with a motion like that I just can't see how the odd markings appeared on his truck. This post is suppose to go with what JBowie said as in post #25. (@#25.) Hopefully my link to post #25 works.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is now redundant but I'll post it anyway and then go back to Thread 4 and try and catch up.

Mr Lynn's neighbour noticed the car had been re-painted. While he said he couldn't tell "off-hand" exactly when it changed, he believes it could be "well over 12 months ago". That means it could have been 2018, not 2019.

Video published on 16 April, 2018

7 minute video of the drive from Wonnangatta to Dargo. The guy has a change of plan at 4:40 and instead of taking the Cynthea Range Track to Dargo, he decides to go via the Eaglevale Track. Interestingly, at 5:00 he sees a blue 4WD. Blue 4WDs may be extremely popular for all I know, but I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it.

GL's car - 3 colours.jpg GL police sketch.JPG Blue 4WD.JPG

Fresh insights into man arrested over missing Victoria campers

Apologies if this is now redundant but I'll post it anyway and then go back to Thread 4 and try and catch up.

Mr Lynn's neighbour noticed the car had been re-painted. While he said he couldn't tell "off-hand" exactly when it changed, he believes it could be "well over 12 months ago". That means it could have been 2018, not 2019.

7 minute video of the drive from Wonnangatta to Dargo. The guy has a change of plan at 4:40 and instead of taking the Cynthea Range Track to Dargo, he decides to go via the Eaglevale Track. Interestingly, at 5:00 he sees a blue 4WD. Blue 4WDs may be extremely popular for all I know, but I nearly fell off my chair when I saw it.

View attachment 325076 View attachment 325077 View attachment 325078

Very interesting. Its like it wasn't even in the same year the paint job. WTF? Something's not right here. Maybe a quick paint job or spray and then sprayed it to another color. That's the only way this could possibly happen. As in three times, perhaps. That would take effort and it would be meticulous and methodical. He may have spray painted it at unknown location(s) so no would know.

Last edited:
Very interesting. Its like it wasn't even in the same year the paint job. WTF? Something's not right here. Maybe a quick paint job or spray and then sprayed it to another color. That's the only way this could possibly happen. As in three times, perhaps. That would take effort and it would be meticulous and methodical.

I'm not understanding what you're saying. It was white to start with. The neighbour said it was painted blue in 2019
but it could be "well over 12 months ago", i.e. 2018. Now it's beige.

Hoping your husband makes a good recovery from whatever ails him.

I'm not understanding what you're saying. It was white to start with. The neighbour said it was painted blue in 2019
but it could be "well over 12 months ago", i.e. 2018. Now it's beige.
Ah, I see. Thanks. That explains a lot. But at the same time someone could do that as well. But I don't think that here after you explained this. I guess I missed the white paint part. I knew about the blue and beige. Thank you.

Hope all is okay JJ.

When was the last time we had a SK in Australia?
Possibly Milat.

You may wish to Google, "are there still Serial Killers?" or similar key words.

I did so a few weeks ago and came across scholarly articles on the relationship between the increase in mass shootings and decline in Serial Killers.

Very interesting.
CCTV and data collection are two of the reasons cited for Serial killings dying off (excuse the pun) as it simply isn't as easy to get away with it any more.

I've yet to thoroughly delve into the subject @Kemug but if you do, let us know something interesting :)

Last edited:
That was an interesting video. I was fascinated to see what the high country in that area is really like. I think the blue 4WD (it does look like a Nissan Patrol) in the video at 5:00 was being driven by the man who was following Tim Bates (?), the driver making the video. He tells him at about 4:50 to swing around to the left at the top and the other man replies on what sounds like a radio. He has another video on the way to Wonnangatta Station a couple of days earlier where you see a navy 4WD parked next to where Tim Bates pulls out in his car after stopping for lunch at Licola.

View attachment 325076 View attachment 325077 View attachment 325078

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads